Football Outsiders give the 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":tcr647v6 said:
Nobody's saying it doesn't matter, we're just saying you're using it as TOO much of an excuse in favor of Kaepernick.

No, I've said he needs to work on his progressions and then in response to the argument that he doesn't utilize all of his receivers I stated that you might also want to actually look at who those other receivers were.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2fw79gib said:
Nobody's saying it doesn't matter, we're just saying you're using it as TOO much of an excuse in favor of Kaepernick.
I guarantee he wasn't saying it after week 1 last year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Kearse and Baldwin and Lockette were all available for the 49ers if they wanted them initially, Kearse and Baldwin UFA and Lockette was already there once, also Tate was a project that worked out. None of our guys were 1st round can't miss guys so to speak. It comes back to being able to coach guys up if you ask me, we did it with these guys and working on others.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3l85b5kq said:
RolandDeschain":3l85b5kq said:

Nope....but then you know there were like 15 more regular season games.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":3pyxm2om said:
Well Kearse and Baldwin and Lockette were all available for the 49ers if they wanted them initially, Kearse and Baldwin UFA and Lockette was already there once, also Tate was a project that worked out. None of our guys were 1st round can't miss guys so to speak. It comes back to being able to coach guys up if you ask me, we did it with these guys and working on others.

You might just have a point...

...but it has nothing to do with what I was saying.

WR thus far has been a position the Niners haven't had a ton of luck with in the draft. Hopefully Patton and Ellington change that...but again, that had nothing to do with my point.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":3p40a9mr said:
Scottemojo":3p40a9mr said:
RolandDeschain":3p40a9mr said:

Throws for 400, Niner fans are like Crabtree Schmabtree. Boldin is Bawse! A week later Kaepernick looks just as bad as he did in week 16 2012 (when he had his "weapons") and all can be explained away by a lack of weapons.

Excuse making at it's finest. I just finished watching a couple of Niner games. Colin sucks at so many things that quarterbacks should do well. But because he is outstanding at a couple of things you simply cannot teach, he gets away with it. It's OK to admit it.

chris98251

Reaction score
It does if you're saying that Kaep isn't making progressions and spreading the ball around and Wilson does more of it. If the QB doesn't trust his receivers to either catch and or knock a pass down that can't be caught he will not throw to them, also if they can't get separation and or position he will not throw to them either. You said we had better receivers, I explained that we worked to develop them into NFL guys, they were available for the taking initially.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1g6fifwh said:
Marvin49":1g6fifwh said:
Scottemojo":1g6fifwh said:
RolandDeschain":1g6fifwh said:

Throws for 400, Niner fans are like Crabtree Schmabtree. Boldin is Bawse! A week later Kaepernick looks just as bad as he did in week 16 2012 (when he had his "weapons") and all can be explained away by a lack of weapons.

Excuse making at it's finest. I just finished watching a couple of Niner games. Colin sucks at so many things that quarterbacks should do well. But because he is outstanding at a couple of things you simply cannot teach, he gets away with it. It's OK to admit it.

Ya...where did I say "Crabtree Schmabtree"?

Please confine to arguing against points I've actually made and not arguments that are easier to discredit.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Just curious, since Kap is sooo bad, who should we of taken in place of him at Qb in 2011?

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":1jfuugrc said:
It does if you're saying that Kaep isn't making progressions and spreading the ball around and Wilson does more of it. If the QB doesn't trust his receivers to either catch and or knock a pass down that can't be caught he will not throw to them, also if they can't get separation and or position he will not throw to them either. You said we had better receivers, I explained that we worked to develop them into NFL guys, they were available for the taking initially.

My point is not and never has been about Wilson. Someone stated that Kap throws a much higher % of his passes to only a few receivers and I explained its because the rest of the recievers suck. I wasn't saying that his receivers were the only reason he struggled and I NEVER said he was better at getting to secondary receivers than Wilson.

All I said was that his other receivers sucked. Dunno why this is a novel concept.

Sac

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":3saqtvly said:
Just curious, since Kap is sooo bad, who should we of taken in place of him at Qb in 2011?

Have. The word you're looking for is "have".

And Kaep is a good QB. He just sucks against the Seahawks.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2bpk3brh said:
Sourdough #49":2bpk3brh said:

Don't all Qbs struggle against your tug and mug defense?

chris98251

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":3ha2d4ee said:
SacHawk2.0":3ha2d4ee said:
Sourdough #49":3ha2d4ee said:

Seem to remember Marino, Montana Tarkenton, and others did pretty and had the records before the Pey Pey rules went into effect to give him all the records.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2czrgq9k said:
Sourdough #49":2czrgq9k said:

...but, but....

OK, that one I agree with. So far, 'hawks have his number.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":1f6kdk5b said:
chris98251":1f6kdk5b said:

My point is not and never has been about Wilson. Someone stated that Kap throws a much higher % of his passes to only a few receivers and I explained its because the rest of the recievers suck. I wasn't saying that his receivers were the only reason he struggled and I NEVER said he was better at getting to secondary receivers than Wilson.

All I said was that his other receivers sucked. Dunno why this is a novel concept.

You said the rest of his receivers suck, I simply stated that we have receivers that nobody wanted and brought in and developed, those same receivers that Wilson throws to to spread the ball around that makes his percentage of different receivers that have catches higher along with a higher completion percentage. Either coaching or talent evaluation is lacking, although we can say the same for our O Line versus the 49ers to date.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
chris98251":wxh7kack said:
Sourdough #49":wxh7kack said:
SacHawk2.0":wxh7kack said:
Sourdough #49":wxh7kack said:

Seem to remember Marino, Montana Tarkenton, and others did pretty and had the records before the Pey Pey rules went into effect to give him all the records.

I missed those games, when did those Qb's face off against the current LoB roster? Did they play at the final game in Candlestick?

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":1ytluh4u said:
Marvin49":1ytluh4u said:
chris98251":1ytluh4u said:

You said the rest of his receivers suck, I simply stated that we have receivers that nobody wanted and brought in and developed, those same receivers that Wilson throws to to spread the ball around that makes his percentage of different receivers that have catches higher along with a higher completion percentage. Either coaching or talent evaluation is lacking, although we can say the same for our O Line versus the 49ers to date.

...and I'm saying that you could be right about the Niners developing WRs but that has nothing to do with what I was saying in regards to the reasons Kap only throws to a select few WRs. The other ones suck and he didn't trust them.

Again...Kyle Williams, Jon Baldwin, Kassim Osgood.....I'd take Tate, Baldwin and Kearse over any of them. In a heartbeat.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maybe not our roster but the Raiders and the Steelers along with the 49ers had some secondaries that would change, alter, decapitate you. look up Darryl Stingley.

In fact the Knox era Seahawks secondary was pretty damn good also.

Complaining about the LOB for playing within the lines that other secondaries don't is a weak argument, good and feared secondaries have been around for a while.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":2pbpq4wm said:
You already had a guy who got you within one play of the SB, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.