Focus on what we can control...NOISE

Reaction score
This has been an agonizing week to be a Hawks fan feeling completely out of control with play calling and Percy Harvin just to name a few. Just a plea to focus on what we can control this week. Noise.

One of the best things about watching a football game is you can and do significantly influence a game. Compared to basically every other sport where you make very little to no difference, you can have a significant impact on the game. Above all, what I love about being a Seahawks fan is we understand this and we are intelligent about when and how to do it. We change games.

This game means so much and we have little control over it. However, the little control we do have can change the game and the season. Let's keep our focus!

cacksman

Reaction score
It's frustrating watching the telecast and seeing what looks like least 50% of the fans standing there on 3rd down without a peep. Why get all dressed up in Seahawks garb and pay a ton of $$ to go to a game if you aren't going to be loud?

253hawk

Reaction score
If I see one more douche canoe hipster staring blankly at their cell phone on TV when we're on defense I'm going to lose it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I hope they break the "old" decibal record. I don't care if anyone is there to record it, I just want to see Rams ears bleed.

RezHawk

Reaction score
Post of the day! I am sick of reading negative crap about Percy and Bevell. You think seeing the Douche canoe hipster staring at his phone on tv is bad, try standing next to one at the game. Hopefully most of the fantasy football leagers have lost out by now as well so they can concentrate on the game at hand. Bring the noise people!

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I'm not totally sure what a douche canoe hipster is but common sense tells me its someone that just wants to be there because its the cool place to be on a Sunday afternoon and could care less whether or not we win. Close? Anyway, good post and I agree 100%. I haven't ever been fortunate enough (yet) to attend a home game but my son tells me its completely insane in a good way. I have been a fan since around 81 and lived up in Marysville when they named the team. I guess my request would be that whoever attends the game please just leave your voice there. You will have two weeks to heal after we get home field throughout! For that I promise to do the same whenever I come up for my first home game.

Green13

Reaction score
I saw waaaay too many Douche Canoe last week! You're not going to stand up and scream, even on third down?? Please! Donate your tickets! There are people on this board every single day that bleed blue and green and rarely, if ever, get to go to games. Give them your ticket, Douche Canoe!

I'm a Twelve. I take my job seriously, I think most people at the game do. But last week there were too many Douche Canoe. Until today I didn't know what they were called, but now I do. They are Douche Canoe (plural for Douche Canoe is Douche Canoe, by the way) and they were out in abundance.

Let's get busy!

Riley12

Reaction score
Last week, I stood and screamed nonstop on defense. I gave all I could give. I left it all in the stadium.

My effort didn't matter one bit.

Seeker

Reaction score
DITTO on everything in this thread. I remember at halftime telling my girl, THAT CROWD BETTER GET LOUD!
and sure enough these bandwagoner/rookies came out taking twelthies (wth?!) and getting real danny oniel in the crowd.

OP
OP

Reaction score
Riley12":1vqd0vza said:
Last week, I stood and screamed nonstop on defense. I gave all I could give. I left it all in the stadium.

My effort didn't matter one bit.

Love it Riley.

I completely disagree with you though that your effort didn't matter one bit. The D dominated and a big part was crowd noise. Russell had his first really bad week and the offense wasn't clicking. If it wasn't for the defense and the 12s helping, Arizona would've destroyed us. We had a chance to win because of the noise and the defense.

Keep the noise coming. The offense will be better and this is the one way we can make a huge difference. Oh man, getting excited

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
253hawk":165l48ht said:
If I see one more douche canoe hipster staring blankly at their cell phone on TV when we're on defense I'm going to lose it.

As a Canadian, I am offended by you taking the canoe's name in vain.

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
Seeker":14ou5nnp said:
DITTO on everything in this thread. I remember at halftime telling my girl, THAT CROWD BETTER GET LOUD!
and sure enough these bandwagoner/rookies came out taking twelthies (wth?!) and getting real danny oniel in the crowd.

A lot of regulars sold their tickets. They didnt wanna stand in the rain days before Christmas with all the holiday prep, and unloaded their tix...

That's part of the reason the crowd wasn't as into it.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
CortezKennedyfan":3tevbo9d said:
Seeker":3tevbo9d said:

A lot of regulars sold their tickets. They didnt wanna stand in the rain days before Christmas with all the holiday prep, and unloaded their tix...

That's part of the reason the crowd wasn't as into it.

No excuse this Sunday! It's going to get LOUD! I will go home without a voice! When I get home from a game, my diaphragm muscles are so sore that I can barely sleep that night. That's what happens to us geezers!