Fluke game

rcaido

Reaction score
Reminds me of the Packers/Panthers/Rams game we had in the past. Its just one of those games where everything bounce wrong & all the dumb small mistakes turn out to be huge ones. We got the Cardinals next week, they always play us tough but i think its a good bounce back game.

- No sacks today
- Carson needs to share his carries w/ Penny & CJ evenly next week.

Can we fix our tackling. Is Kamara that great or we just that lousy in tackling. Was it the rain?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Our tackling has taken a MAJOR step back.
Other than that, nothing has changed. Same ho hum approach to game planning. Same lack of focus and urgency early. Same lack of awareness on special teams. It's quite bothersome. Without Russell, we are the Seattle... Jets or some shit.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Not a fluke honestly. Saints are a well coached team who held on after losing their HOF QB, on the ROAD. And put up a ton of points collectively.

NJlargent

Reaction score
hgwellz12":366jqu4m said:
Our tackling has taken a MAJOR step back.
Other than that, nothing has changed. Same ho hum approach to game planning. Same lack of focus and urgency early. Same lack of awareness on special teams. It's quite bothersome. Without Russell, we are the Seattle... Jets or some shit.

Our defense, not our tackling, has taken a major step backwards. The tackling is merely a byproduct of us having less talent then we claim to have.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seen way, way to much shoulder tackling today, also when they did go after Kamara they went high into his power area rather then wrapping his thighs, or midsection, I don't believe in going after knees as I never see it much for Seattle, to many chances to injure someone.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It wasn't a fluke game. It was a real team, a SB contender last year, with a top-flight defense that EVERYONE overlooked because of their QB situation. We got out-rostered and outplayed, simple as that.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3kk2mwqj said:
It wasn't a fluke game. It was a real team, a SB contender last year, with a top-flight defense that EVERYONE overlooked because of their QB situation. We got out-rostered and outplayed, simple as that.
You forgot "out coached".

getnasty

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":25edxpdu said:

I think a little of both. The Saints are probably the favorites in the NFC well at least until Brees went out but if you play that game 100 times i would like to think that we don't gift wrap them 21 points to many times.

knownone

Reaction score
It was definitely a fluky game. Take away the punt return and fumble recover for a TD, and the outcome is vastly different. We dominated this game in just about every meaningful way. Mistakes and stupid decisions cost us the game.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":29ttbd6h said:
MontanaHawk05":29ttbd6h said:

Pete admitted to that, so I felt no need to hammer it in, as if we'll lose again next week if Pete doesn't see it on Seahawks.net.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I agree that we saw a particularly bad version of today's game where a lot of stuff went wrong for us early and that impacted the rest of the game.

However, most of the second half was garbage time and the final score was a lot closer than the game was. When the Saints weren't playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage letting us chew up the clock they played pretty good defense.

Kamara was also outstanding. I'm sure he'll get credit for a lot of broken tackles but the only truly bad tackle I saw was the high shot from McDougald where he failed to wrap up. Most of the time Kamara was just using patience and burst to stay at arm's length and force a lot of bad arm tackle attempts which aren't going to take down a back running with the balance that he was showing. As long as he stays healthy I think the Saints are absolutely the team to beat in the NFC.

Lightone3232

Reaction score
Kendricks had a pretty bad missed tackle vs Kamara on a swing pass deep in their end..looked like he may have tripped before he got to him though.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":cgogr0kg said:
hawksfansinceday1":cgogr0kg said:
MontanaHawk05":cgogr0kg said:

Pete admitted to that, so I felt no need to hammer it in, as if we'll lose again next week if Pete doesn't see it on Seahawks.net.
Don't be so crusty. Shit you're crabbier than I am. And get off my lawn while you're at it.

My point was Seattle got it in all 3 phases and it bears saying. Pete also said the team got outplayed as you mentioned though of course would never say "outrostered". You're right about that for sure though. Hawks need to hit on a draft like the Saints did draft before last. Considering the team's most recent 1st rounder was a healthy scratch yesterday I'm not exactly optimistic.

Vesuve

Reaction score
knownone":2a7cw7dd said:
It was definitely a fluky game. Take away the punt return and fumble recover for a TD, and the outcome is vastly different. We dominated this game in just about every meaningful way. Mistakes and stupid decisions cost us the game.
I think Kamara and their O dominated and we made bad mistakes that we paid for.

El Caliente

Reaction score
It’s wild how the media wants to laud compliment on Teddy Bridgewater when we all saw that it was Kamara, special teams, and the defense that won that game against you guys.

Kamara is that good, and his balance is out of this world, he just bounces off of tackles and contorts his body in such a way that he is hard to bring down with just one guy.

You guys played great yesterday, I just think the coaching staff wasn’t prepared for how we were game planning Teddy B and Kamara.

xray

Reaction score
That was not a fluke. The better team won a football game . Simple as that .

Reaction score
I don't like the word "fluke" because it indicates it's just sheer luck and I don't think that's true, I think there was a lot of bad things from the Seahawks that need to be addressed but what I would say is that if you're an opposition coach, if you watch that game, there is no blueprint to beat the Seahawks. It's not like anything they did defensively killed our offense or anything they did with the ball we couldn't cope with. It was just a very error filled game and whilst every mistake needs to be emphasised in training, nobody is going to look at that game and say "So this is how you beat the Seahawks", like you could do if you watched the Patriots/Rams Superbowl and you could then say "So this is how you beat the Rams".

It was a very poor, very sloppy performance but I'd rather than fault be with us than it being a case of the opposition figuring the Seahawks out or just not being good enough to beat them. If that game was replayed again tonight, it wouldn't be a foregone conclusion by any means because many of the things that gave them their points were not reproducable. It's rare that you can concede 278 yards, get 515 yards and still lose but that tells a story.

Seahawk

Reaction score
Kendricks... #56...

That guy needs to get sentenced to prison for his insider trading real soon. His inability to tackle anyone... and I mean he sucked in all 3 games... he's terrible.

timmat

Reaction score
We got away with some things in the first few games that didn't seem so terrible because in the end we secured the W. Yesterday those issues were compounded, and against a solid team - even without the HOF QB - they made us pay for the mistakes.

Clean up the things we can control, and we'll be OK. But continue to play that undisciplined, and we'll be in trouble. In the Suberb Owl era, we also played undisciplined a lot of the time with penalties, lapses, etc. But our talent level was so high, we ran over teams in the end. This group doesn't have that luxury.

If we can get back to run blocking like we did just last season (with basically the same personnel), it will help a great deal with pass protection also. Couple that with tackling more effectively on D, and we'll be back in the playoff hunt at the end of this year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rcaido":27e2kexi said:
Can we fix our tackling. Is Kamara that great or we just that lousy in tackling. Was it the rain?

If we're being honest, our defense as a whole, especially the physicality and tackling has been average at best since the LOB broke up.

Other than Wagner, our tackling has been downright abysmal this year, and wasn't that great last year. Pete's entire defensive scheme is based on being more physical than your opponent, taking the ball away and excellent tackling.

Errr........

Latest posts