Fluke game

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I don't think this game is a fluke. It's very telling that this team needs to execute and have a good game plan to perform well, vs years past this team had the talent where even in an off-game with some poor execution on a few plays it could still take the game. It's not the case with this team (which doesn't mean the team is BAD, it just means it's not a world beater like before).

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
timmat":1r5tbrqd said:
We got away with some things in the first few games that didn't seem so terrible because in the end we secured the W. Yesterday those issues were compounded, and against a solid team - even without the HOF QB - they made us pay for the mistakes.

Clean up the things we can control, and we'll be OK. But continue to play that undisciplined, and we'll be in trouble. In the Suberb Owl era, we also played undisciplined a lot of the time with penalties, lapses, etc. But our talent level was so high, we ran over teams in the end. This group doesn't have that luxury.

If we can get back to run blocking like we did just last season (with basically the same personnel), it will help a great deal with pass protection also. Couple that with tackling more effectively on D, and we'll be back in the playoff hunt at the end of this year.
Agree all the way around. Well said

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
They looked like a 10-6 team before and now more like a 9-7 team, but I think they'll bounce back and be a solid but not elite team (again).

There's talent enough to get a wild card and maybe win a game. Beyond that, there are too many flaws right now. The tackling is bad at times. Millen broke down some of the flaws in the secondary. This is far from the Legion of Boom...Teddy Bridgewater shouldn't lit many teams up.

It seems this is the fourth or fifth year there's been a lack of talent or underachieving with too many malcontents...

BamKam

Reaction score
Fluke game? The team has been shooting themselves in the foot with a sawed off shotgun all year. Luckily the first two weeks were against two 0-3 teams. They have to figure it out quick.

OP
OP
rcaido

rcaido

Reaction score
It was a Fluke because watching the game, i never felt threaten at all with Bridgewater. Saints defense wasn't that scary either, we gave 0 sack. Not that many 3 in outs. This has been the best i've seen Wilson move around in a long time, he looked alert & non hesitant.

Carson was absolute junk, everytime we got something going he would just slip and waste a down for us. Then that big fumble pretty much gave all the momentum of the game. He also couldn't give us the 1 yard we really needed. The special teams were no better. Dickson has not been special at all this year. Dumb FG penalty was also huge momentum shift.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We were never in this game but for the maybe the first half of the first quarter. maybe.

The fluke was facing a backup QB 2 weeks in a row.

I think we can reasonably conclude the chances of facing a backup QB is much less now.

This is simply not a team with the horses to be great this year.

The outsized expectations do not mesh with any kind of unbiased view of the roster. Outside of the QB, this is a pretty average roster.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Handing a team 2 touchdowns, in addition to barely giving up 260 yards. Yes, that is a fluke game.
But credit to the Saints, they wanted it more.

hawker84

Reaction score
Pete is the worst game manager in the league. Two costly turnovers, and poor tackling. Means you get beat by a Teddy Bridgewater led team....

StoneCold

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3683if78 said:
It wasn't a fluke game. It was a real team, a SB contender last year, with a top-flight defense that EVERYONE overlooked because of their QB situation. We got out-rostered and outplayed, simple as that.

I think we were the fluke team. At least that's what I'm hoping. New Orleans is for real. We are not good enough to shoot ourselves in the foot. If we play better fundamental football, we have a good chance against anyone.

xray

Reaction score
hawker84":139s4jz5 said:
Pete is the worst game manager in the league. Two costly turnovers, and poor tackling. Means you get beat by a Teddy Bridgewater led team....

He's not the worst ; but he is the oldest . He reminds me of Tom Coughlin towards the end of his coaching career . Starting to slip .

Uncle Si

Reaction score
StoneCold":1xgp8jmn said:
MontanaHawk05":1xgp8jmn said:
It wasn't a fluke game. It was a real team, a SB contender last year, with a top-flight defense that EVERYONE overlooked because of their QB situation. We got out-rostered and outplayed, simple as that.

I think we were the fluke team. At least that's what I'm hoping. New Orleans is for real. We are not good enough to shoot ourselves in the foot. If we play better fundamental football, we have a good chance against anyone.

It wasn't a fluke in that it's no surprise a Seahawks team comes out flat and unfocused

This time it cost them

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely spot on. Not only were they not focused, the team discipline was as bad as we have seen since Mora(n) was here.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk":64pghgda said:
Kendricks... #56...

That guy needs to get sentenced to prison for his insider trading real soon. His inability to tackle anyone... and I mean he sucked in all 3 games... he's terrible.

I wish theyd use him in pass rushing situations more often. He might actually pressure the quarterback.

Otherwise, lets throw Cody Barton out there and see what happens

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
When they put up Pete Carroll's career record on the screen. Think about the -1 at the end. That was a fluke game, the team came back from that.

In addition. There is someone who collects stats on unique final scores in the NFL. They advised that two Seahawks/Cardinals game have final scores of 6-6 and 59-0 that have never been duplicated.

Torc

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3dzeauw6 said:
Handing a team 2 touchdowns, in addition to barely giving up 260 yards. Yes, that is a fluke game.
But credit to the Saints, they wanted it more.

This. The defense gave up 19 points - the other 14 were scored when the D wasn't on the field. And in one case they had stopped the Saints and a stupid brainless penalty gave them a first down instead of a missed field goal.

19 points may not be to the LOB standard but it's a winnable game and an acceptable defensive effort.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
An all day series of dumb, undisciplined plays and penalties. Just one of those days, it sucks, but it happens.

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1wyee2wx said:
Absolutely spot on. Not only were they not focused, the team discipline was as bad as we have seen since Mora(n) was here.
Maybe we agree somewhat ; but if the team comes out flat ; then that's on the coaching staff . Like you said " Mora " :irishdrinkers:

AubHawk71

Reaction score
People making hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars a year aren't allowed to have "just on of those days".

Ooops, did anyone check the o rings on the Space Shuttle? Well we killed a bunch of people and wasted billions of dollars. JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS. Next shuttle launch will be 'better'.

When you bid for glory, this is what you sign up for.

OP
OP
rcaido

rcaido

Reaction score
AubHawk71":3d8y38o5 said:
People making hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars a year aren't allowed to have "just on of those days".

Ooops, did anyone check the o rings on the Space Shuttle? Well we killed a bunch of people and wasted billions of dollars. JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS. Next shuttle launch will be 'better'.

When you bid for glory, this is what you sign up for.

wow