Florio calls Sherman a "cheap shot artist"

Throwdown

Reaction score
I thought when the Qb was out of the pocket that receivers are considered blockers?

KK84

Reaction score
I couldn't give any less of a crap what hacks like Florio and Prisco have to say. Terrible writing and lazy research, I don't understand how they get paid for the drivel they produce. I'd rather listen to idiot stick Dilfer than read this garbage.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Florio isn't a football mind, but a lawyer pretending to be a journalist and as such, should be ignored.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
It was a little bit of a cheap shot but i got no problem with it. As long as you're not trying to take out somebody's knees or anything I'm all for pushing around the other team a bit to get in their heads. Who's to say how much that factored into the game since it was early.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
KK84":2iegw2u1 said:
Sherman just got a little too excited from injecting too many marijuanas and smoking adderall.

I'm suspecting you know how to prep these. . . .

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Personally, I thought this was a keep the game in hand penalty. Officials like to throw a 15 yarder out there when they sense emotions are on the edge. They were on edge at that moment.

Personally, even though I thought the hit was legal, I wish Sherman had considered the 3rd down situation a little more.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
KK84":ivu2o2tb said:
I couldn't give any less of a crap what hacks like Florio and Prisco have to say. Terrible writing and lazy research, I don't understand how they get paid for the drivel they produce. I'd rather listen to idiot stick Dilfer than read this garbage.

Dilfer is a moron - all anti-Hawks before the game, then explains why Seattle won afterward - he's just an idiot.

Hawks46

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":3moiuks8 said:
Yeah, after the zebras had another post flag conference and figured out that it couldn't be illegal contact or something, they decided to pull their handy-dandy "personal foul" trump card out instead of just picking up the flag.... of course they were already sensing that the Hawks needed "slowin' down" at that point...

This honestly seems to be how the NFL is going. "Well, we can't figure out what he really did, how about we just hit him with the ol' unnecessary roughness?" It's honestly ludicrous how much that is called compared to even a few years ago. And it's many times at a time to really help one team or another. It's way too subjective.

And Merton Hanks will see this, read "personal foul" and rubber stamp the fine without even looking at it I bet. $7570 fine coming, mark my words.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
This article is ridiculous. It is as bad as the comments posted on it.

canfan

Reaction score
I don't read anything by Florio anymore. He takes conjecture and speculation to a whole new level. I used to listen to his podcast occasionally, but he is very short on facts and long on sensationalizing a story. He is a "former" lawyer, because even other lawyers didn't find him credible.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
He was sending a legal message much the same way that the 49rs did when they took that legal cheap shot at RW when he had clearly handed off the ball on the RO. Heck

SirTed

Reaction score
I didn't read the article and I don't have to. ANYONE who agrees with that penalty should shut the TV off and go stretch balls with Ed Hoculi. We should all LOVE that play. I know I do. I wish people around here would start to realize that football is a game that is meant to be enjoyed but not related to, unless you put your body through 15-30 mph car crashes repeatedly all day long. This is not your office.

Nothing cheap about it. Nothing illegal about it. Pretty sure you want your CB or your WHOEVER making that play every time.

That's why they teach QB's to get down on INT returns, etc. They're fair game, and they're gonna get got. If a defensive player doesn't keep his head on a swivel and get's hammered on a run play, it's HIS FAULT. Same thing applies here.

CEHawk

Reaction score
RiverDog":23e2cmhh said:
It was a stupid penalty and Sherman deserves a stiff fine. Hopefully he won't get suspended for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did. The play was over, not even anywhere near Sherman and the receiver was just standing there, not involved in the play. But I'm not going to call him a cheap shot artist.

Not even a subjective call. The Seahawks corners have been coached to make these hits, and coached well. It was a completely legal hit and takes that receiver out of the play as a blocker. I believe Pete Carroll talked about this when Browner made a similar hit on Greg Jennings with no flag. Totally legal hit that SHOULD be made.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It was a stupid hit, but to call Sherm a cheap shot artist sounds like Florio just wants some Twitter attention.

Which seems to be the new trend for all these analysts. Saying outrageous crap after games because they know they'll get a rise out of entire fanbases...........which is good for their Twitter accounts.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Wouldn't waste my time reading this drivel. Just another hater in a country filled with them. Trying to stifle a yawn.................not succeeding.

RiverDog

Reaction score
RichNhansom":kz33vf80 said:
RiverDog":kz33vf80 said:
It was a stupid penalty and Sherman deserves a stiff fine. Hopefully he won't get suspended for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did. The play was over, not even anywhere near Sherman and the receiver was just standing there, not involved in the play. But I'm not going to call him a cheap shot artist.

The play was over? Even though when Sherman hit the receiver while the ball was currently in the air? Have to disagree with you completely.

Did he have to take the shot? Nope but it doesn't change the rule that once the ball is in the air anyone not being targeted for the catch is now a blocker. If your going to change that then you need to change the rules saying receivers cannot become blockers down field.

Will they fine him? I don't know but that is only because the NFL is trying to turn the game into tickle football. Not because the hit was even remotely questionable.

I can understand if Sherman couldn't see if the play was over or not, but he could see that the receiver had clearly given up on the play and it was obvious he wasn't going to be involved. All he had to do was nudge him out of bounds if he wasn't sure the pass was going to be close. No way did he have to unload on him like that.

Mark my words, he'll get a fine for it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CEHawk":1pg8sct3 said:
RiverDog":1pg8sct3 said:

Not even a subjective call. The Seahawks corners have been coached to make these hits, and coached well. It was a completely legal hit and takes that receiver out of the play as a blocker. I believe Pete Carroll talked about this when Browner made a similar hit on Greg Jennings with no flag. Totally legal hit that SHOULD be made.

There's a difference between being physical all the way through the whistle and blowing someone up, Sherman did the latter. It's deemed excessive, thus the penalty.

TJH

Reaction score
It was "technically" legal, but really unneccesary and made him look awful.