Florio calls Sherman a "cheap shot artist"

Tical21

Reaction score
CANHawk":e4jiv61s said:
Tical21":e4jiv61s said:
I still don't get for the life of my why Sherman would be blocking.

BECAUSE HE CAN!!!
Can block? Blocking is an offensive term.

The one and only reason to block on that play is to cheap shot a guy that clearly has nothing to do with the play, and isn't looking. Legal or not, it shouldn't have a place in the sport.

253hawk

Reaction score
Let's just start a pitch-n-stitch night at CLink.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":2d73ptr2 said:
CANHawk":2d73ptr2 said:
Tical21":2d73ptr2 said:

BECAUSE HE CAN!!!

The one and only reason to block on that play is to cheap shot a guy that clearly has nothing to do with the play, and isn't looking. Legal or not, it shouldn't have a place in the sport.

So you're finally admitting it was a legal hit? I'm done here...

Tical21

Reaction score
CANHawk":2gjbae14 said:
Tical21":2gjbae14 said:
CANHawk":2gjbae14 said:
Tical21":2gjbae14 said:

BECAUSE HE CAN!!!

So you're finally admitting it was a legal hit? I'm done here...
I don't profess to know every rule. Legal or not, meaning, I don't know if it is legal or not. If it was, it shouldn't be, and won't be much longer. My guess is that it isn't, which is why the flag was thrown. Unnecessary seems to fit as a description quite well, don't ya think?

What is the discussion we're having? Is your point that Sherman found a loophole in a rule stating he has the ability to blindside an unsuspecting player. So that in itself doesn't make it wrong or cheap?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Whats the wisdom from Big Lebowski? "You're not wrong, you're just an asshole." That applies to Sherman on that play. What he did will get flagged every time.

253hawk

Reaction score
Sherman fined $7875. The block was fine but I think de-cleating Stills into next week is what did it.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
Tical21":2lsoq713 said:
I don't profess to know every rule. Legal or not, meaning, I don't know if it is legal or not. If it was, it shouldn't be, and won't be much longer. My guess is that it isn't, which is why the flag was thrown. Unnecessary seems to fit as a description quite well, don't ya think?

What is the discussion we're having? Is your point that Sherman found a loophole in a rule stating he has the ability to blindside an unsuspecting player. So that in itself doesn't make it wrong or cheap?

Well I will claim to know the rule! In laymen's terms, the rule is that if the quarterback has left the pocket (moved outside the tackle box), the receivers can be hit/blocked to take them out of the play. Once the quarterback releases the ball however, it is illegal to make contact with the receivers. Sherman was arguing with the ref that Brees had left the tackle box and therefore his hit was legal. What he'd missed was that Brees had released the ball before he hit Stills, which appropriately drew the penalty. :141847_bnono: He was fined because it was considered an aggregous hit against a defenseless receiver. Last year when Browner wiped out Jennings and caused an uproar, there was rightfully no flag as Rodgers was outside the pocket, making hitting the receivers fair game.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ Which is why I asked everybody if there is a video out there showing if the pass was thrown or not

253hawk

Reaction score
It had been thrown a second or two before Sherman unloaded, but he had already stopped looking at Brees once he left the pocket and had his eyes locked onto Stills, so he didn't know it had been thrown.

Latest posts