Fire Ken Norton (someone had to say it)

Crizilla

Reaction score
seahawks giving up almost 30 points a game this team has not adjusted to modern NFL offenses. Time to go Ken thanks for your service

justafan

Reaction score
Crizilla":2xsev0bq said:
seahawks giving up almost 30 points a game this team has not adjusted to modern NFL offenses. Time to go Ken thanks for your service

Another poster who didnt watch the game

rcaido

Reaction score
Yeah we need to change our schemes...I think we do 3 lineback to help our DB, which allows them not make better positioning in tackling.

I wish they would play Amodi, take out Tedrick.

Smellyman

Reaction score
justafan":1obephhi said:
Crizilla":1obephhi said:

Another poster who didnt watch the game

Yup, RW pick 6, Metcalf with the Ghost fumble return.

Offense crapped the bed

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
Defense has serious issues. KJ Wright continues to get burned up the middle and defensive line isn't getting any sacks. Im not stressing over the offense after Wilson's first bad game of the season. Statistically this is the worst Seahawks defense since Pete's first year.

tifferradish

Reaction score
To all the posters criticizing OP, you’re delusional. This defense is hot garbage. With all the talent the Hawks have, they shouldn’t be getting their asses handed to them. Sure the offense had their problems this game, but our defense has been troublesome this whole season.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We have average talent and we are putting up average defensive #s (slightly above average)

With an average DC.

Norton isn't great, he isn't terrible. But his roster isn't exceptional either.

Polk738

Reaction score
They really only gave up 16 pts, I'd call that a win against the number 1 offense- We all knew Jackson was going to be a problem, and of course he was-not sure why they couldn't get a spy on him. D-Line was getting some pressure, Jackson was just outrunning them an making them look foolish-I thought the secondary was much improved today especially Flowers. Definitely want to see more Blair, Thompson still giving up big plays, nothing new there I guess.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I'm on the wagon that Norton isn't going to out scheme the OC's to get us to where we ultimately want to go with Russ as our QB. I think it is telling that he had been with Carroll 15 years give or take and been passed up time and time again eventually leaving to get his shot. Then becoming the DC under Carroll after pursuing other candidates but them choosing elsewhere.

In any case comparing his results to the former units we have fielded isn't necessarily giving him a fair shake either. There isn't anything remotely close to an All Pro in the secondary. His LBers are older and slower. The DLine isn't what it once was.

THE TABS

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2xmpbhid said:
We have average talent and we are putting up average defensive #s (slightly above average)

With an average DC.

Honestly, I don’t think it’s a talent problem; it’s a schematic problem. The Tampa 2 is a dinosaur, and it no longer works, unless you have a dominant line that can rack up sacks without blitzing. I think we have decent talent up front, but not elite talent. We need more creativity with our defensive game planning, and I don’t see that changing under Pete.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Look at this roster and tell me there is anything exceptional about it.

With the exception of an aging Wagner and Clowney, you have zero difference makers on this defense.

Nobody tilts the field but those 2.

Now looking at this roster, you pretty much expect average from it right?

Our defense is slightly above average right now, overall. In line with the talent on the field.

Not a fan of Norton because he is mediocre at they come. But we not losing games because of him, we are losing games because we aren't a great team. We are a good team with fans that have outsized expectations.

Our only pathway to getting to the playoffs and winning a game in the playoffs is to become the old Green Bay Packers NW, like they used Rodgers. Do you think Carroll will do that? Neither do I.

Jase

Reaction score
Subzero717":wms2cp3i said:
I'm on the wagon that Norton isn't going to out scheme the OC's to get us to where we ultimately want to go with Russ as our QB. I think it is telling that he had been with Carroll 15 years give or take and been passed up time and time again eventually leaving to get his shot. Then becoming the DC under Carroll after pursuing other candidates but them choosing elsewhere.

In any case comparing his results to the former units we have fielded isn't necessarily giving him a fair shake either. There isn't anything remotely close to an All Pro in the secondary. His LBers are older and slower. The DLine isn't what it once was.

Just stop with the actual reason. It's supposed to be Reactionary right now. Didn't you get the memo?

:sarcasm_off:

Subzero717

Reaction score
Jase":111d7qxk said:
Subzero717":111d7qxk said:

Just stop with the actual reason. It's supposed to be Reactionary right now. Didn't you get the memo?

:sarcasm_off:

My bad. :D

Subzero717

Reaction score
THE TABS":2155g7i3 said:
TwistedHusky":2155g7i3 said:

With an average DC.

Honestly, I don’t think it’s a talent problem; it’s a schematic problem. The Tampa 2 is a dinosaur, and it no longer works, unless you have a dominant line that can rack up sacks without blitzing. I think we have decent talent up front, but not elite talent. We need more creativity with our defensive game planning, and I don’t see that changing under Pete.

Why are we running a Cover 2 instead of Cover 3 or Cover 1? Why are we staying in base more often than not and at a much higher pct than league average? Talent or the lack thereof is dictating the scheme.

stang233

Reaction score
WTF..... They gave up 16 points to a good offense. Defense today was good. Offensive gameplay was the problem.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Ken Norton was terrible with the Raiders and he has not been good here either.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1nyr47ie said:
Look at this roster and tell me there is anything exceptional about it.

With the exception of an aging Wagner and Clowney, you have zero difference makers on this defense.

Taking exception here. Shaquill Griffin isn't getting thrown at anymore, Marquise Blair had a terrific debut, and Tre Flowers did really well today after being picked on incessantly as the #2.

Jackson's yards came at the expense of the DL, where you're right, very few difference-makers outside of Clowney and Reed. (This was never going to be Reed's game to shine.) Green and Jackson aren't getting anything done. Q-Jeff and Woods are nice rotational pieces a la Clinton McDonald and Atyha Rubin (in terms of impact, not role). But we need another Clemons, Bennett, Avril to make QB's worry.

MarylandHawk

Reaction score
stang233":3pb50nfv said:
WTF..... They gave up 16 points to a good offense. Defense today was good. Offensive gameplay was the problem.

Nonsense. They gave up that few because Baltimore did not have a lot of possessions. The possessions they had took a long time though. They had like 2 10-minute drives.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
The defense was not good in this game. Both teams played ball control, grind it out, time consuming offense. We have faced poor QB play all year and a Ravens offense that couldn't catch the ball (the same could be said for Cincinatti). The defense is a major weakness on this team and I do believe Ken Norton is a PART of that problem.
Like I said he was terrible in Oakland as well. We have a talented D line that is doing very little to disrupt the opposing offense.