K.J. Wright Talks Ken Norton Jr. Firing

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":1qj3mriq said:
John63":1qj3mriq said:
LTH":1qj3mriq said:
John63":1qj3mriq said:
Yes, he only answers to the owner he has full control. and KJ and others have made it pretty clear. and PCs own words Let me remind people and it is posted in this forum someplace, right after the first game PC said he was not that happy with the offense. Shortly after in another interview he said he and Waldron talked and Waldron knows what we want. Think about all of this KJ had been with the Hawks forever don't you think he would know? Also, we heard it from Olsen as well.

That aside if he has complete control which he does then it all stops and starts with him. You want to say it's the other coaches fine but who hires them? PC, you want to say it's Wilson or other players? Fine but who got them and kept them? PC. When you put yourself in the position of this much power it all starts and stops with you, period.

I agree with Jammerhawk.

I think it's still unclear how much Pete goes beyond an initial frame work of what he wants to see. I think he wants to see development of his coaches and coordinators and him self for that matter. I think the most likely scenario is that most of the time they work together to create a game plan. I don't think KJ made it completely clear other than saying Pete has the final say over game planning.. IMO that's the way it should be.

all this pod cast did was give us a glimpse inside I don't think it gave a clear picture of what's going on. I also think KJ was hurt by the Seahawks not letting him retire a Seahawk and I also think KJ has a clear bias towards Norton.

LTH

let's say you are right he only went into the framework. So if that frame is run and throw long you figure out how, that is still a problem. What if his framework is, to play zone and let nothing get behind you. Well okay except that also is a problem. Depending on his framework or marching orders he could severely handcuff both the DC and OC and also make us very predictable which is the biggest issue. That said I am hopeful that what we saw in the last 2 games becomes the norm, not the exception.

But I didn't say that he ONLY went into the frame work. I'm sure he pulls rank when he see's something that is not going to work. I'm mean I don't know it for certain but from what I have read they are going to work together to crate a game plan everybody has the frame work and everybody has a job to do.. this much I know..

You bring up this scenario and I don't have anything to say about it because I really don't know exactly how Carroll when or why Carroll jumps in....but I understand what your trying to say, and I understand that you don't agree with YOUR perception of what Carroll is doing....I just think there is NOT enough info for ME to make a determination fo me to make an opinion.

The call in SB vs the Pats. I don't know who called the play. It might have been that Carroll said I want a pass play here, and Bevel called the play which was a stupid play to call because the Pats saw that on tape against the panthers or it might have been that DB called the play and Pete was taking the hit for him...or it could have been all Carroll

we just don't know the exact details top lay blame

LTH

Pete, he called the damn time out, they were lined up. Even Bill was shocked they called the time out since we had momentum and were picking up yards in chunks. Thats when they changed the play and got caught up in miscommunications also.

So twofold, game management and play call, both Pete, execution bad as well.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":3r77txuz said:
LTH":3r77txuz said:
John63":3r77txuz said:
LTH":3r77txuz said:
I agree with Jammerhawk.

I think it's still unclear how much Pete goes beyond an initial frame work of what he wants to see. I think he wants to see development of his coaches and coordinators and him self for that matter. I think the most likely scenario is that most of the time they work together to create a game plan. I don't think KJ made it completely clear other than saying Pete has the final say over game planning.. IMO that's the way it should be.

all this pod cast did was give us a glimpse inside I don't think it gave a clear picture of what's going on. I also think KJ was hurt by the Seahawks not letting him retire a Seahawk and I also think KJ has a clear bias towards Norton.

LTH

let's say you are right he only went into the framework. So if that frame is run and throw long you figure out how, that is still a problem. What if his framework is, to play zone and let nothing get behind you. Well okay except that also is a problem. Depending on his framework or marching orders he could severely handcuff both the DC and OC and also make us very predictable which is the biggest issue. That said I am hopeful that what we saw in the last 2 games becomes the norm, not the exception.

But I didn't say that he ONLY went into the frame work. I'm sure he pulls rank when he see's something that is not going to work. I'm mean I don't know it for certain but from what I have read they are going to work together to crate a game plan everybody has the frame work and everybody has a job to do.. this much I know..

You bring up this scenario and I don't have anything to say about it because I really don't know exactly how Carroll when or why Carroll jumps in....but I understand what your trying to say, and I understand that you don't agree with YOUR perception of what Carroll is doing....I just think there is NOT enough info for ME to make a determination fo me to make an opinion.

The call in SB vs the Pats. I don't know who called the play. It might have been that Carroll said I want a pass play here, and Bevel called the play which was a stupid play to call because the Pats saw that on tape against the panthers or it might have been that DB called the play and Pete was taking the hit for him...or it could have been all Carroll

LTH

Pete, he called the damn time out, they were lined up. Even Bill was shocked they called the time out since we had momentum and were picking up yards in chunks. Thats when they changed the play and got caught up in miscommunications also.

Can't be PC haven't you heard he is a god. He controls all but nothing is his fault.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Pete called the time out they discussed what they wanted to do I don't know what was discussed neither do you but ok... :34853_doh:

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
John63":22fx9pkr said:
chris98251":22fx9pkr said:
LTH":22fx9pkr said:
John63":22fx9pkr said:

LTH

Can't be PC haven't you heard he is a god. He controls all but nothing is his fault.

Carroll is a God? no way, not on dot net. No way Jose.
Russ is a Saint to all us Russ homers, he feed hungry children and walk on water for guys like you and me.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1ci4nx6w said:
And too, Pete constantly takes the blame, when things go haywire, and hell, he even took the blame for THE PICK THAT WILSON THREW to end our chance to winning our second Super Bowl. :roll: .

He should have. It was one of the worst play calls of all time.

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1m8l1fgs said:
scutterhawk":1m8l1fgs said:
And too, Pete constantly takes the blame, when things go haywire, and hell, he even took the blame for THE PICK THAT WILSON THREW to end our chance to winning our second Super Bowl. :roll: .

Here is the thing though great he takes the blame sometimes. However he keeps repeating the same mistakes and there are no consequences for him instead his assistants get fired. We are avg 1 OC or DC every 1.5 years the worst in the NFL. Meanwhile the guy who is involved in everything and everything runs his way is still here.

toffee

Reaction score
John63":1cby1p5c said:
pittpnthrs":1cby1p5c said:
scutterhawk":1cby1p5c said:

Here is the thing though great he takes the blame sometimes. However he keeps repeating the same mistakes and there are no consequences for him instead his assistants get fired. We are avg 1 OC or DC every 1.5 years the worst in the NFL. Meanwhile the guy who is involved in everything and everything runs his way is still here.

See, the great one John63 has spoken, you-all must learn from John63, let chant: fire pete fire pete cause pete could do no right, always wrong, never right, the wrongest man in the whole wide world.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":xe9ym0p5 said:
scutterhawk":xe9ym0p5 said:

I agree it ... but it wasn't one of the worst play calls of all time, it was without a doubt THE WORST play call of all time IMO...

LTH

scutterhawk

Reaction score
LTH":2tjglart said:
pittpnthrs":2tjglart said:
scutterhawk":2tjglart said:

I agree it ... but it wasn't one of the worst play calls of all time, it was without a doubt THE WORST play call of all time IMO...

LTH
And POORLY EXECUTED enough so, that a >>>ROOKIE<<<MADE A BETTER PLAY ON THE BALL than the intended target.
Had Russ MAYBE thrown the ball a little lower, MAYBE Lockette would have had a better chance of catching it.
AND TOO, Pete took the blame & THE HEAT for that call, MAYBE, just MAYBE he was taking the blame for another Bevell screw-up.
But I get it, There's Russ Haters, & Pete Haters galore in here, and because of that, the finger pointing (deflecting) will ALWAYS go towards the >OTHER THAN< MY guy.

themunn

Reaction score
chris98251":2qpxe48i said:

You're talking rubbish, revisionist history, we called a timeout after the Kearse bobble catch and before Lynch's run on 1st and goal. We then let the clock run down to the very end of the playclock (snapping the ball with about 25 seconds left) - to avoid giving Brady a minute to drive up the field and tie the game if we scored on the following play, but we DID not call a timeout before the pass.

And if you REALLY want to know who called the play, all you have to do is re-watch the broadcast (annoyingly the videos on youtube cut out but easier to see on NFL gamepass) - https://youtu.be/i96fPP37RyA?t=650
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKvXgZWfn14&t=810s
With 53 seconds to go - the players are walking back to the huddle, the camera pans to Pete Carroll - chewing gum and watching on, it cuts from him at 44 seconds and the players break from the huddle at 38 seconds - so either Carroll has some crazy telepathic way of communicating to Wilson or, what is an absolute CERTAINTY, Bevell was calling the plays all along.
Now maybe Carroll stepped in at that time out and said - here's what we do, we run the ball on 1st down, if we don't get in we throw a pass since an incompletion stops the clock - unless NE call a timeout. All of that is possible, but the play itself, there's absolutely 0% chance was called by Carroll, because there's no way they could have known on 1st down that the run would be stopped at the 1 yard line (which is what the pass play was designed for).

Carroll did what any good head coach should do and shouldered the blame rather than ring his coordinator out to dry, but it was all Bevell.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
chris98251":2ay122f8 said:

WTF?
You can't just change history to suit your narrative.
There was no timeout before the pass. It was taken after Kearse's circus catch & before Lynch's run to the 1.
Bevell admitted he called the play so I guess we'll just ignore that too.

keasley45

Reaction score
Bill was asked about our choice to throw and he said he agreed with it. That strategically, it made sense.

1. It was a poorly executed play.
2. There were other pass plays to call if passing is what they wanted to do.

But fact remains, had it been executed better, we win. That rub play is almost impossible to beat for a short gain when executed properly. So effective in fact that there was a rule change introduced to stop it.

But Bevell 100% called the play.

CelticWolf12

Reaction score
This interview just confirms that the “Grey haired man” has his stink on all parts of this Seattle offense and defense, which is really bad news for Seahawk fans. The problem is that most (99.9%) 70 year old coaches like PC don’t change or evolve. They are set in their ways and will revert back to what they know best, especially in times of adversity…Peteball 101! Pete found success 10 years ago implementing HIS defense and HIS offense. It was new, innovative and worked because of what the NFL landscape looked like AND because of the tremendous young talent Seattle had on both sides of the ball. However, everyone knows that the NFL is a copycat league. Offensive schemes need to constantly evolve and change or they will become ineffective. Teams figure out and dissect your defense, so changes, modifications and new concepts need to constantly be introduced and implemented. Furthermore, the NFL has made it much more difficult to play defense and has unevenly marketed, emphasizes and protected the offensive side of the ball.

With all that said, Pete’s systems haven’t changed or evolved much. Honestly, I thought that hiring Schotty would change the look of this offense. Minus the let Russ cook couple games, which were quickly squashed by PC, nothing changed. I thought that hiring Waldron would drastically change the look of this offense. However, for the most part (minus last 2 games) it didn’t. We all know the reason why – It’s Peteball or bust! It gets no better on defense. The same old defensive looks with a couple of horrible tweaks this year like dropping unqualified linemen into ghost coverages. Furthermore, PC and company have no idea how to use their big defensive addition in Jamal Adams. What a horrible, devastating trade that was!

Pete needs to stay far away from making personnel decisions. I can’t prove it, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Pete has overridden JS on some of Seattle’s more horrific free agent signings and/or draft picks. Signings and picks that don’t even align with Pete’s philosophy. If you’re heavily invested in the run game and you want to strengthen your offensive line, why trade your starting center for a TE that can’t block AND you have no idea how to use? Why trade away draft capital for a head case known as Percy Harvin? Why trade multiple #1 picks and other draft capital for a safety you have no idea how to use? Why draft a WR (Eskridge) in round #2 of last year’s NFL draft when a highly touted Center (Humphries) is still on the board? Somehow Kansas City was able to rebuild their O-line last year to protect their star QB, why can’t Seattle? Orlando Brown was available to trade for last year. KC also signed Thuney as a FA last year, why didn’t Seattle? Instead, Seattle drastically overpaid for a “good” safety that is a liability in pass coverage and signed a CB who didn’t fit the system (Witherspoon).

I have said it before and I will say it again. I am not a Pete Carroll hater. I commend him and his staff for all their success in Seattle, especially early. He deserves many accolades and the credit for bringing a super bowl champion to Seattle. However, this game has passed him by. It’s a complex offensive league now with new innovative concepts introduced week after week, specific to the opponent. The same could be said on defense. Last year against the Giants for example, New York showed 12 different coverages in Seattle’s first 20 snaps of the game to include cover 0, 1, 2, C2 drop 8, C2 man, cover 3, C3 drop 8, ZD blitzes of C3, Cover 4 drop 8, cover 6, etc. Not Seattle! Seattle needs to change up their coverages way more often and hide what they are doing especially against quality quarterback in this league!

Do I want Pete to change, like Andy Reid did? Yes. Do I want him to be an inspirational cheerleader and stay hands off the offense and defense? Yes. Do I want the Seahawks to draft competently and kill it in free agency? Yes. Do I think Pete is capable of changing how he does things and his football philosophy? No!

Go Hawks!!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":2s2uatjg said:

"Here's the thing though" Pete PUBLICALLY taking the blame (example) for Darryl Bevell on 'THE CALL', and then he AGAIN takes the "Blame" for even MORE bad play-calls YEAR AFTER YEAR, and Bevell should what...Keep His Job??
Does anyone but myself remember when "Bevell is the Devil" was the catch phrase of the day??
"Fire Cable" "Fire KNJ" ETC.
You think that year after year, there ain't a hell of a lot of HC turnovers all around the country?, Think that all the HC hirings & firings by Jerry Jones hasn't played a HUGE part in the failures down there in COWBOYS land? I mean only TWO PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN 25 YEARS???
YOU and several others here on .NET don't think that Pete should what?, Keep or Fire assistant Coaches when they aren't maybe carrying their fair share of the responsibilities?
People want to p*$$ & moan about going One & Done in the playoffs, and yet we have only missed 2 so far in the last 10 years, "here's the thing though" that's NOT A BAD RECORD, and THE STATS VERIFY THAT.
In spite of all the SUPPOSED perceptive screw-ups by Pete & John in the Draft, FA & other Player acquisitions AND an injury to Russell Wilson WE ONLY MISS TWO PLAYOFF GAMES IN ALL THOSE YEARS?
I'm getting tired of the smart-ass Pete Carroll & Russell Wilson Haters.... :pukeface: