Favre's #4 to be retired - finally.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":h35jvv6g said:
He had me at "I also am not sold on Russell Wilson." Now there's a man who's watched a lot of Seahawks games, knows what he's talking about. I mean, geez, have you seen the guy? He's like 4'6" in platform spikes.

I heard he made a trip to Mordor this offseason. Something about a ring.

:D

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
Marvin49":1sf2qvwc said:
Seahawk Sailor":1sf2qvwc said:
He had me at "I also am not sold on Russell Wilson." Now there's a man who's watched a lot of Seahawks games, knows what he's talking about. I mean, geez, have you seen the guy? He's like 4'6" in platform spikes.

I don't want to make enemies or anything, so this will be my last post on whether or not Wilson is for real. I would only like to point out that when he won the Super Bowl his postseason stats were 524 passing yards, 3 touchdowns, and 63.2 completion percentage. I don't consider those great numbers. I think this year Wilson will be a good quarterback, but I don't think he will be great. I would go so far to say he's not a top ten quarterback(again just my respectful opinion,.). I think at least Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees, Ryan, Luck, Foles, Rivers, Romo, and Cutler are better. Newton, Dalton, Stafford, Roethlisberger could be better than him. I think he's good, but not great. I have nothing against Wilson. I think he's a great guy, and a good leader. I just don't think he belongs with the top NFL quarterbacks.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
PackerBacker19":2ptv2ts4 said:
I think at least Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees, Ryan, Luck, Foles, Rivers, Romo, and Cutler are better. Newton, Dalton, Stafford, Roethlisberger could be better than him. I think he's good, but not great. I have nothing against Wilson. I think he's a great guy, and a good leader. I just don't think he belongs with the top NFL quarterbacks.

Welp, there we have it, folks.

Marvin49

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":3gjoa2ee said:
Marvin49":3gjoa2ee said:
Seahawk Sailor":3gjoa2ee said:

I don't want to make enemies or anything, so this will be my last post on whether or not Wilson is for real. I would only like to point out that when he won the Super Bowl his postseason stats were 524 passing yards, 3 touchdowns, and 63.2 completion percentage. I don't consider those great numbers. I think this year Wilson will be a good quarterback, but I don't think he will be great. I would go so far to say he's not a top ten quarterback(again just my respectful opinion,.). I think at least Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees, Ryan, Luck, Foles, Rivers, Romo, and Cutler are better. Newton, Dalton, Stafford, Roethlisberger could be better than him. I think he's good, but not great. I have nothing against Wilson. I think he's a great guy, and a good leader. I just don't think he belongs with the top NFL quarterbacks.

I think you are still missing the point.

Define "better".

More yards? More TDs? Higher rating?

How about this one... More wins.

How much did one of the best passing seasons in NFL history help Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl? How good a QB do you think Troy Aikman was? His numbers might surprise you.

Too often people associate big passing numbers with skill. The problem is that different QBs are asked to do different things. Wilson isn't asked to drop back and throw 50 times a game with 4 or 5 WRs on the field. Is it because he's not a really good QB? No, it's because they are a complete team.

You want to look at a stat? How about yards per attempt. Kap led the NFL in 2012 in that stat at 8.3 yards every time he threw the ball. I haven't looked at Wilson but I'm willing to bet it was pretty damn good last year.

EDIT: I looked it up.

Wilson was at 8.2 last year. Rodgers BTW was at 8.7, but I already said I think he's the best in the NFL. Foles was ludicrous BTW at 9.1, but IMO that had a lot to do with Chip Kelly's "snap the ball every 25 seconds" offense.