Favre's #4 to be retired - finally.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":2racipnx said:
Wow.

Seriously?

Beating a playoff team 4 straight times in 2 years is NOT impressive? WOW.

OK.

Moving on.

Don't take this personally, Marv. GB was the best of the worst so to speak. That division was a joke last year. Didn't they let Kraeperdink throw for 300+ when all you had was Boldin to throw to in week 1? As was pointed out before, you should feel lucky that their corners can't move their feet or catch a football.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
No, but the Packers could have used some Police ON the field against the 49ers the past two years.

Packers have opened and ended both of the last two seasons with losses to SF. They did if with Kap rushing for 181 yards. They did it with Kap passing for 400 plus yards. They did it in GB in September, SF in January, SF in September and FRIGID GB in January.

Essentially they've beaten them in just about every scenario. Ya gotta give me this one. LOL. 4 straight games in 2 seasons.

Someone drank their :179422: this morning.

Wow.

Seriously?

OK.

Moving on.

So you are a niners fan? It pains me greatly to even address the topic which is Packers losing to the niners. That's probably how you feel about ummmm.........................losing in Seattle(on a side note that superbowl loss was probably painful as well). I will say the Packers defense has been injured very badly the last two times the niners beat them.That has played a part. Ultimately, the niners have been better. They have taken avantage of their opportunities, an the Packers have not.Things should even out in the next few years with Kap being paid like he's a man he's a man he's a man. There wont be as much money for the D you guys have, which has been great. I am also hoping for a Harbaugh breakup with the management in San Fran :thirishdrinkers: . Could be great in a few years :179417: . Who's got it better than the niners........that is debatable.

Marvin49

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":1q86pso8 said:
No, but the Packers could have used some Police ON the field against the 49ers the past two years.

Packers have opened and ended both of the last two seasons with losses to SF. They did if with Kap rushing for 181 yards. They did it with Kap passing for 400 plus yards. They did it in GB in September, SF in January, SF in September and FRIGID GB in January.

Essentially they've beaten them in just about every scenario. Ya gotta give me this one. LOL. 4 straight games in 2 seasons.

Wow.

Seriously?

OK.

Moving on.

So you are a niners fan? It pains me greatly to even address the topic which is Packers losing to the niners. That's probably how you feel about ummmm.........................losing in Seattle(on a side note that superbowl loss was probably painful as well). I will say the Packers defense has been injured very badly the last two times the niners beat them.That has played a part. Ultimately, the niners have been better. They have taken avantage of their opportunities, an the Packers have not.Things should even out in the next few years with Kap being paid like he's a man he's a man he's a man. There wont be as much money for the D you guys have, which has been great. I am also hoping for a Harbaugh breakup with the management in San Fran :thirishdrinkers: . Could be great in a few years :179417: . Who's got it better than the niners........that is debatable.

LOL.

Ya...Niner fan. Wasn't slammin' ya BTW, but makin' a funny. :D

To be honest, playing GB again in the playoffs would worry me. Sometime one team just has another teams number. That's what's happening right now with the Niners and Packers...but inevitably, the streak ends. I'm sure the Packers want to beat the Niners now something awful.

GB has had a number of injury issues....but its 4 times in a row now in either stadium in any season and in a number of different ways.

I think the problem the Packers have with SF is the exact same problem they are going to have with Seattle. SF and Seattle are far more complete teams while the Packers are an offensive powerhouse with an OK to not so OK Defense. When the Ninere play them, they play nickel all day and dare the Packers to run on them. They play a 6 man front and the Packers are still only barely able to move the Ball against them. That means Rodgers is seeing all sorts of men in coverage all day.

That got a bit better for you with Eddie Lacy, but I think you still need a much more physical Defense and O-Line.

Seattles front 7 is good too, but their secondary is going to make matters even worse.

Bottom line, you need to be able to dominate on the ground or you won't have a chance against Seattle.

If you want an example of what I mean about unbalanced offenses facing Seattle, watch the Super Bowl.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
Marvin49":uj6am66i said:
PackerBacker19":uj6am66i said:

Wow.

Seriously?

OK.

Moving on.

LOL.

To be honest, playing GB again in the playoffs would worry me. Sometime one team just has another teams number. That's what's happening right now with the Niners and Packers...but inevitably, the streak ends. I'm sure the Packers want to beat the Niners now something awful.

GB has had a number of injury issues....but its 4 times in a row now in either stadium in any season and in a number of different ways.

I think the problem the Packers have with SF is the exact same problem they are going to have with Seattle. SF and Seattle are far more complete teams while the Packers are an offensive powerhouse with an OK to not so OK Defense. When the Ninere play them, they play nickel all day and dare the Packers to run on them. They play a 6 man front and the Packers are still only barely able to move the Ball against them. That means Rodgers is seeing all sorts of men in coverage all day.

That got a bit better for you with Eddie Lacy, but I think you still need a much more physical Defense and O-Line.

Seattles front 7 is good too, but their secondary is going to make matters even worse.

Bottom line, you need to be able to dominate on the ground or you won't have a chance against Seattle.

If you want an example of what I mean about unbalanced offenses facing Seattle, watch the Super Bowl.

Oh, ok. I thought you were giving me a hard time :oops: . That happens to me a lot when I get on chat websites for football, and I've been on some 49ers websites a lot the last couple years(around a few games I would rather not recall....581 game). Honestly, I'm just glad the 49ers aren't on our schedule this year. I'm not wild about the Packers decision to get smaller on the D line. The Packers run game should be better this year as Chad Clifton will be back(unless he tears his acl for a third year in a row). Center is a big issue. Our center looks bad, and Rodgers was upset we let a good guy go.

Marvin49

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":278oifyp said:
Marvin49":278oifyp said:
PackerBacker19":278oifyp said:

Wow.

Seriously?

OK.

Moving on.

LOL.

Oh, ok. I thought you were giving me a hard time :oops: . That happens to me a lot when I get on chat websites for football, and I've been on some 49ers websites a lot the last couple years(around a few games I would rather not recall....581 game). Honestly, I'm just glad the 49ers aren't on our schedule this year. I'm not wild about the Packers decision to get smaller on the D line. The Packers run game should be better this year as Chad Clifton will be back(unless he tears his acl for a third year in a row). Center is a big issue. Our center looks bad, and Rodgers was upset we let a good guy go.

Then only way you are going to beat teams like SF and Seattle is to dominate on the ground and be physical on defense. SF and Seattle can dominate on the ground. Be it with mobile QBs, SFs great O-Line, or Seattle's monster Marshawn Lynch (that dude breaks the Niners back every time). If you can't stand up to that run and be able to run yourself...you're in trouble.

As much as I'd like to see them win...and anything can happen (any given sunday), but that's gonna be a tall order in Seattle in week 1.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":efr5pod3 said:
As much as I'd like to see them win...and anything can happen (any given sunday), but that's gonna be a tall order in Seattle in week 1.

Definitely not impossible; but relatively improbable.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ozcmitet said:
Marvin49":ozcmitet said:

I've got to be honest, and you may(will) think I'm crazy. I think the Packers have a 50-50 shot in Seattle. I also think we have a better chance of beating them then the 49ers. Let the hate begin :D

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Eh, I always kind of liked Favre. I think his dick-pic fiasco was horribly tasteless and nasty, but he didn't kill or injure anyone over it, and if integrity was a valued skill set in the NFL, there would be about three players left. I also think his going to the Vikings was pretty classless, but as they say, business is business. Don't hold Cheeseheads at fault for despising him a bit for that move myself. Not one bit.

Marvin49

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":1anefw5i said:
RolandDeschain":1anefw5i said:
Marvin49":1anefw5i said:

I've got to be honest, and you may(will) think I'm crazy. I think the Packers have a 50-50 shot in Seattle. I also think we have a better chance of beating them then the 49ers. Let the hate begin :D

!?!

uh......

...ok, your a loyal fan. Can't fault that. :)

Just a quick fact. The Packers are a QB 1st type team....IE, their entire team really centers on the QB,

Since 2011 when the 49ers face those "Prolific" passers they are 13-3...and two of those losses are to Eli Although its debatable if he's "prolific".

Since 2012 the Seahawks are 7-2.

...and BTW....they are a collective 5-0 vs Rodgers.

So, just out of curiousity...are you just saying that because you want to believe that (and their is no prob with that...we're all fans here) or to you have some reason to think that? :D

...and for the record Seattle fans, I didn't include SF-Seattle games because I didn't even want to start that conversation. :)

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
Marvin49":222j432u said:
PackerBacker19":222j432u said:
RolandDeschain":222j432u said:
Marvin49":222j432u said:

!?!

uh......

Just a quick fact. The Packers are a QB 1st type team....IE, their entire team really centers on the QB,

Since 2011 when the 49ers face those "Prolific" passers they are 13-3...and two of those losses are to Eli Although its debatable if he's "prolific".

So, just out of curiousity...are you just saying that because you want to believe that (and their is no prob with that...we're all fans here) or to you have some reason to think that? :D

...and for the record Seattle fans, I didn't include SF-Seattle games because I didn't even want to start that conversation. :)

I think the Packers have a better chance beating the Seahawks for a few reasons. The Packers are now an offense that is different than say Denver. The Packers have a power run game now. Many people don’t realize this, but the Packers this year have arguably the best running back combinations in the NFL. Lacy, Starks, and Harris are all very good. You can’t beat the Seahawks with finesse. Denver proved that. I think the Packers can run on them, and this will open up the deep pass. You won’t see the Seahawks playing up like they did against the Broncos. Also, the new NFL rule on holding hurts the Seahawks greatly, as they do hold more than other teams http://www.denverpost.com/renck/ci_2626 ... s-hit-from. The Seahawks D, I think, will be hurt by this. The Packers offense this year could be the best Rodgers has had because our run is very good now. The O line looks very good, and the Packers wide receivers are good. In fact, the Packers guard combination is one of the best in the NFL.

I also am not sold on Russell Wilson. The Seahawks run game is what supplies their offense. They lost Golden Tate, and their receivers aren’t great anyway. The Packers match up well with their pass. Tramon Williams,Sam Shiels, and Casey Hayward should be able to contain the Seahawks receivers. As for the running game I think the Packers proved they Can stop it somewhat. With Rodgers playing the Packers last year were one of the top run defenses in the league. When he left, they moved close to last. Call it the Rodgers effect. Look what happened when he came back. The 49ers running backs didn’t run well against the injury ridden Packers in the playoffs. So, I believe the Packers D will play better with Rodgers. The Packers have also made several improvements on their D line. Lynch could be a little rusty.

Another reason is because I am a Packers fan, and I can't bring myself to think "THE PACK" can lose to the Seahawks. Green Bay is looking for vindication. They are a collective 4-1 against Rodgers don’t get me on the warpath about the “Fail Mary”, and yes Seahawks fans it was a fail :th2thumbs: .
Packers 27
Seattle 23 :229031_cheers: :229031_thewave: :229031_victory:

Marvin49

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":irgvbdu7 said:
Marvin49":irgvbdu7 said:
PackerBacker19":irgvbdu7 said:
RolandDeschain":irgvbdu7 said:

!?!

uh......

I think the Packers have a better chance beating the Seahawks for a few reasons. The Packers are now an offense that is different than say Denver. The Packers have a power run game now. Many people don’t realize this, but the Packers this year have arguably the best running back combinations in the NFL. Lacy, Starks, and Harris are all very good. You can’t beat the Seahawks with finesse. Denver proved that. I think the Packers can run on them, and this will open up the deep pass. You won’t see the Seahawks playing up like they did against the Broncos. Also, the new NFL rule on holding hurts the Seahawks greatly, as they do hold more than other teams http://www.denverpost.com/renck/ci_2626 ... s-hit-from. The Seahawks D, I think, will be hurt by this. The Packers offense this year could be the best Rodgers has had because our run is very good now. The O line looks very good, and the Packers wide receivers are good. In fact, the Packers guard combination is one of the best in the NFL.

I also am not sold on Russell Wilson. The Seahawks run game is what supplies their offense. They lost Golden Tate, and their receivers aren’t great anyway. The Packers match up well with their pass. Tramon Williams,Sam Shiels, and Casey Hayward should be able to contain the Seahawks receivers. As for the running game I think the Packers proved they Can stop it somewhat. With Rodgers playing the Packers last year were one of the top run defenses in the league. When he left, they moved close to last. Call it the Rodgers effect. Look what happened when he came back. The 49ers running backs didn’t run well against the injury ridden Packers in the playoffs. So, I believe the Packers D will play better with Rodgers. The Packers have also made several improvements on their D line. Lynch could be a little rusty.

Another reason is because I am a Packers fan, and I can't bring myself to think "THE PACK" can lose to the Seahawks. Green Bay is looking for vindication. They are a collective 4-1 against Rodgers don’t get me on the warpath about the “Fail Mary”, and yes Seahawks fans it was a fail :th2thumbs: .
Packers 27
Seattle 23 :229031_cheers: :229031_thewave: :229031_victory:

Oh sh*t....it might get ugly in here. :D

I see your logic, but I don't think the Packers are as good a run team as you think.

Yes, Lacy had a good year, but the Packers are much more of a "we can run because teams are so afraid of our passing game" type team. The 49ers of the 80's and early 90's were the same way.

Teams like the 49ers and Seahawks face 8 and 9 man fronts and are still able to move the ball on the ground.

Its a different kind of running.

The 49ers mostly played a 6 man front because they are so good up there that they were still able to contain the run and put extra defenders in coverage.

The Seahawks can do the opposite....defend the pass with that secondary and devote more men to stop the run.

I hope you're right and the Packers can beat the Seahawks. It would go a long way to helping my Niner fortunes...but I think its a taller order than you think.

Laloosh

Reaction score
^^ Not many outside of SEA are sold on Russell and we know it (some of us actually prefer it). That said, I don't think his comment will get much of a response but who knows... *shrug*

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2arj4t89 said:
Buahahaha, it's blatantly obvious that PackerBacker19 is clueless.

So, what if there was a respected NFL reporter that had been covering teams since the Steelers in the 70's, and he felt the same way.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":3n9nf0um said:
So, what if there was a respected NFL reporter that had been covering teams since the Steelers in the 70's, and he felt the same way.

Unfortunately after my parents separated I had to spend the second half of my childhood living in rural Wisconsin, and I noticed a trend of naivete regarding the people there.

NO REASON I MENTION THIS TO YOU WHATSOEVER.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":39t5nw2d said:
PackerBacker19":39t5nw2d said:

Unfortunately after my parents separated I had to spend the second half of my childhood living in rural Wisconsin, and I noticed a trend of naivete regarding the people there.

NO REASON I MENTION THIS TO YOU WHATSOEVER.

The guy I was thinking about actually was born in Pittsburgh, and worked with the Steelers. Then he went to Jacksonville. He's only been covering the Packers since about 2008, I believe. His name is Vic Ketchman, and he's not biased. He calls out guys on the team when they are doing bad. He's not afraid to say his true opinion. You have a personal grudge against Wisconsin? I don't live there, and never have. It's only football, and to be clear in no way have I tried to imply the Seahawks are bad at all or anything like that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
*sigh*

I was talking about you being naive enough to believe that the writer truly believes all that crap he spewed.

Marvin49

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":2t1idmi2 said:
RolandDeschain":2t1idmi2 said:
*sigh*

I was talking about you being naive enough to believe that the writer truly believes all that crap he spewed.

Ya, well I understand your point of view, and I could easily be wrong. I just believe Vic knows what he's talking about. Here's another interesting article on the matchup http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/arti ... e-seahawks

Ya...sorry. I want to be on your side here, I really do....but that's a bunch of bunk.

The Seahawks May be the best team in the NFL right now. I only say May because I think the Niners are improved and I'll get sh*t for that statement.

The Packers aren't even in the conversation right now. I think Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the league and I like Eddie Lacy, but I still don't think you understand the difference between power run teams who can pass and passing teams who can run. When I see quotes about averages per carry it just shows me that peeps don't get it.

Those averages are against 8 and 9 man fronts and play action is insane against that.

Lacy is good, but he is seeing far, far different defenses than the Seahawks or Niners did. Hell the 49ers were able to largely slow Lacy down with a 6 man front and couldn't do the same to Lynch vs 7 or 8.

GB is really, really good on offense. Don't get me wrong. I'm saying it's a bad matchup.

Latest posts