Switching to 3-4 Was a Mistake

Ozzy

Reaction score
The ironic part is anytime you criticize Pete you're met with but he's drafted much better the past few years! Really? Brooks, Lewis, Taylor are 3 of the main ones mentioned as proof of that. Brooks looks nothing like a first rounder and is regressing. Taylor seems lost this year and Lewis has been below league average since moving from right guard. How about the other high leverage picks. Eskridge? Blair? The Adams trade? I'm baffled that Pete isn't coaching for his job like Rob mentioned in his recent video. The pass he gets while we bomb Wilson is hilarious. Pete is a defensive genius yet we haven't had a good defense in years, our roster building is one of the worst situations in the league and you can't put all or even most of that on Wilsons contract.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We are probably past the point of no return though.

What competent HC wants to go somewhere with a demanding fan base, no QB, thin roster, and ? of an owner?

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
The ironic part is anytime you criticize Pete you're met with but he's drafted much better the past few years! Really? Brooks, Lewis, Taylor are 3 of the main ones mentioned as proof of that. Brooks looks nothing like a first rounder and is regressing. Taylor seems lost this year and Lewis has been below league average since moving from right guard. How about the other high leverage picks. Eskridge? Blair? The Adams trade? I'm baffled that Pete isn't coaching for his job like Rob mentioned in his recent video. The pass he gets while we bomb Wilson is hilarious. Pete is a defensive genius yet we haven't had a good defense in years, our roster building is one of the worst situations in the league and you can't put all or even most of that on Wilsons contract.
The other odd element that ties in with this and fools people is...

The consistent pattern of...

They draft a guy, he flashes, shows some good stuff early, then they get to year 3 right when they should pop, only for them to fall off a cliff and regress horribly.

Brooks and Taylor are the latest to fall victim to this trend.

They've also had guys be bad, only to go to other teams, but be utilized correctly and become better players.

It all points to bad coaching.

But yeah, imagine spending the assets they've spent on this defense and being this bad, only to give Pete another pass.

Pete handpicked these players for HIS defense. Pick your poison, it's Pete's fault either way.

Imagine not blaming Holmgren if Hass had not worked out. That's essentially what the Pete apologists are trying to do here.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It really is weird how all our best drafts are recent, when you don't actually have time to see if the players will work out.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It really is weird how all our best drafts are recent, when you don't actually have time to see if the players will work out.
And even the recent drafts like Fade said don't seem to be as good as we thought. I recently have given them credit for recent drafts but I think I was wrong, I'm not sure they were much better than the previous years.

Latest posts