FAO 49ers fans

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
No amount of Fan generated trash talking will change the outcome of the Seahawk's destiny. I am going to enjoy every minute of this season no matter how it ends.

Opposing fans, specifically Niner fans are just starving for a Seahawks loss. Anyone in jeopardy of having to travel to Seattle is just begging for Hawks to give them a sign of life. No level of "class" will change the outcome of a game, nor will it be taken into account by opposing teams fans.

As far as Kaeperstank goes, I have said it before, I think he is going to be fine, but right now he looks every bit the QB that a lot of Seahawk's fans predicted he would be even if they just said that because they wanted him to fail.

His insistence on use of social media to address his play is a very poor decision. He is not "ignoring the noise" which I was tired of hearing from RW, but now totally understand it along with understanding WHY he constantly says it. Steady as a boulder, through adversity or success, you NEVER read or hear Wilson giving any attention to that kind of stuff. He shares his personality, without sacrificing composure.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1mnxbabi said:
However, nothing to the extent of the delusion I see on those 49er forums. It's like a thousand people got hit with a stupid stick.

That has been true for a very, very long time. Their recent playoff appearances have made it much worse, but going back to the 04 season, I remember clearly being astonished at the "Bizzarro" world that was a Niner message board. I thought at first it was just sarcasm but it only took a few games to realize that there are fans that believe they are entitled because of the 80's.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2eetteqm said:
I remember clearly being astonished at the "Bizzarro" world that was a Niner message board.

TBF, every fan message board is its own special brand of bizarro world, and we don't need to go farther than the post following yours to see it:

The_Z_Man":2eetteqm said:
[Russel Wilson] is like Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, and Steve Largent rolled into one package of awesomeness. Even though it sounds ludicrous at this point, and I hate to say anything so insane or hasty, it just "feels" like this is "the guy" we will be talking about 40 years from now

If a 9ers fan had written the same sentence about Kap before the Super Bowl last year (and I'm sure a similar one was written), 9ers forums and their fans' sense of entitlement would have of course been ridiculed. Here, insane stuff like this is just simply "true" though.
I really love Wilson's play at QB, but c'mon.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Popeyejones":36lxd16j said:
loafoftatupu":36lxd16j said:
I remember clearly being astonished at the "Bizzarro" world that was a Niner message board.

TBF, every fan message board is its own special brand of bizarro world, and we don't need to go farther than the post following yours to see it:

The_Z_Man":36lxd16j said:
[Russel Wilson] is like Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, and Steve Largent rolled into one package of awesomeness. Even though it sounds ludicrous at this point, and I hate to say anything so insane or hasty, it just "feels" like this is "the guy" we will be talking about 40 years from now

If a 9ers fan had written the same sentence about Kap before the Super Bowl last year (and I'm sure a similar one was written), 9ers forums and their fans' sense of entitlement would have of course been ridiculed. Here, insane stuff like this is just simply "true" though.
I really love Wilson's play at QB, but c'mon.

Can't agree with you there Popeye, Z man at least acknowledges it's ludicrous. That little word right there is huge because it puts his comment in text as his own view and not fact as well as suggests the future obviously is not yet written but it is easy to picture Wilson being that guy down the road.

Loafa nailed it for me. When we came the the NFC west it was nearly immediate which fan base was the obnoxious one. I never perused Niner boards back then but they were coming over to our boards in high volume every off season and would proceed to tell us why they were so great and why they were going to destroy us and win the division on and on. It usually dies down by week three as reality set in.

The way I see it is Niners fans need to be proven wrong to come back to reality where as the other divisions fans (most not all) have usually been a little less cocky until they have reason to be. It is where the reference entitled comes from. The comment on your board recently (I know from a troll but apt) when discussing if the Niners will make the playoffs and he says doesn't having 5 rings automatically get us in the playoffs? Is hilarious mostly because that is the impression they put out.

The mods on this board have commented on the percentage of Niner trolls being banned vs everyone else and that is a direct reflection of the volume of troll fans you have and it wasn't just in reference to this or last year, it was a general comment. It is also why posters like Box are held in such high regard. He is benefiting from being so rare that he absolutely stands out.

Z mans comment about 1000's of fans getting hit by the stupid truck is also apt because of the sheer volume of Niner trolls.

You've done much better in your posting style lately but if I could make one recommendation I would reference rlkats in how he chooses his battles. Rushing to the defense of every negative comment just looks desperate. No matter how eloquent you post or even level headed the sheer volume of rescue attempts stinks of trying to educate the Seahawks nation to think more rational like yourself. It smacks of superiority and lumps you into the entitled crowd sometimes.

You are getting better though. I will give you credit for that but if the Niners get their shit together and start playing to their potential are you going to be able to hold it together or are you going to regress?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RichNhansom":eth49c3z said:
Loafa nailed it for me. When we came the the NFC west it was nearly immediate which fan base was the obnoxious one. I never perused Niner boards back then but they were coming over to our boards in high volume every off season and would proceed to tell us why they were so great and why they were going to destroy us and win the division on and on. It usually dies down by week three as reality set in.

The way I see it is Niners fans need to be proven wrong to come back to reality where as the other divisions fans (most not all) have usually been a little less cocky until they have reason to be. It is where the reference entitled comes from. The comment on your board recently (I know from a troll but apt) when discussing if the Niners will make the playoffs and he says doesn't having 5 rings automatically get us in the playoffs? Is hilarious mostly because that is the impression they put out.

Yeah, okay. Like every fan forum everywhere, suspiciously, the fans of your division rival are far and away the absolute worst. 9ers boards say the same thing about Hawks fans, Packers boards say the same thing about Bears fans, etc., etc., etc.

No point really arguing about it though IMO, as this is a Hawks board, so the clearly obvious objective belief that "thousands of 9ers fans all fell off the stupid truck" goes w/ the territory of posting here.

The mods on this board have commented on the percentage of Niner trolls being banned vs everyone else and that is a direct reflection of the volume of troll fans you have and it wasn't just in reference to this or last year, it was a general comment. It is also why posters like Box are held in such high regard. He is benefiting from being so rare that he absolutely stands out.

Z mans comment about 1000's of fans getting hit by the stupid truck is also apt because of the sheer volume of Niner trolls.

The last time the mods commented on it they pointed out that only one or two 9ers fans have even registered here in the past month. There have been more threads asking 9ers fans to post than there have been 9ers fans registering. :lol:

And likewise, there are posters here who brag about getting banned on the Zone for trolling over and over again. C'mon man.

Let's just agree to disagree.

You've done much better in your posting style lately but if I could make one recommendation I would reference rlkats in how he chooses his battles. Rushing to the defense of every negative comment just looks desperate. No matter how eloquent you post or even level headed the sheer volume of rescue attempts stinks of trying to educate the Seahawks nation to think more rational like yourself. It smacks of superiority and lumps you into the entitled crowd sometimes.

You are getting better though. I will give you credit for that but if the Niners get their shit together and start playing to their potential are you going to be able to hold it together or are you going to regress?

Wait, as a 9ers fans I thought I was the one with the unearned sense of superiority and condescenion?!?!?! I'm getting confused ;)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Actually, I'm yet to be banned but thought I would have been long ago.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Popeyejones":qn7xnn7g said:
Yeah, okay. Like every fan forum everywhere, suspiciously, the fans of your division rival are far and away the absolute worst. 9ers boards say the same thing about Hawks fans, Packers boards say the same thing about Bears fans, etc., etc., etc.

No point really arguing about it though IMO, as this is a Hawks board, so the clearly obvious objective belief that "thousands of 9ers fans all fell off the stupid truck" goes w/ the territory of posting here.

No. Honestly, I've been on sports forums for nearly two decades, or maybe it HAS been two decades, how knows, but no teams fans are as elitist as the Niners fans. They are the most stuck up fans I've ever come across. Raiders fans are the worst online, but in person, not so much. Lots of Raiders fans to be found everywhere. But online they're all trolls.

But even Yankees fans do not compare to Niners fans for a sense of entitlement and stuck upidness. We get it, you won FIVE GOLDEN RINGS (ray of sunlight, angels singing). You haven't done crap since we entered the division, however, except get owned by us until the last few years and even now, that ownage is over and we're back on top again. So enough with the eilitism. You don't deserve it. You haven't earned it and even if you did, you lack the grace and class and humility to know not to be elitist to begin with.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Yeah, okay. No point in really arguing if 9ers fans are or are not the absolute worst on their division rivals' fan forum. No biggie. :)

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
This weeks edition....

Tumblr m1kz5rXix41qa6lp8

1470254_10151840732818440_1904655814_n.jpg

TLD0550

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3p893mjm said:
I'm sure the Webzone is in absolute meltdown startinggggggggg NOW!
:th2thumbs:
It's officially down as we speak

rsm650

Reaction score
Someone pinch me if I don't start Kaep...I am the fantasy QB curser; Kaep will continue to underperform :) E4kQTjn

Popeyejones

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":ykmh6qcp said:
This weeks edition....

Is Londonhawk (or whatever) who was trolling the gameday thread over there you? :lol: