Falcons are the Real Deal.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
WmHBonney":319zauxc said:
I watched the Vikings dismantle Houston today. Their D just shuts people down. Period. They have shut down Kelvin Benjamin, OJB and now DHop/Fuller. There is no way we go into their house and come out with a win if they are healthy. It all hinges on Bradford though. With him in there, they run a balanced O.
There is always a way. Especially w/o arctic temps and pointers from Bud Grant.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Seanhawk

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1u77l8wz said:
I watched the Vikings dismantle Houston today. Their D just shuts people down. Period. They have shut down Kelvin Benjamin, OJB and now DHop/Fuller. There is no way we go into their house and come out with a win if they are healthy. It all hinges on Bradford though. With him in there, they run a balanced O.

I did too, but Brock Osweiler is complete trash.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawker":3g6c63a9 said:
KitsapGuy":3g6c63a9 said:
Record following the bye week.

SEA Seahawks (3-2)
'15 Wk 10 Loss 39-32 vs ARI
'14 Wk 5 Win 27-17 vs WAS
'13 Wk 13 Win 34-7 vs N.O.
'12 Wk 12 Loss 21-24 vs MIA
'11 Wk 7 Loss 3-6 vs CLE

Thanks for bringing up that loss against the Browns. Sigh.

Looks like we're 2-3 over the past 5 seasons after our BYE week?

That Browns loss felt like 2 or 3 losses all on its own.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Faclons offense is the real deal.............their defense while young with some talent has yet to be tested, and other than yesterday had one of the worst pass rushes in the league.

LOVE their offense though, especially their RB tandem. Gonna be the first real test for our D.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
The Falcons are for real, and if the vote were tomorrow, Matt Ryan would probably win MVP. It'll be a big game that will begin to form the playoff landscape. But if we believe we're good enough to go all the way this year, then this is exactly the kind of game we should want to play.

My work happens to the throwing a party at BWW that day, so I'll be parked in front of a big screen with beer and wings. I can't wait.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gotta' have safety help over the top all day against Jones. He's ridiculous. Have Sherm follow him as well.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2qd49oou said:
bighawk":2qd49oou said:
A team with a strong defense worries me more. The falcons to me is like little brother trying to beat big brother. Our run d matches up well with there offense. The LOB should be fine with there offense. Dallas and there o-line concerns me more than any team as of now.
Their and their. Sheesh!
Thank you. The lack of grammar ability online is so aggravating to me......ESPECIALLY the lack of effort with There, Their and They're. I understood this in 4th grade. :stirthepot:

Mojambo

Reaction score
Personally, I think after Sunday we're going to realize they're about as real as the Saints were when we played them in 2013.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Mojambo":3bbnv6z7 said:
Personally, I think after Sunday we're going to realize they're about as real as the Saints were when we played them in 2013.

That's kind of how I feel. I will give them credit for going into Denver and beating a really physical team. But lets not forget Denver was playing a back-up rookie QB who was making his first start.

They remind me a lot of the Saints from a few years ago. Come to Seattle and play against a real smash you in the mouth team.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1uwcxe8q said:
The Faclons offense is the real deal.............their defense while young with some talent has yet to be tested, and other than yesterday had one of the worst pass rushes in the league.

LOVE their offense though, especially their RB tandem. Gonna be the first real test for our D.

Beasley took advantage of their 2nd string RT to the tune of 3 sacks. It's all about context. I don't think they'll get home vs. our OL (yea, that felt weird to say) the way they've been pass blocking this year so far.

I really hope they worked on run scheme with their extra time. We need to run the ball better, then I won't worry about much of anyone.

RussB

Reaction score
I think falcons will slow down again once the season goes on. That offense is very good but they still have a very suspect defense that will eventually get exploited. Vikings are far more dangerous than them.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
They are no doubt impressive offensively. Tons of weapons but I agree, when they face Seattle IN Seattle it's going to be a Come To Jesus meeting for them.

Still, they have 28 explosive plays (running plays over 10 yards and receiving plays over 25 yards)...That's damn impressive. We will have our hands full but we have the defense to keep them from exploding.

Rob12

Reaction score
Didn't they start 5-0 last year?

Their defense is bottom 5 in the league. Until that changes I'm not worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":7bfcv63t said:
Hawker":7bfcv63t said:
KitsapGuy":7bfcv63t said:

SEA Seahawks (3-2)
'11 Wk 7 Loss 3-6 vs CLE

Mike Carrey and Charlie Whitehurst share equal blame for that loss. That roughing the passer call on Kam on a clean sack still sticks in my mind

As far as the OP, Atlanta does look like the real deal. But they started strong last season too until the wheels fell off, so we'll see

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1rp23idh said:
Hard to judge this game since, Denver had a scared rookie at QB. The whole demeanor of Denver reflected this and in no way can you judge either team objectively, except on the grounds for what it was and that was a raw rookie thrown into the pit,
Completely agree with this.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":158p4qz5 said:
HawKnPeppa":158p4qz5 said:
bighawk":158p4qz5 said:
A team with a strong defense worries me more. The falcons to me is like little brother trying to beat big brother. Our run d matches up well with there offense. The LOB should be fine with there offense. Dallas and there o-line concerns me more than any team as of now.
Their and their. Sheesh!
Thank you. The lack of grammar ability online is so aggravating to me......ESPECIALLY the lack of effort with There, Their and They're. I understood this in 4th grade. :stirthepot:
to, too and two agree with you.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3o8b6vu9 said:
HawkFan72":3o8b6vu9 said:
Hawker":3o8b6vu9 said:
KitsapGuy":3o8b6vu9 said:

SEA Seahawks (3-2)
'11 Wk 7 Loss 3-6 vs CLE

Mike Carrey and Charlie Whitehurst share equal blame for that loss. That roughing the passer call on Kam on a clean sack still sticks in my mind

As far as the OP, Atlanta does look like the real deal. But they started strong last season too until the wheels fell off, so we'll see

The PR TD by Leon that was called back was worse.. the penalty was called, but the foul could not be found.

andyh64000

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":45hjba5l said:
blazen2392":45hjba5l said:
I'm completely sold on this team. I was not expecting them to do what they did to denver this day. I was expecting this team to come down to earth this week. This team is set up like the steelers.

This bye should push the odds in our favors heavily so this a game we need to win. I have a feeling we will be seeing the falcons again in the playoffs and i would prefer to see them twice in Seattle.

I don't know whos looked scarier so far. The falcons or the Vikings.

How?

The Falcons defense allows 390 yards per game and 28 points per game which is 26th and 25th in the league respectively.

I think Seahawks win by 17+.

I agree...I am not worried about the Falcons at all. I think the Vikings are much more formidable but we don't have to worry about them until January.

Latest posts