Extend Pete

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Pete should be Head Coach For Life Supreme Seahawks Leader as far as I am concerned. He can leave whenever he is damn well ready. Warts and all, I will take him and always be thankful for the culture he implemented and the success it has created.

I have plenty of criticisms about elements of his style and its results, but the sum of the parts is something I have wholly enjoyed and I am grateful.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3tqc8l7h said:
Spin Doctor":3tqc8l7h said:
hawksfansinceday1":3tqc8l7h said:
Aros":3tqc8l7h said:
And PS, you are the latest winner in a poster I no longer wish to hear from so you are blocked. Any response will be met with a blissful silence from me. After all, I won't even have the displeasure of reading your cynical response.
This is one of the biggest issues in this place. Nearly every post this guy makes is anti-Pete. He has company. There were a few guys that every post they made was anti-Penny earlier this year. Go to the Shack and P-Med makes the same posts 12-15 times a day. Nearly every post John63 makes is defending Wilson from some perceived slight or complaining about the offense we run. Those are just a few examples. You see the rest. Then we get a really good poster like Tamberlane and he's here for a couple weeks and pretty soon his posts get less and less frequent because it gets tiresome trying to swim upstream against the current of the same endless crap.
If you don't like it leave, or do what he did -- mute the posters you don't like. It is that simple, period. There is also only so many topics that are Seahawks related that you can discuss as well. Wilson, and Pete are the biggest contributors to our success or lack thereof so of course you're going to see a glut of topics about them, many rehashing some of the same things.

Also if everyone thought the same or marched in unison this place would get boring real quick. I, for example find that many of the same topics, and points are made on the Seahawks subreddit, and on many other forum. Maybe you need a break from message boards until the next game?
I will say whatever the hell I want within the boundaries of the site. You don't like my post, don't respond, block me, whatever. I don't give 2 $h!t about you. Aros is bored with your agenda too.
Do you realize making the same post over and over and....is just as boring for the rest of us as everyone all agreeing? Perhaps that's beyond your agenda.
You do realize that you're doing the exact same thing that you're bemoaning right?

Let me be more bunt, I was pointing out in a polite manner that you're being a hypocrite and offering you a solution. You're doing the exact same thing that you're bemoaning and raging when I point out that hypocrisy. You can say whatever you please but beware that others can as well. This is a two way street. Being able to speak freely doesn't make you immune from criticism and critique.

Perhaps you're unable to understand this concept.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":810q9r5t said:
JustTheTip":810q9r5t said:
hawksfansinceday1":810q9r5t said:
xray":810q9r5t said:
We must all agree with you ?? Go away ...you won't be missed .
Did I say ANYTHING about people agreeing with me or agreeing with each other in general>
NO I DID NOT.

Your post is amusing coming from someone who also posts the same stuff over and over and..........

No, but all the examples you gave are of opposite viewpoints to yours. Some of the people who tend to agree with you are as bad as or even worse than the examples you give and you yourself have done exactly what you are talking about at times. So while xray's post had a poor tone to it, it isn't out of the realm of reasonable for him to form that question from your post.
Your second sentence is correct but your first is not. I actually agree with Spin, you, X-Ray and the group that wants Pete "kicked upstairs" in your criticism of his clock mgmt and have said as much. I have also said the continual regression of the defense is cause for legitimate and serious concern. The posts are there. I also agree with about 70% of what John63 posts as I feel Russ is an elite QB headed for the HOF. What grows so very tiresome is the same thing being said over and over ad nauseum. The gun arguments in the Shack are the absolute worst. There was one thread that got locked and then another one gets started and the same people are making pretty much the same posts ON BOTH SIDES of the issue.

Now this (imo) is a reasonable response.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3krzc63f said:
Pete should be Head Coach For Life Supreme Seahawks Leader as far as I am concerned. He can leave whenever he is damn well ready. Warts and all, I will take him and always be thankful for the culture he implemented and the success it has created.

I have plenty of criticisms about elements of his style and its results, but the sum of the parts is something I have wholly enjoyed and I am grateful.

Solid. When first hired I was skeptical at best. Getting to see his interactions and enthusiasm years later is amazing. Youngest old guy in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
xray":32ufgyis said:
If Carroll gets an extension past his contract ; the Hawks will lose many fans .

Then the were not really fans anyway were they.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
olyfan63":2ec7rxbw said:
I added a couple things to my earlier post in this thread, because there was this one counter-example where Pete fired OC Jeremy Bates after one year. In contrast to Pete allowing the overstay of the under-performing CaBevell combo for multiple years.

Interesting that Bates has bounced around and was the Jets OC last year, but the "philosophical differences" Pete had with Bates seem to show up in ex-Hawks like Golden Tate and Jerome Kearse. Last year, Tate, from the Detroit POV, said the Jets should fire Bates and keep Todd Bowles (who they fired at season's end). Kearse declined to comment on Bates, but in ways that spoke volumes. So it seems Pete got the one-and-done Jeremy Bates firing right, back in 2011.

Pete fired Bates because he didn't focus on the run like Pete wanted him to.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3jzv9v5f said:
olyfan63":3jzv9v5f said:
I added a couple things to my earlier post in this thread, because there was this one counter-example where Pete fired OC Jeremy Bates after one year. In contrast to Pete allowing the overstay of the under-performing CaBevell combo for multiple years.

Interesting that Bates has bounced around and was the Jets OC last year, but the "philosophical differences" Pete had with Bates seem to show up in ex-Hawks like Golden Tate and Jerome Kearse. Last year, Tate, from the Detroit POV, said the Jets should fire Bates and keep Todd Bowles (who they fired at season's end). Kearse declined to comment on Bates, but in ways that spoke volumes. So it seems Pete got the one-and-done Jeremy Bates firing right, back in 2011.

Didn’t he get fired due to being intoxicated during an event and making a fool out of himself?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":13d5v2py said:
MontanaHawk05":13d5v2py said:
olyfan63":13d5v2py said:

Didn’t he get fired due to being intoxicated during an event and making a fool out of himself?

Never heard that one, the Bates intoxication theory. Ran across lots of other stuff on here, but not that one, or at least only on Dennis Erickson and Warren Moon. Got a link to an old thread for the drunken Bates?

In checking out post-Seahawks Jeremy Bates, reading between the lines, it came across that he was lacking in the leadership and communication area. So my thinking was more that Carroll told Bates what he wanted, Bates couldn't figure out how to scheme it up, how to make it work and fit, and just didn't "get" what Carroll wanted, and didn't go back to Carroll to really listen and stay after it, and instead just ignored Carroll's input, and did what made sense in his own head, reverted to what he knew. In doing so, Bates would come across as immature, unteachable, defiant, and ignorant. That's a HYPOTHESIS, based on limited data. Overall the point was, at what point does Pete become willing to get rid of an OC or DC who isn't performing? The answer would seem to be, when Pete feels the coordinator isn't "getting" how Pete wants things done, and isn't teachable. (Yeah, but Cable...)

Can you imagine a combination of the Pete/Schotty offense hybridized with the Air Raid? Well, I can only really imagine an either/or. But it would be an awesome thing to be able to switch into, and Russell would be a fantastic triggerman in that. But, I digress.

Latest posts