Explain your avatar!!!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
It's a pic I took on one of my rides down the coast. My loaded-up bike in front of a sign for Whiskeytown CA. The same trip I got a pic of my bike in front of the wrought-iron arch sign over the street going into Weed CA. Both on the same day, so on the trip blog I was doing I posted both pix and also posted "I found my peeps!"

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's a pic I took on one of my rides down the coast. My loaded-up bike in front of a sign for Whiskeytown CA. The same trip I got a pic of my bike in front of the wrought-iron arch sign over the street going into Weed CA. Both on the same day, so on the trip blog I was doing I posted both pix and also posted "I found my peeps!"

Bro, do you have a larger resolution image of that? It's severely pixelated and hard to see. If you do I would be happy to help you out and make your avatar easier to see. Let me know.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well my current one is pretty self explanatory. I have clamored and clawed for us to be able to wear our retros pretty much since we stopped wearing them. It was some pretty dark years when the NFL said you could not have more than one colored helmet. Bah humbug I say. Finally as you all know, the NFL finally pulled their collective heads out of their arses and allowed a different colored alternative helmet which opened up the door for our true retros to be worn again.

I love the dichotomy of the modern day helmet with our retro logo and colors. It's a symbiosis that just, well...Works.

Great thread OP!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Bro, do you have a larger resolution image of that? It's severely pixelated and hard to see. If you do I would be happy to help you out and make your avatar easier to see. Let me know.
I *do* have a hi-rez version! (Took some looking, good thing I have a 2T file backup drive...) How can I get it to you? My avatar pic was pixelated enough to meet whatever the requirements were back when I uploaded it, maybe 3 or so iterations of the site ago. PM me or something.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
My avatar is an image I got from an internet search. I believe that this was created for remembrance of the Twin Towers in NYC (9/11) and putting the number 12 for Seahawks where they stood.