Empty seats at Candlestick

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":n0incq9e said:
pehawk":n0incq9e said:
I want 49er fans to speak about other teams too. Not just Hawks or 9ers.
My man, they cannot even talk with any real knowledge about the back half of their roster. How they going to talk about the NFL?

(sigh) I think you're right.

Having gone to Pittsburgh, Buffalo and KC spoiled me. Yeah, I was the "enemy" fan that week, but those fans knew the back half of the Seahawks roster. The smack was enjoyable.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":zchgzhza said:
Candlestick was pretty empty throughout the game, from every time I saw them show it.

True...fans just don't come in droves to preseason games. Regular season is a different story.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":yz7y2hzw said:
Scottemojo":yz7y2hzw said:
Kaepernick goes off on the Minnie subs and the faithful cruise on over to a Hawk board to make sure we notice.
Those were Minnesota's starters.

I agreed with the most of your post, but you just had to include some fallacious statement

Are you daft? Those were Minnesota's starters is indefensible and is a statement belonging to fans with skin deep knowledge. Please be better than that.

Minnesota had 3 projected starters not play at all on defense, not to mention a cameo by Peterson. Christian Ballard and Sharif Floyd, along with projected starting corner Rhodes, did not play at all (Kevin Williams is likely to be experienced depth at DT this year, not a starter). Cook went out in the 2nd quarter with an injury, leaving the Vikes with NO starting corners. The nickel corners auditioning to replace Winfield are as yet undecided for depth, but are decidedly worse than Winfield.

Fallacious statement my ass. You are so intent on defending your QB that you can't even be honest. I don't give a shit if he completed every pass, hell, didn't Alex nearly do that in a real game just before he lost his job?

Now tell me why Daniels isn't better than McCoy. Or Seneca. Tell me how Patton runs routes. Or do you just watch Kaepernick?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1i0ip2dg said:
Until the 49ers play the Seahawks, you'll see 49er comments. Then you'll see some immediately after, either trash talking, good game, or other such things. After that, 49ers fans will disappear unless something important is going on (race for division heating up or something). Until they return for the second game- the matchup is what matters.

Because other than the two games (and possibly third), the only time the Seahawks are in the minds of 49er fans is when the division is being thought about. That's the offseason, near head to head matches, and during the playoff push.

That's to be expected from the most diehard of 49er fans, yet you say they are bandwagoners if they aren't posting here every single week? Think this through again, good sir.

The wave of 49ers fans in here the last few months betrays your attempt at explaining it. Are you saying once the season starts we won't see Niners fans posting in here except for game weeks against SF?

That's funny. Speaking of thinking it through...

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":dyt8wyyi said:
SoHo9erFan":dyt8wyyi said:
Scottemojo":dyt8wyyi said:
Kaepernick goes off on the Minnie subs and the faithful cruise on over to a Hawk board to make sure we notice.
Those were Minnesota's starters.

I agreed with the most of your post, but you just had to include some fallacious statement

Are you daft? Those were Minnesota's starters is indefensible and is a statement belonging to fans with skin deep knowledge. Please be better than that.

Minnesota had 3 projected starters not play at all on defense, not to mention a cameo by Peterson. Christian Ballard and Sharif Floyd, along with projected starting corner Rhodes, did not play at all (Kevin Williams is likely to be experienced depth at DT this year, not a starter). Cook went out in the 2nd quarter with an injury, leaving the Vikes with NO starting corners. The nickel corners auditioning to replace Winfield are as yet undecided for depth, but are decidedly worse than Winfield.

Fallacious statement my ass. You are so intent on defending your QB that you can't even be honest. I don't give a shit if he completed every pass, hell, didn't Alex nearly do that in a real game just before he lost his job?

Now tell me why Daniels isn't better than McCoy. Or Seneca. Tell me how Patton runs routes. Or do you just watch Kaepernick?
The TD was in the first quarter so Cook getting injured in the 2nd is irrelevant. Kaep was gone after 3 series. Sorry the 49ers are confident in Kaep and are willing to sit him after 1 quarter of play. The players on the field for the TD drive were the players that started the game. Floyd is out for the entire preseason due to surgery. Injuries happen. It's not like the Vikings were resting him. Ballard might be getting cut http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-round-pick-christian-ballard-leaves-vikings/ Ballard was never slated to start. Just be a situational role player. And reports out of camp are not very positive about Rhodes. They say he is coming along slowly and has been hampered by injuries.

Jesus dude. You try to act all omniscient, but you actually have no idea what you're talking about. You tried to imply that Kaep's drive was against the Vikings 2nd team. Not true. You don't have in depth knowledge of the Vikings.

And I never argued about your comment on Daniels. Notice how I didn't include it in my quote?

You're the one so intent on discrediting everything the 49ers do. Don't accuse me of doing the same. I don't rip RW for a pedestrian showing against the Broncos. Or throw out non-valid statements and facts. Don't see why you are so hell bent on doing it.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3f31z552 said:
pehawk":3f31z552 said:
I want 49er fans to speak about other teams too. Not just Hawks or 9ers.
My man, they cannot even talk with any real knowledge about the back half of their roster. How they going to talk about the NFL?
This is hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.

Click on my post history. I post in Seahawk related threads about your roster all the time.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Ballard is not getting cut IMO (that is the word here in Vikings land), and Fraiser was touting him as a the pass rush 3 tech before they drafted Floyd. I give you that one, I let a rant get in the way of a fact. He is a situational player.
Rhodes was cited by Frasier as the best defensive player of camp by the end of the first week. Yeah, sounds like struggling. Then he started getting hurt, and struggling. Holy shit, an injured player is struggling to play well? They LOVE Rhodes in Minnesota. Point is, a sub was playing at corner from snap one. So when I say he threw completions against subs, I was correct, correct? Nod with me, I will wait while you figure it out. Of course I was trying to imply that Kaepernick was facing some 2nd team players. BECAUSE HE WAS! I didn't imply anything. On the Touchdown drive it was one corner in particular, Josh Robinson, that Kaepernick went after. 3 plays in a row. Half his completions were going after an auditioning slot corner. AHEM, NOT A STARTER.
And Floyd being out is a big deal too. So, we are up to at least 2 subs now, right? If we examine linebackers, will we find only regular season starters every play Kaep was in? How bout dime backs? Stop getting so bent every time you think someone slighted your QB. Not everything that sounds negative isn't true. Remember when Kaep struggled to make completions last year against Jeremy Lane here in Seattle? I just checked, he isn't a starter either!

As I recall, you were the guy who said Kaepernick was facing the starters when he got hot. Facts say different. Half his completions during his hot streak were against a corner who didn't play that position last year, as you would say, a situational role player.

You got me on Ballard, though. I live here in Vikes country, I was going off memory of how Fraiser talked Ballard up this spring.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1sf8c5md said:
Ballard is not getting cut IMO (that is the word here in Vikings land), and Fraiser was touting him as a the pass rush 3 tech before they drafted Floyd. I give you that one, I let a rant get in the way of a fact. He is a situational player.
Rhodes was cited by Frasier as the best defensive player of camp by the end of the first week. Yeah, sounds like struggling. Then he started getting hurt, and struggling. Holy shit, an injured player is struggling to play well? They LOVE Rhodes in Minnesota. Point is, a sub was playing at corner from snap one. So when I say he threw completions against subs, I was correct, correct? Nod with me, I will wait while you figure it out. Of course I was trying to imply that Kaepernick was facing some 2nd team players. BECAUSE HE WAS! I didn't imply anything. On the Touchdown drive it was one corner in particular, Josh Robinson, that Kaepernick went after. 3 plays in a row. Half his completions were going after an auditioning slot corner. AHEM, NOT A STARTER.
And Floyd being out is a big deal too. So, we are up to at least 2 subs now, right? If we examine linebackers, will we find only regular season starters every play Kaep was in? How bout dime backs? Stop getting so bent every time you think someone slighted your QB. Not everything that sounds negative isn't true. Remember when Kaep struggled to make completions last year against Jeremy Lane here in Seattle? I just checked, he isn't a starter either!

As I recall, you were the guy who said Kaepernick was facing the starters when he got hot. Facts say different. Half his completions during his hot streak were against a corner who didn't play that position last year, as you would say, a situational role player.

You got me on Ballard, though. I live here in Vikes country, I was going off memory of how Fraiser talked Ballard up this spring.
Robinson was a 2nd round pick I believe. It's not like he is camp fodder. He is obviously in a knew role as a nickel back obviously.

I never said anything about Kaep getting hot. I believe my fist post in this thread was when I quoted you. In fact, I was agreeing with the majority of your original post-- including the fact that we can't crown Kaep in the preseason and that us 49ers fans storm these board whenever something good happens for us.

I just had a problem with you saying it was against Minnesota subs. Sure, Kaep exposed backups. If this was the regular season than the syntax you used would be appropriate. But in the context of the preseason, when starting units go against 2nd team units all the time, it just sounds like you are being misinformed.

However, I am impressed that you know a lot about the Vikings. That's cool

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":xpx86gpz said:
5_Golden_Rings":xpx86gpz said:
Until the 49ers play the Seahawks, you'll see 49er comments. Then you'll see some immediately after, either trash talking, good game, or other such things. After that, 49ers fans will disappear unless something important is going on (race for division heating up or something). Until they return for the second game- the matchup is what matters.

Because other than the two games (and possibly third), the only time the Seahawks are in the minds of 49er fans is when the division is being thought about. That's the offseason, near head to head matches, and during the playoff push.

That's to be expected from the most diehard of 49er fans, yet you say they are bandwagoners if they aren't posting here every single week? Think this through again, good sir.

The wave of 49ers fans in here the last few months betrays your attempt at explaining it. Are you saying once the season starts we won't see Niners fans posting in here except for game weeks against SF?

If SF starts out 0-3 this will be a forty ninnies ghost town, especially if Seattle starts out 3-0. This place will no longer be fun for them to hang out!

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3a1tvn29 said:
FlyingGreg":3a1tvn29 said:
5_Golden_Rings":3a1tvn29 said:

If SF starts out 0-3 this will be a forty ninnies ghost town, especially if Seattle starts out 3-0. This place will no longer be fun for them to hang out!
If that scenario happens I bet I won't be here. I'd be to depressed to even think about football let alone read message boards

mretrade

Reaction score
I would be here. I was here right after the Hawks beat us 42-13.

And Harbaugh has never lost two games in a row in his entire coaching tenure with the 49ers. What makes you think he will lose 3? I remember when Hawk fans here were counting on the division title when they saw @NE, @SEA on our schedule. Boom Harbaugh wins at NE in December.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":23uljh5e said:
5_Golden_Rings":23uljh5e said:

>last few months
Meanwhile I also mentioned THE OFF SEASON as a peak time for 49er fans to be here. Dost thou readeth?

Prior to week 2, you'll see the same amount. After about week 4, you will see the number drop significantly (but NOT to zero). The only way that won't happen is if the 49ers are undefeated and winning by 20 (in which case they'll be here to smack talk and claim they are better than the 2008 Patriots). Once the second match up approaches, or if the division crown is a very close race, or Seattle plummets into obscurity, 49er fans will return en masse.

It happened last year pretty much on schedule, and it will this time as well.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":vbr72lc1 said:
Sports Hernia":vbr72lc1 said:
5_Golden_Rings":vbr72lc1 said:

If that scenario happens I bet I won't be here. I'd be to depressed to even think about football let alone read message boards
Have to give you props for being honest!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mretrade":1hkcagia said:

And Harbaugh has never lost two games in a row in his entire coaching tenure with the 49ers. What makes you think he will lose 3? I remember when Hawk fans here were counting on the division title when they saw @NE, @SEA on our schedule. Boom Harbaugh wins at NE in December.
He is due, Superbowl losers hangover, Seattle will be the better team this year, Seattle showed the league last year how to beat SF, once the wheels fall off the Harbdouchewagon expect it to spiral out of control. I don't think he is used to being in that position, and when he is he wont handle it well. Players will put up with his "coaching style" when they are winning, when they start losing a bit, they wont put up with his BS and he'll lose the team. The niners fall will be epic and fast! :th2thumbs:

oh and BTW I remember SF fans like yourself coming on here and saying the ninnies would steamroll Seattle because, HEY, they beat NE on the road, Seattle should be a cakewalk compared to the mighty patriots.... Oops they lost by 29 points to the Hawks! So based on that logic, I wouldn't bet your house that SF WONT LOSE at least 2 in a row.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Anyone who says "49er Fans" or "Seahawk Fans" and stereotypes a whole fan base by what a few say on here needs to get out more. I read it over and over again in this thread. It's stupid so don't try to act knowledgeable.

You don't represent anyone but yourselves. You sure as hell don't represent me.

Kaep is good, accept it. He's not going anywhere. Or just be bitter and stupid for the next decade +.

mretrade

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1hteqty1 said:
mretrade":1hteqty1 said:

He is due, Superbowl losers hangover, Seattle will be the better team this year, Seattle showed the league last year how to beat SF, once the wheels fall off the Harbdouchewagon expect it to spiral out of control. I don't think he is used to being in that position, and when he is he wont handle it well. Players will put up with his "coaching style" when they are winning, when they start losing a bit, they wont put up with his BS and he'll lose the team. The niners fall will be epic and fast! :th2thumbs:

oh and BTW I remember SF fans like yourself coming on here and saying the ninnies would steamroll Seattle because, HEY, they beat NE on the road, Seattle should be a cakewalk compared to the mighty patriots.... Oops they lost by 29 points to the Hawks! So based on that logic, I wouldn't bet your house that SF WONT LOSE at least 2 in a row.

The logic that the Seahawks showed the world how to beat the 49ers is so stupid. If they did, why were the 49ers able to win 2 playoff games and advance to the superbowl only to come 5 yards short. If you recall, the 49ers defense played miserably against the Seahawks without Justin Smith and just overall got ran over that night. The offense wasn't nearly as bad as the defense. The first play the Seahawks ran was running right at RJF (no longer with the team) who was playing for Justin Smith that night. He ran it like 70 yards for a touchdown.

I never said the Seahawks would get steamrolled. It was a game I expected to lose and I would be shocked if I didn't post that here. Stop characterizing me with everyone else.

Oh and Pete Carroll has lost at least 2 games in a row 4 times in the last two years.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
HawkWow":3k1lds7p said:
mretrade":3k1lds7p said:
I think 1 for 7. He has still played much sharper than Wilson this preseason but its preseason so I don't take it all that seriously.

Lets see who is better after this season.

Let's see who plays the entire season. My money's on Wilson.

My money is on the team with the better O-line. ;)