(Edit Myers Cut) Janikowski vs Myers

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
We almost got it right although Jans was competent for most of the year. Longterm though Myers was the choice obviously.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
cheese22":qk0x2o6h said:
They can't count on Sebas to make a tackle on a kickoff. Probably too slow to even funnel a returner into the pursuit guys either. Having a decent athlete at the position may only matter 3 or 4 times a year, but it does matter.

Wow, how true

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":r6d0sqh0 said:
Hindsight is a mofo.

It's not hard to see after the Walsh fiasco that Pete and John wanted to bring a little veteran stability to the placekicker position, and not gamble again on a 3rd year kicker that was cut by the Jags for going 11 for 15 and missed two extra points in six games before being cut last year.

Seabass has made some big kicks for us this year. Do I want him for the 2-3 years? No, I'd like to find another Haushka, a kicker we can depend on for 5-7 years, and stop the revolving door of kickers.

But I'm also not going to say Janikowski's been terrible. We're going to probably need him in the playoffs, so we'll see how his Hawk story plays out. Me thinks he might have a big kick or two left in those morbidly obese tree trunks he calls legs.

Hey look, nuance. Someone take a screenshot.

getnasty

Reaction score
It might have got a better kicker in 2018 but still would have cost us the same.