(Edit Myers Cut) Janikowski vs Myers

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2edauozn said:
So anyone else thinking that we'll be going into the season with Janikowski and Dickson? I'd be cool with that.

Biggest lock of the preseason next to Russ beating out Austin Davis :lol:

I don't like Janikowski at all, but he will win the job for his kickoffs alone. Buckle up for another fun ride at kicker.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2uscln0g said:
Seahawk_Dan":2uscln0g said:
So anyone else thinking that we'll be going into the season with Janikowski and Dickson? I'd be cool with that.

Biggest lock of the preseason next to Russ beating out Austin Davis :lol:

I don't like Janikowski at all, but he will win the job for his kickoffs alone. Buckle up for another fun ride at kicker.

As long as he doesn't turn into Blair Walsh, then its all good.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Can Dickson kick FG's if Seabass gets hurt in game?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1zbfr5jd said:
Can Dickson kick FG's if Seabass gets hurt in game?

Apparently he's got a good drop kick so he just might be the man in case of SeaBass injuries.

sutz

Reaction score
Follow the money. Dickson saves money over Ryan, and outplayed him in two games.

Janikowski got the big contract, so bye bye rookie.

:229031_shrug:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
sutz":2zizr8a0 said:
Follow the money. Dickson saves money over Ryan, and outplayed him in two games.

Janikowski got $1.615M in a one-year contract... not that much.

sutz

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":nvej4cao said:
sutz":nvej4cao said:

Janikowski got $1.615M in a one-year contract... not that much.
Not bad for a kicker coming off an injury, though. Still a lot more than the rook was going to get.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I'll take Myers thank you.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Why anybody would want Myers on the team is puzzling to me.... he couldn’t beat out Seabass when given the opportunity. What makes anyone think he would have done better? I surely don’t.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
hawkfan68":w9f23d3h said:
Why anybody would want Myers on the team is puzzling to me.... he couldn’t beat out Seabass when given the opportunity. What makes anyone think he would have done better? I surely don’t.

Why??? He has an 81% success rate on fg 's over his career (same as Janikowski although many less years), strong leg, and is 27 years old vs 40. Is that enough for you?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
seabowl":1w3kluj4 said:
hawkfan68":1w3kluj4 said:

Why??? He has an 81% success rate on fg 's over his career (same as Janikowski although many less years), strong leg, and is 27 years old vs 40. Is that enough for you?

Nope. Age is a meaningless number for a kicker. Vinatieri is older than Janikowski and is still one of the best kickers, if not the best, in the league. The fact is that Myers couldn't beat out Sebastian J. when he had the opportunity. He didn't show enough to the coaches to warrant keeping him on the team. So again, no I don't believe Myers would have been better.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
hawkfan68":924t3wf1 said:
seabowl":924t3wf1 said:
hawkfan68":924t3wf1 said:

Nope. Age is a meaningless number for a kicker. Vinatieri is older than Janikowski and is still one of the best kickers, if not the best, in the league. The fact is that Myers couldn't beat out Sebastian J. when he had the opportunity. He didn't show enough to the coaches to warrant keeping him on the team. So again, no I don't believe Myers would have been better.

Fact, Janikowski missed TWO EXTRA POINTS in the last preseason game and now TWO FG'S yesterday. Something is not right with him. Whether it's age or injury he's just not very good right now. That is why iI'd want Myers.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
seabowl":1z0vuujc said:
hawkfan68":1z0vuujc said:
seabowl":1z0vuujc said:
hawkfan68":1z0vuujc said:

Fact, Janikowski missed TWO EXTRA POINTS in the last preseason game and now TWO FG'S yesterday. Something is not right with him. Whether it's age or injury he's just not very good right now. That is why iI'd want Myers.

I'm not denying that there is a problem. I just don't believe that Myers is the solution. Besides, Myers is unavailable as he's still listed on the NY Jets roster - https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/players-roster/. Bring Dan Bailey in if he's still available. Other than Bailey, there are not many other kickers that would be an upgrade over Sebastian J. Most decent kickers have a team. The big mistake was made last year when they decided not to re-sign Hauschka.