Eating My Crow: Great Game Seahawks

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
HansGruber":22i2pnes said:
Classy post from the only classy Redskin fan we had all weekend. Thank you, sir. It was fun having ya, and I hope you stick around for the offseason.

And yes, watching RGIII blow out his knee was disgusting. I don't understand why they let him stay in. Cousins really came in and started lighting it up. He might have actually scored in the second half.

That injury looked like RGIII blew out both the ACL and the MCL. Wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened. Makes me wonder - why did nobody get this kid into a doctor before the game? He was obviously not healthy enough to play. There is a high likelihood that RG3's injury was very serious, which means he went into the game with significant damage. Why didn't the Redskins look at him, realize they gave up 4 picks and the farm for the kid, and then make the smart business decision to pull him and let him heal? It's now doubtful that RG3 will ever have the same mobility

What's crazy and infuriating was all the talk about how the knee was 100 percent and the brace was just a precaution (from both Shanahan and RGIII)

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
And I do feel the need to eat some crow because at first I thought Sherman was an egotistical jerk. Maybe he still is, but the fact is I'm envious he's not a Redskin.

I know a couple people got miffed earlier this week with some of my comments re: Sherman so I just felt the need to keep my word re: the Skins vs Seahawks

EasyE

Reaction score
SonicHawk":26wruuuk said:
I have a feeling we'll have a few falcons fans eating crow about this time next week :)

There are Falcons fans?

EasyE

Reaction score
HansGruber":1xlcz8v7 said:
Why didn't the Redskins look at him, realize they gave up 4 picks and the farm for the kid, and then make the smart business decision to pull him and let him heal? It's now doubtful that RG3 will ever have the same mobility

They saw the Strasburg backlash firsthand, and thought... "what the hell, let's roll the dice."

gargantual

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":al0lt0yf said:
I just am dismayed about the lack of KILL instinct when up 14-0 in the first quarter. I know your defense played well but still.
That's been a discussion around here for a while now, going back to when Holmgren was coach actually. You guys will get there, just like we are getting there now. The man in front is what makes the difference ultimately and RG3 has that type of leadership in spades.

Who cares if people say your team is running up the score...they're just acting JEALOUS. They'd be hopping for joy if their team was doing it. You can be sure of that.

Here's to hoping he has a full recovery and is raring to go next year!

Greenhell

Reaction score
Riggo,

Class act to come back and take his crow like a man. Just like most Hawk fans our Hawk household too was concerned for RGIII when he went down. We hope for a speedy recovery for him and best of luck to your team next season. The pieces for ur team are falling into place. Keep your chin up.

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
gargantual":2vskwmdf said:
RiggoReincarnated":2vskwmdf said:
I just am dismayed about the lack of KILL instinct when up 14-0 in the first quarter. I know your defense played well but still.
That's been a discussion around here for a while now, going back to when Holmgren was coach actually. You guys will get there, just like we are getting there now. The man in front is what makes the difference ultimately and RG3 has that type of leadership in spades.

Who cares if people say your team is running up the score...they're just acting JEALOUS. They'd be hopping for joy if their team was doing it. You can be sure of that.

Thanks I appreciate it. It just amazes me that the whole team sort of deflated when RGIII obviously hobbled at the end of the 2nd TD drive. We abandoned the run in the 2nd half too...don't get it.

That said, causing discomfort to the opposition is part of football. So I refuse to speculate "if RGIII was 100 percent". The fact is your pass defense is for real and kept us uncomfortable all game.

I hope he has a full recovery too...I want a rematch in 2014! But, being a Skins fan I don't take making the playoffs for granted trust me.

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Greenhell":3nlzf56q said:
Riggo,

Class act to come back and take his crow like a man. Just like most Hawk fans our Hawk household too was concerned for RGIII when he went down. We hope for a speedy recovery for him and best of luck to your team next season. The pieces for ur team are falling into place. Keep your chin up.

I appreciate that...and props to the Seahawks for cutting it to 14-13 before halftime. I hoped we'd get a good long TD drive in the 4th quarter...but I knew Cousins didn't have enough first team reps to pull it off against a defense as good as yours.

I do hope you win the Super Bowl...and your pass D is as good as claimed.

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
gargantual":l6pwrdm6 said:
RiggoReincarnated":l6pwrdm6 said:

It wasn't running up the score obviously lol...but after a 7 game win streak and at home...when up 14-0 in the first quarter you expect to win.

Much respect for the resilience of the Seahawks to fight back then take it to us esp in the 4th quarter. Aside from the first quarter, we were thoroughly beaten.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, Riggo nice post. Thanks for making this week more interesting for all of us. My son said after the injury, "Oh, isn't that good?" It was a great teaching moment as a parent when I replied, "No, we don't ever want anyone to get hurt, man I hope he is okay." I hope my son remembers the lesson. Sorry about the injury, and I hope he is fine. Incredible player and seems like an incredible guy.

Not having seen that field much over the years is it always that crappy? Do they let it get that way as a strategy, kind of like letting the grass grow when you play Oregon? That field sucked and hurt Clemons too, on top of all the others mentioned already.

Thanks again for all the great posts and stick around. You can celebrate the Super Bowl win with us:)

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Cheers, Riggo. At the end of the season I like to think fans like you and us can sit down together and appreciate our mutual fandom. It was a fun week of ribbing, predictions, and exchange of stats & perspectives. While I was screaming for my 'Hawks, I too was hurting for Robert. When he came back to the huddle putting on his helmet (near the goal line) I thought maybe one of our guys got overzealous and hit him late. When they showed the replay and I saw he went down without being touched, I felt really bad for him. I think our teams have a date in many future playoffs. If our Seahawks see your guys there, I hope to see you here. Take care, man.

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Timberhawk":d3a3erwz said:
Yeah, Riggo nice post. Thanks for making this week more interesting for all of us. My son said after the injury, "Oh, isn't that good?" It was a great teaching moment as a parent when I replied, "No, we don't ever want anyone to get hurt, man I hope he is okay." I hope my son remembers the lesson. Sorry about the injury, and I hope he is fine. Incredible player and seems like an incredible guy.

Not having seen that field much over the years is it always that crappy? Do they let it get that way as a strategy, kind of like letting the grass grow when you play Oregon? That field sucked and hurt Clemons too, on top of all the others mentioned already.

Thanks again for all the great posts and stick around. You can celebrate the Super Bowl win with us:)

Agreed. I like Clemons...he was an UDFA on our team and has always been a good pass rusher. Would love to see him earn a ring.

As for the field...I'm not sure other than we had a really physical ball control battle against Dallas where Morris ran for 200 yards and its tough to resod in January within a week.

If I had my say we'd switch to field turf. cut the size of the stadium by about 25000 people, and build an overhang to keep crowd noise inside a bit more the way it does in your stadium.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
Thanks for comin Riggo you and 4ever are welcome any time. Was sad to see Griffin like that. I think that's a playoff preview for years to come. Good luck and speedy recovery Morris is a beast to but not quite beastmode.

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1lmgo7ud said:
Cheers, Riggo. At the end of the season I like to think fans like you and us can sit down together and appreciate our mutual fandom. It was a fun week of ribbing, predictions, and exchange of stats & perspectives. While I was screaming for my 'Hawks, I too was hurting for Robert. When he came back to the huddle putting on his helmet (near the goal line) I thought maybe one of our guys got overzealous and hit him late. When they showed the replay and I saw he went down without being touched, I felt really bad for him. I think our teams have a date in many future playoffs. If our Seahawks see your guys there, I hope to see you here. Take care, man.

Thanks I appreciate it. I really hope RGIIIs knee isn't too bad...if it is though, I think Cousins deserves a fair shake at earning the starting QB much the way Wilson did with Flynn.

As a Skins fan nowadays, I never take making the playoffs for granted that's for sure.

The skeptic in me wonders if Snyder insisted RGIII play tonight to help with TV ratings of the 2 best QBs to hit the league in 30 years squaring off against one another. But the logical side of me blames both RGIII and Shanahan. How can I argue that much though...without RGIII we are a 5-10 to 7-9 team.

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
SeaHawk80":lrn4009u said:
Thanks for comin Riggo you and 4ever are welcome any time. Was sad to see Griffin like that. I think that's a playoff preview for years to come. Good luck and speedy recovery Morris is a beast to but not quite beastmode.

Yeah beastmode would have been seeing RGIII could hardly walk then going up to Kyle Shanahan and being like "give it to me 40 times bitch!" lol

With your secondary and without Fred Davis, he was our only real chance in the 2nd half.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":zx20sr5p said:
Timberhawk":zx20sr5p said:

Agreed. I like Clemons...he was an UDFA on our team and has always been a good pass rusher. Would love to see him earn a ring.

As for the field...I'm not sure other than we had a really physical ball control battle against Dallas where Morris ran for 200 yards and its tough to resod in January within a week.

If I had my say we'd switch to field turf. cut the size of the stadium by about 25000 people, and build an overhang to keep crowd noise inside a bit more the way it does in your stadium.

Thanks for the info. I like your idea on the stadium. Having been to games at the Clink it is truly amazing how loud it gets in there. I assume it's because of the fans with the overhang to your point. Was at a game in KC and it was loud but not as loud as in Seattle. Good luck next year!

tooshort

Reaction score
Riggo,thanks for stopping back in style. Always enjoy having an opposing viewpoint around (as long as it isn't spewing from both ends) and you've been one of the most composed ,knowledgeable and classy participants on this board from either side this week.

Here's hoping BobbyGIII pulls an Adrian Peterson and we're both in the hunt about this time next year!

drdiags

Reaction score
Take care Riggo. Was a great start for the Skins and as a Seahawks fan, glad they were able to hang around to get back in before half. As stated about Morris, his running came as no surprise to me after watching the Skins last 8 games on Rewind. He is more than just powerful. He is a very good back. Hope RGIII isn't hurt as badly as it looked and he can start next season on time. Makes the drafting of Cousins that much more genius.

I think a lot of the young teams in the NFC are looking good such as Tampa, Rams and the Panthers. Nothing is guaranteed but I am sure both fan bases are hopeful that we have climbed out of the hole of despair and are to be reckoned with for the next few years. Only time will tell.

Take care. In the end it is only a game but it is one we all love and want nothing but the best for our teams. They are like our children. We feel pride and want others to respect them. It angers us when they aren't. Crazy huh?

OlyHawk

Reaction score
Thanks RIGGO, class goes a long ways to earning respect. Your warriors had me worried early. I never give up, but really wanted a bigger lead with any time remaining.

Also, I found this article interesting about Dr. Andrew's concern about RG 3 playing over the last few weeks. I don't blame anyone for trying to win the game, the window of opportunity is so small in the NFL.

from ESPN website: Andrews: Shanahan didn't ask me

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/st ... enter-game

godawg

Reaction score
Riggo, it was a pleasure having you trade jabs and share insights with the 12th man before the game, and as expected, you've conceded with class. Join us anytime.