Earl Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

strohmin

Reaction score
lol I can believe how delusional some of us hawks fans are thinking that the players owe us their complete loyalty. Earl has given his heart and soul to this team and I wish nothing but the best for him. I would much rather have Kam, Sherman, Wagner and Thomas till they retire than I would Russell. The defense has shown they can literally carry a team to a superbowl. Russell hasnt shown me that he can carry this team consistently. His play is too erratic and unorthodox for the offense to establish any consistency. I would have much rather have a game manager type qb who can give the defense some sort of breather than go 3 and out 80 percent of the game.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
scutterhawk":vihxloh2 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":vihxloh2 said:
The Seahawks might have won this game but let's be realistic, they lost the team.

What are you talking about?!
"Realistic" is Fans that hock their hearts to buy your jersey, only to watch a classless asshole SHIT ON THE TEAM THAT PAYS YOUR GAMECHECKS.

LOL, this is legendary.

A full-blown temper tantrum over a single comment made by a football player. Good lord.

Merry Christmas to you, pal.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1cs882mi said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1cs882mi said:
The Seahawks might have won this game but let's be realistic, they lost the team.

"Realistic" is Fans that hock their hearts to buy your jersey, only to watch a classless asshole SHIT ON THE TEAM THAT PAYS YOUR GAMECHECKS.
Did Scutterhawk say something? All I see is:

Crying baby1

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ke0pgp3 said:
scutterhawk":2ke0pgp3 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2ke0pgp3 said:

Whatt are you talking about?!

Crying baby1

Don't roast him too hard, he may sue you with his internet lawyer. And there IS precedent.

I miss Linux. Wonder what he's up to?

randomation

Reaction score
Careful now Roland the mods might get pissy at you like when I bashed he who shall not be named.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
randomation":3jn98x6i said:
Careful now Roland the mods might get pissy at you like when I bashed he who shall not be named.

Well, to be fair, Roland's post was directly criticizing the petulant, hysterical nature of Scatter's post rather than the poster themself

TwilightError

Reaction score
It is OK to want to play for his childhood favourite team after he loses a step and his Seahawks career is over. But it is weird to say that in front of cameras after game. Earl is a space cadet, so weird stuff can be expected from him.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
strohmin":3rzddcxv said:
lol I can believe how delusional some of us hawks fans are thinking that the players owe us their complete loyalty. Earl has given his heart and soul to this team and I wish nothing but the best for him. I would much rather have Kam, Sherman, Wagner and Thomas till they retire than I would Russell. The defense has shown they can literally carry a team to a superbowl. Russell hasnt shown me that he can carry this team consistently. His play is too erratic and unorthodox for the offense to establish any consistency. I would have much rather have a game manager type qb who can give the defense some sort of breather than go 3 and out 80 percent of the game.

Awesome. You didn't even try to support this baseless opinion with facts, statistics, or numbers lol

We don't win that Super Bowl without Russell. I would however entertain your logical attempts at somehow proving that he had little to do with our success

Scorpion05

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":2qrput3p said:
Earl Thomas was a huge part of bringing our first Superbowl Trophy to Seattle.

Darrell Bevell was a huge part of losing a Second Superbowl Trophy

Who are we pissed at again?

Earl Thomas was part of the defense that gave up a DOUBLE digit lead in the 4th quarter. The great defense couldn't hold a lead after Bevell got us two scores ahead

See how that logic works? This can be debated all day

Bevell can be fired, Earl can be traded

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
WmHBonney":26mi4ux3 said:
This is just another piece of evidence that Pete has lost this team.
Agreed.

I don't know why some fans are angry with Earl.

Kam and Sherm will be gone soon.

Earl knows this. And also why stick around and have tension with Bobby??

If the Cowboys (or any other team) wants to pay Earl, why can't he leave?

We as fans don't know how Earl feels in the locker room.

Angry fans right now calling him classless, Earl, might care the most.

He cried after a loss.

I doubt other players have done that.

So before you call him classless, Earl, gave his all to this team and it's not Earl's fault the team might not feel the same.

Every one has their breaking point.

This is Earls.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3aw13hhe said:
scutterhawk":3aw13hhe said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3aw13hhe said:

Crying baby1

All I see is a response that doesn't directly, or logically breakdown why the critique of Earl is wrong

People have an issue with the professionalism of how he handled it. Can you name another player in recent NFL history that chased down another team's locker room after a victory and talked about joining them?

Is it wrong for fans to get mad? Some of whom literally budget to buy themselves(or their kid) an Earl Thomas jersey only for him to bash his team mate one week and publicly dismiss his own team the following week? In the midst of a playoff hunt?

The same team and coaches that helped you get your first ring and is paying you top dollar compared to other free safeties?

For once, I wish some reasonable discussions could take place on this forum. A lot of talking past each other. I completely get why people are upset with Earl. Seahawks fans were the same ones cheering on the team last week even when we were getting blown out. And making away games not seem as significant because of how well we travel

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3iju5lon said:
RolandDeschain":3iju5lon said:
scutterhawk":3iju5lon said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3iju5lon said:

WTF are you talking about?!

Crying baby1

All I see is a response that doesn't directly, or logically breakdown why the critique of Earl is wrong

People have an issue with the professionalism of how he handled it. Can you name another player in recent NFL history that chased down another team's locker room after a victory and talked about joining them?

Is it wrong for fans to get mad? Some of whom literally budget to buy themselves(or their kid) an Earl Thomas jersey only for him to bash his team mate one week and publicly dismiss his own team the following week? In the midst of a playoff hunt?

The same team and coaches that helped you get your first ring and is paying you top dollar compared to other free safeties?

For once, I wish some reasonable discussions could take place on this forum. A lot of talking past each other. I completely get why people are upset with Earl. Seahawks fans were the same ones cheering on the team last week even when we were getting blown out. And making away games not seem as significant because of how well we travel

I think you're missing the point. Scutterhawk had a silly meltdown. The frequency of said meltdowns is indicative of the devolving level of discourse you speak of.

I understand why fans are upset. I disagree, sure, but valid points have been made.

He's not "critiquing" Earl, he's basically having a temper tantrum and quite literally calling him an asshole.

If that's the type of discourse you're looking to defend, I'd like to direct you to twitter comments on a bleacher report article.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
BamKam":oy77f73q said:
bevellisthedevil":oy77f73q said:
Earl Thomas was a huge part of bringing our first Superbowl Trophy to Seattle.

Darrell Bevell was a huge part of losing a Second Superbowl Trophy

Who are we pissed at again?

This is just typical 12 behavior

So is this

Lumping 100000+ fans to some people on a message board you disagree with is as juvenile

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I don't give two shots if he wants to go to Dallas when he is a FA but he does something like this while under contract with one game remaining in a must win??? He made it about himself today and caused more controversy that the team does not need. He showed the team he plays for a lot of disrespect. Not sure why he's turned into a whiney bitch but he obviously doesn't wanna be here anymore.

irocdave

Reaction score
strohmin":di5zrhnp said:

If we had a like button I would have hit it, but we dont. Agreed 100%. Defensive players have paid their dues. RW still hasnt delivered on his payrate.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2kw3jvyb said:
Scorpion05":2kw3jvyb said:
RolandDeschain":2kw3jvyb said:
scutterhawk":2kw3jvyb said:
WTF are you talking about?!

Crying baby1

I think you're missing the point. Scutterhawk had a silly meltdown. The frequency of said meltdowns is indicative of the devolving level of discourse you speak of.

I understand why fans are upset. I disagree, sure, but valid points have been made.

He's not "critiquing" Earl, he's basically having a temper tantrum and quite literally calling him an asshole.

If that's the type of discourse you're looking to defend, I'd like to direct you to twitter comments on a bleacher report article.

You disagree that going to your opponents locker room after the game and telling the coach of said team to "come get you" isn't unprofessional and disrespectful to the team your playing for?

You find logic that supports that action?

What is it?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/945121187943809024[/tweet]

I feel sorry for those who are going to let this sour the rest of the season for them (be it one more week or four). Earl let his emotions get the best of him and didn't think about appearances. But I doubt it means he wants out of Seattle. If it weren't for the Wagner incident, this probably blows over a lot more easily.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Earls just forcing Seattle's hand when acting like this. He's fed up with it and wants out. Comments and actions like that assure him that he will be. I personally just think that Earl wants to win and he can see that's not going to happen in Seattle anytime soon because nothings going to change. Pete won a Super Bowl and has a free pass from Paul Allen until he wants to leave and until he does, the team will be stuck with the same old crap coordinators and tired philosophy. Good luck to you Earl. You deserve better.

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/EdwardEgrosFox4/status/945120931478990848[/tweet]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts