Earl Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":139g7p7n said:
I wasn't sure if this was true or false. But I just watched a video and you could clearly hear him say it. How crazy is that? Kam has been dead to me since the crap he pulled with his holdout. Now Earl is dead to me too. This team needs to rid themselves of pompous players like these. If they can recoup a couple high draft picks for him, I'll be thrilled.
Here Here :2thumbs:
No need to throw shit on your brothers on your way out.....TRADE HIM!!!!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":6ybqupvy said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/945148858534735872[/tweet]

Some good perspective.

I take issue with the timing of what he did, more than what he said. Your team just won a game to stay alive in the playoff hunt, and you go and tell another team you'd rather be playing for them.

Just seemed very selfish imo. You're under contract with the Seahawks, you're not a free agent yet. Support the team that's paying you. Just my two cents

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3v22d4v0 said:
Coug_Hawk08":3v22d4v0 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3v22d4v0 said:
Wagner, is currently beefing with Earl, and Earl probably does not like Wagner either.

Earl, knows the rest of the Legion of Boom's days are numbered.

Why shouldn't he leave on his own terms?

I don't see why fans are so upset with this.

He wants an opportunity to go home.

It’s completely inappropriate.
Is it completely inappropriate when a team releases/trades a player?

Any player at any time can be gone.

There's serious issues with this Seahawks team, other than wins and losses.

Players openly fighting with one another.

Someone will want to leave.

That person is Earl.

You would probably feel the same too if you were Earl and fighting with Bobby and know your secondary teammates will probably be gone next year.
YES!!!, It was a chickenshit move on ET's part PURE & SIMPLE. :pukeface:

getnasty

Reaction score
ducks41468":fjbi7b22 said:
Maelstrom787":fjbi7b22 said:
As a rational adult, I also hate Marshawn Lynch as a person for preferring Oakland

Not even remotely similar situations. Marshawn didn't go market his services to Oakland after we beat them in a game.

Yeah he just quit on his team, which Earl has never done.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1cpr3whe said:
Maelstrom787":1cpr3whe said:

Some good perspective.

I take issue with the timing of what he did, more than what he said. Your team just won a game to stay alive in the playoff hunt, and you go and tell another team you'd rather be playing for them.

Just seemed very selfish imo. You're under contract with the Seahawks, you're not a free agent yet. Support the team that's paying you. Just my two cents
You are entirely correct. If he wants out, tell his agent. Not like this, chasing the other team coach and say he wants to play for them. I like Earl and I want to defend him but damn , it’s difficult when he did that and his comment “when Seattle kicks me to the curb” thing. That probably will happen if his asking price is too high on the next contract but he also needs to understanding it is a business. Like others have said, there are more going on in that locker room that we don’t know.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":i5x9kjek said:

Some good perspective.
Or when they buy his Gotdamned Jerseys, and say prayers for him when he got injured???!
Perspective ---My Ass.

randomation

Reaction score
Wants to play for the team he cheered for growing up if in a few years David DeCastro came up to whoever was coaching and said come get me you can bet this site would cheering him for it. Earl thinks we don't have the cap space and will be leary of giving him a monster extension after how it has worked out with Bennett and Kam and he might be right but people saying kick him to the curb are insane. We need a safety like Earl to make our idiotic scheme work.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Aros":2thalhor said:
VERY telling indeed. We all know ET says what's on his mind. The media loves the guy because he tells the truth. His delivery is unorthodox but after listening to him in the locker room explain why he said that, I understand. He grew up a Cowboys fan, always wanted to play for the Cowboys, and he said IF the Seahawks don't want to extend him and they end up letting him go after next year, he would love to play for the team he grew up playing for.

I had no problem with Lynch wanting to play for his hometown Raiders. I feel no differently with ET wanting to play for the Cowboys...ONCE HIS CONTRACT EXPIRES and he becomes a FA or isn't extended, which is what he's saying.

We all want ET to retire a Seahawk but we can't let our emotional investment in this team blind us to the reality that many players - and yes, even sometimes the CORE future HoFers - often grew up fans of other teams and would love to play for those teams.

The comment is still very telling as it heavily suggests there's a lot more going on in that locker room then we will ever know.
I’m so glad there’s other people with some sense! Spot on, Aros!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":8ldwliwg said:
The Seahawks might have won this game but let's be realistic, they lost the team.

What are you talking about?!
"Realistic" is Fans that hock their hearts to buy your jersey, only to watch a classless asshole SHIT ON THE TEAM THAT PAYS YOUR GAMECHECKS.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The more I think about this, the more it's clear Earl needs to play elsewhere next year regardless of where. In back to back weeks, he's publically stabbed a teammate in the back for playing when wittle Earl was all alone and literally crying the previous week. Then this week, he publically disrespects his teammates, coaches, organization, and even himself.

When the going gets tough, you see people's true colors. That's not how the saying goes, but the real Earl is shining through here.

randomation

Reaction score
scutterhawk":azlk4mnv said:
TheLegendOfBoom":azlk4mnv said:
The Seahawks might have won this game but let's be realistic, they lost the team.

WTF are you talking about?!
"Realistic" is Fans that hock their hearts to buy your jersey, only to watch a classless asshole SHIT ON THE TEAM THAT PAYS YOUR GAMECHECKS.

The fans who now want to move him for talking about playing for the team he grew up cheering for. :roll:

DHawk

Reaction score
For those of you saying that he was telling him to tell Dez to come get him...

[youtube]cEKcDKFWTYg[/youtube]

lukerguy

Reaction score
This is a good thing. Jerry Jones is in the business of paying a premium for older players heading into twilight..

Give Earl another 2 years, and then trade him for a 1st and 2nd. Okay with me.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Earl Thomas was a huge part of bringing our first Superbowl Trophy to Seattle.

Darrell Bevell was a huge part of losing a Second Superbowl Trophy

Who are we pissed at again?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
lukerguy":2o1uqeld said:
This is a good thing. Jerry Jones is in the business of paying a premium for older players heading into twilight..

Give Earl another 2 years, and then trade him for a 1st and 2nd. Okay with me.
You'd get a 3rd or 4th if you're REALLY lucky for a 30 year old safety.

BamKam

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":1alkbhi4 said:
Earl Thomas was a huge part of bringing our first Superbowl Trophy to Seattle.

Darrell Bevell was a huge part of losing a Second Superbowl Trophy

Who are we pissed at again?

This is just typical 12 behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.