Earl Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2mlyeejs said:
This is just another piece of evidence that Pete has lost this team.

These are grown men

I'm actually more disturbed by those who discuss coaches keeping their players "in check" as if players are children or paid servants. These are grown men who should be responsible for themselves and their behavior. I don't see most players, especially the young ones acting like this. Even Michael Bennett, for his mouth mostly keeps it to his human rights/political views.

Earl's ego is what it is whether he's vocalizing it or not

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1gdw3ow1 said:
WmHBonney":1gdw3ow1 said:
This is just another piece of evidence that Pete has lost this team.

These are grown men

I'm actually more disturbed by those who discuss coaches keeping their players "in check" as if players are children or paid servants. These are grown men who should be responsible for themselves and their behavior. I don't see most players, especially the young ones acting like this. Even Michael Bennett, for his mouth mostly keeps it to his human rights/political views.

Earl's ego is what it is whether he's vocalizing it or not

Saying these are grown men is exactly the problem and why they need coaches in the first place, because in reality they still need guidance as young adults. Ever hear anything from the Patriots players?? No, wonder why? Pete let's them do whatever they want without consequence. He breads them to be this way. The young guys, un-established haven't been here long enough to act like that. They aren't paid servants they are paid workers of a team. If you act like a jacksss and hurt the team/company there will be consequences.

Get out of your fantasy world that athletes are Gods, everyone has consequences for their actions, regardless of how they feel about what they do.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Personally, I only have to deal with Bevell and Cable for 3 hours every Sunday. If I had to deal with those clowns 24-7 in a work environment, I would run to the nearest head coach and plead that they take me.

Earl has always been an odd duck and doesn't communicate effectively. Give him a break, if he wants to go somewhere else let him, this pretend dynasty is over.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":2kxywoov said:
I see nothing wrong with it. I see a lot complaining about this but if we signed him to another contract in the twilight of his career and his play starts to falter, even a little, you can bet there will be a good number of you b****ing and moaning about his “lack of production” and his huge cap hit. All the while ignoring that he gave the team everything he had in his heyday. And if you think he’s going to give anything less than 100% for the Seahawks then you have no idea what kind of player ET3 is.

That's what fans do. He should be more respectful and professional to his teammates

He's not

NINEster

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":m5r244r4 said:
Bigpumpkin":m5r244r4 said:
Earl Thomas is fed up with our poor Offensive play. He just can't take it anymore.

As Dallas just scored 12 points at home with their playoff hopes on the line. . . Earl Thomas logic.

It's because he kept them from scoring more.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Scorpion05":25k7useh said:
nwHawk":25k7useh said:
No one should blame him. The offensive will never make it back to a Super Bowl, so he might as well play closer to home to finish his career. Thanks Marshaun, look what you started.

Yea can't blame him. He should join a team that has not won a playoff game in two decades and has a Qb who can't carry a team. Or is completely ineffective without a running game

Earl Thomas can kick rocks if this is how he feels. We'll still be a great team without him

We should try to trade him to teh Browns...I would laugh my ass off if he was traded there

nwHawk

Reaction score
THANK YOU EARL.

If what he said doesn't make Paul Allen take action to get rid Bevell and Cable, then nothing we do as fans matters. When Earl, or a player of his stature is publicly promoting his services, the owner should take notice. We have problems that haven't fully surfaced yet.

djb28

Reaction score
He wants to go home, Send him to the freaking Texans!

BamKam

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":9pyb76w7 said:
Wishing we grabbed Buddha baker when we had the chance.

That would have made way too much sense and been too logical of a choice. Best bet is to trade back 40 times to draft a bunch of guys you will cut. In JS I trust!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":yg1dvidb said:
The writing is on the wall.

Shelden supposedly wants out.

Earl clearly wants out.

Sherman was asking to be traded.

Sounds like a lot of defensive players that are getting tired of doing 90% of the work and seeing certain players on the offense get the glory for the 10% they contribute.

This offense is worse than that Baltimore Ravens offense that was supposedly terrible.

I don't blame defensive players wanting out because they are forced to bust their tails almost the entire game and when they have a bad game everyone points the fingers at them - since the offense rarely contributes outside of the 4th quarter.

It is likely exhausting, deflating and frustrating. It is for just watching the damn game. I imagine it is worse for a player that expected to constantly stop the bleeding.

I imagine other D players are sick of this team too, because Pete is riding them into the ground in order to sustain his utterly stupid and misguided offensive philosophy.

The funny thing is if they are mad at Wilson idk what else the man is supposed to do. He literally is carrying the entire offense by himself with any of the defensive stars making more than our entire OL for some of the years, and if it werent for Wilson being here we would have ZERO superbowl appearances or wins. Cant tell my Flynn would of brought us to the superbowl

Wilson is #2 ALL TIME in QB rating behind Rodgers and 1 spot above Brady

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":1b1ovsnl said:
Personally, I only have to deal with Bevell and Cable for 3 hours every Sunday. If I had to deal with those clowns 24-7 in a work environment, I would run to the nearest head coach and plead that they take me.

Earl has always been an odd duck and doesn't communicate effectively. Give him a break, if he wants to go somewhere else let him, this pretend dynasty is over.

Get out of here with that nonsense! It's almost like you're being rational or something.

Honestly, that's fandom for you. Overreaction.

EVERYONE: This game is business for these players. Stop taking it so personally. It's just immature. It was a comment that Earl made. Is there something there? Probably. Hometown team and all. Is there something there of the magnitude that you all think? No. Probably not. Even if there was, how about growing up a little bit?

You're acting like Earl personally pissed in your cereal.

He is arguably the best safety this team has ever seen and it's commonly known he is the leagues best free safety. He has been a great, hall of fame player for Seattle and has done nothing wrong in that time.

Compose yourselves. Or don't. It's kinda funny to watch.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
nwHawk":37enm3vo said:
THANK YOU EARL.

If what he said doesn't make Paul Allen take action to get rid Bevell and Cable, then nothing we do as fans matters. When Earl, or a player of his stature is publicly promoting his services, the owner should take notice. We have problems that haven't fully surfaced yet.

We might well see a 50% turnover next year!

Pie Romania

Reaction score
He can go to Dallas if they offer the most and it's enough to convince the Hawks to part with him. Outside of that, he's inviting a long, drawn-out standoff with the front office. If someone wants to overpay for him, I'm all for it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
VERY telling indeed. We all know ET says what's on his mind. The media loves the guy because he tells the truth. His delivery is unorthodox but after listening to him in the locker room explain why he said that, I understand. He grew up a Cowboys fan, always wanted to play for the Cowboys, and he said IF the Seahawks don't want to extend him and they end up letting him go after next year, he would love to play for the team he grew up playing for.

I had no problem with Lynch wanting to play for his hometown Raiders. I feel no differently with ET wanting to play for the Cowboys...ONCE HIS CONTRACT EXPIRES and he becomes a FA or isn't extended, which is what he's saying.

We all want ET to retire a Seahawk but we can't let our emotional investment in this team blind us to the reality that many players - and yes, even sometimes the CORE future HoFers - often grew up fans of other teams and would love to play for those teams.

The comment is still very telling as it heavily suggests there's a lot more going on in that locker room then we will ever know.

niveky

Reaction score
There is now an article up on ESPN that is about this whole episode. I know in the past that I have heard others talk about how Thomas does not communicate like other people and from what the article says it is nothing like what people are making it out to be. Anyone worked up about this visit ESPN and it is currently one of the story links near the top of the page. This could help some clarify and/or re-evaluate their position on this issue.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Aros":e4jht0qy said:
VERY telling indeed. We all know ET says what's on his mind. The media loves the guy because he tells the truth. His delivery is unorthodox but after listening to him in the locker room explain why he said that, I understand. He grew up a Cowboys fan, always wanted to play for the Cowboys, and he said IF the Seahawks don't want to extend him and they end up letting him go after next year, he would love to play for the team he grew up playing for.

I had no problem with Lynch wanting to play for his hometown Raiders. I feel no differently with ET wanting to play for the Cowboys...ONCE HIS CONTRACT EXPIRES and he becomes a FA or isn't extended, which is what he's saying.

We all want ET to retire a Seahawk but we can't let our emotional investment in this team blind us to the reality that many players - and yes, even sometimes the CORE future HoFers - often grew up fans of other teams and would love to play for those teams.

The comment is still very telling as it heavily suggests there's a lot more going on in that locker room then we will ever know.

More than we will ever know is correct.

It seems to me that those demonizing Earl, stating he ruined his legacy, etc. are acting like they have the full picture.

I'll take Earl's explanation for what it is. I don't have a problem with it. He's been a once-in-a-generation type player for us. Recognized as best free safety by half or more of the league for 5 or 6 years now. I'm not going to be so quick to run that man out of town.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/945148858534735872[/tweet]

Some good perspective.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Aros":2516sije said:

Your last sentence is spot on!

Thomas knows how the general consensus in the locker room is.

Most probably seen enough and want out.

The Seahawks might have won this game but let's be realistic, they lost the team.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2i146mg5 said:
Earl Thomas is fed up with our poor Offensive play. He just can't take it anymore.
So....Continue running your mouth, & shitting on your 'Buds' on Defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts