Earl & Humble Thug got in a heated fight today....

irocdave

Reaction score
The troops are getting testy, just like every other NFL camp.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
jake206":19vs7s2w said:
KING5 TV in Seattle aired video of an altercation between free safety Earl Thomas and cornerback Tharold Simon during warm-up drills at the start of Wednesday's practice for the Seattle Seahawks.

Thomas pushed Simon before Simon threw his helmet to the ground and both players had to be restrained.

Defensive coach Marquand Manuel was tossed backwards by Thomas as Manuel and middle linebacker Bobby Wagner tried to push Thomas back away from Simon.

Cornerbacks Jeremy Lane and Byron Maxwell restrained Simon as the two players continued to yell at each other.

It was the third consecutive day that a scuffle of some sort has taken play in practice.
If you are going to copy ESPN blogs post you should at least site the source.

McG

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2hjybnei said:
Maelstrom787":2hjybnei said:
kpak76":2hjybnei said:
Maelstrom787":2hjybnei said:
I think it's a good nickname. :(

Just sounds like a name some troll would think up of while posting on here.

It came from our .Net chat on draft day. Anyone care to tell the story? I dont entirely remember. I believe it had to do with the dialogue from his prior arrest compared to his humble draft day interview.

Not that I entirely disagree, kpak. I just always found it more lighthearted since I was there when it was created and we were all laughing about it and such. I created my signature of Tharold that same day, as the joke/nickname was so popular in chat.
We came up with it in chat (actually I think throw down specifically coined it first). It was during his interview after he got drafted and he told the story about getting arrested.

It's a great nickname and it will be his nickname for as long as he's a hawk and thereafter

I actually think it was me, I go to the chat room on the draft days but I don't post a whole lot. He kept talking about how "humbled he was" due to being drafted and the cops giving him problems about his car stereo. Either way, I just remember him sounding like a thug, hence the name, "Humble Thug". IDC who takes the credit, that was one of the funniest interviews ever and draft day chat is always fun.

CANHawk

Reaction score
BBlades89":3ojyyn7a said:
My brother call him Eunice, because he owns Eunice.
Truf!

I like that they're all pissy and popping off at each other. High strung alpha males do this sort of thing. They’re wound up and ready to scrap. They’re going to hit the regular season like a bunch of crazed dogs.

Love it love it love it...

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
McG":1bnntuw8 said:
I actually think it was me, I go to the chat room on the draft days but I don't post a whole lot. He kept talking about how "humbled he was" due to being drafted and the cops giving him problems about his car stereo. Either way, I just remember him sounding like a thug, hence the name, "Humble Thug". IDC who takes the credit, that was one of the funniest interviews ever and draft day chat is always fun.

I believe he specifically said "I'm a thug but i'm humble."

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawkfan68":336n9hid said:
If true, Simon is doing all he can to get released...getting thrown out of games, fighting with the best DB on the team in practice. It's not humble, it's straight up thuggish.
Interesting..... thank god the Seahawks think different. Ignore the fact I agree with them.

jake206

Reaction score
From Seattle Times article-Bob Condotta
Here’s what defensive coordinator Dan Quinn said Tuesday about fights in practice:

“You certainly don’t want them, in terms of the back and forth. It’s a really competitive heightened time, when I think guys are really going for it, an ‘I want to show I belong on this team’ thing. Some of those flare ups may happen and that’s our job as coaches to try and get that handled as best we can. Really, we want to know what we’re competing for and at the end of it is how good we can make each other by how hard we go against each other. Sometimes that line can get crossed and get in the way, but really knowing what we’re competing for is to see how good we can get. Here at practice that’s what the whole message is about so at times the flare-ups may happen and it’s our job to try and control those as quickly as we can.”

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Waiting for the media to turn it into something like this "Player attempts to stab Earl Thomas at practice" :?

Happy

Reaction score
hawkfan68":28yrr720 said:
If true, Simon is doing all he can to get released...getting thrown out of games, fighting with the best DB on the team in practice. It's not humble, it's straight up thuggish.

sorry to pick on ya bro, but this is pro football, not a monastery. These guys get into terry tate mode when it's time to work and it's not so easy to flip that on and off like a light switch. it's a different context than what most people experience in their day to day lives.

One of the fun things about getting into competitive sports is everyone pushing themselves and each other to the limit. you'll never push yourself as hard alone, that competitive drive takes everyone up a couple of notches. However tempers can flare quickly in that environment, sometimes things happen. doesn't necessarily speak to a person's character when they're off the field of play.

my .02.

regards,

-h

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Guessing part of this is a teaching moment so Simon learns how to stop escalating a situation. Or getting into one in the first place.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Happy":2slmidm0 said:
hawkfan68":2slmidm0 said:

sorry to pick on ya bro, but this is pro football, not a monastery. These guys get into terry tate mode when it's time to work and it's not so easy to flip that on and off like a light switch. it's a different context than what most people experience in their day to day lives.

One of the fun things about getting into competitive sports is everyone pushing themselves and each other to the limit. you'll never push yourself as hard alone, that competitive drive takes everyone up a couple of notches. However tempers can flare quickly in that environment, sometimes things happen. doesn't necessarily speak to a person's character when they're off the field of play.

my .02.

regards,

-h

No worries at all. We all have a different way of looking at things. I do understand where you're coming from. Maybe I wasn't too clear in my post. I think Tharold Simon needs to prove himself. The way he's going about it is the wrong way. Fighting with a veteran leader in the secondary (who's on your own team) is not good way to prove yourself. Just my 2 cents.