Eagles = Paper Tigers

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Well, I still have to think that the guys are coming out gangbusters for this game.

How could they not?

I think this is definately a game where they are going to be playing for pride.

DK. Event leading up to the ejection, and the ejection itself? I want to see that energy Monday.

I want to see a whole ******* night of us grabbing their grills and shaking their heads around/off.

I think everyone around the Hawks, us included, is just PISSED OFF.

And I hope to christ they take it out on the Eagles.

I gotta go grease a pole!!!! ;)

cymatica

Reaction score
The 49er game, after a short bye, was the game for this team to show up. They continued on with the same mental mistakes and lackluster play calling.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
We can win this game. I feel that we match up well. If LOCK plays better with his 2nd start than we may get the win.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
I'll go one further. Not only are they a paper tiger, they are a toilet paper tiger. Kissed by the wart encrusted starfish that is Filthadelphia. Then stuck to the heel of a meth head transient and drug across the urine coated floor of a Kensington bus station. Jeff Lurie will be found Tuesday after suffering a psychotic break brought on by the devastating loss the night before. Wearing only a tube top and a hockey helmet selling Jason Kelce bobble head dolls out of his prison purse. Amen. Go Hawks !

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They have players that have been kryptonite for the 2023 Seahawks defense- AJ Brown, Goedert, Devonta Smith, and DeAndre Swift. While they aren't CMC, Aiyuk, Kittle, and Samuel, they aren't that far behind.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It depends on which decides to show up.

Just have no good reason to think the Hawks D will show up. Think the Eagle will run over this terrible D.

The Eagles will win but it will be close..

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
It depends on which decides to show up.

Just have no good reason to think the Hawks D will show up. Think the Eagle will run over this terrible D.

The Eagles will win but it will be close..
Yeah yeah, Smartyhead. Keep making your well reasoned , thoughtful , and most likely correct statements. You're not gonna rain on my parade ! Eagle fans will be hurling themselves from the Walt Whitman bridge on Tuesday.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My friend like you.I bleed blue and green, and truly do want the team to have a statement game where they pound on the Eagles and show they can play Defense.

Nobody would be happier to see Eagles fans distressed over their team in a 3 game skid with media on the wondering why they let a Seattle beat them. This game will be a watershed moment to see if Pete got through to the players who are not earning their big cheques. Hope see them stop the tush push and the Eagles big play passing game.

Sadly it does depend upon which Hawks team shows up and how they finish.I really agree with Aros that the Eagles could be vulnerable so I will be watching this game with my fingers crossed hoping for a result that differs from my post above. I really hope my earlier thoughts were wrong. Still believe the DC needs to find new employment elsewhere.

GemCity

Reaction score
They are paper tigers but the problem is, we are paper puppies.

I’d love a win. In fact, I’d love to go 4-0 and possibly make a WC.

But, the fire is slowly fading with this particular squad.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
My friend like you.I bleed blue and green, and truly do want the team to have a statement game where they pound on the Eagles and show they can play Defense.

Nobody would be happier to see Eagles fans distressed over their team in a 3 game skid with media on the wondering why they let a Seattle beat them. This game will be a watershed moment to see if Pete got through to the players who are not earning their big cheques. Hope see them stop the tush push and the Eagles big play passing game.

Sadly it does depend upon which Hawks team shows up and how they finish.I really agree with Aros that the Eagles could be vulnerable so I will be watching this game with my fingers crossed hoping for a result that differs from my post above. I really hope my earlier thoughts were wrong. Still believe the DC needs to find new employment elsewhere.
Hey Dude, I was just goofing around on that last post. Just in case it went over as snarky or something.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Beating the Eagles would be awesome.

The damage to the emotional state of their fans by handing them their third loss in a row would be even better.
But it didn't improve niner fans, so why would it do much for them?

"Paper tigers" is ridiculous, but they're definitely beatable.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
DeSea

Didn’t take it that way at all, just that you didn’t want to go to where my post suggested. It’s all good, btw I am on board with Aros now and do believe a W is quite possible. How great would that be?

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Hey Jammer, there was nothing to debate. It does all depend on which defense shows up. If they go another game where they can't force a punt, we are kinda doomed lol

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No kidding my friend, no kidding!

I believe this is one of the worst ever D’s I can remember in that regard. Perhaps that is a bit of an overstatement (it’s close though), but they are very inconsistent to the point of exasperation.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IMO the Dolphins are paper tigers. The Eagles? Nope. Very talented and physical team that's run up against arguably the best two teams in the entire league the past two weeks.

Same two teams that we've run up against, and also lost. I could care less about the "well the Hawks looked better losing to the Niners and Cowboys than the Eagles did!"

The Eagles are very good where it counts, on the D and O lines. EXACTLY the areas we're not good at, so I expect another loss getting ran the hell over. Nothing this Hawks team has done this past month has given me any hope that we can win this game Monday night.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Eagles can and should be beat. But as mentioned, depends on what Seahawks squad shows up. The team has to play as a team, fight for one another, play sound, disciplined football for 60 minutes. If they do it's a dub.