Duane Brown

Boycie

Reaction score
Is he done for the year? I thought he was just getting a scope to clean up some stuff and wouldn’t be out long. It looked like he was walking around the sideline yesterday without crutches.

sutz

Reaction score
Tought to say. Waiting for the Monday presser, I assume, for a progress report. With the modern scopes it's a pretty small incision, so they were saying 2-3 weeks. I believe this is the 2d week IIRC.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete said last week that there was an outside shot that Brown could make it back if we make a deep playoff run.

But as of now I'd just assume he's done for the year.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Last report said they are just waiting for swelling to go down. Once that happens recovery should proceed rapidly. I hope he gets back in good order. We need him. Having said that, Fant did a good job for us at that spot last night. Nice to know we have a solid fall back plan if Brown can't go.

kmeleon

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1hnlsqbx said:
Last report said they are just waiting for swelling to go down. Once that happens recovery should proceed rapidly. I hope he gets back in good order. We need him. Having said that, Fant did a good job for us at that spot last night. Nice to know we have a solid fall back plan if Brown can't go.

I really never understood why we didn't use Fant at LT when Brown went down, Jones looked so over his head last week. Fant had an entire season playing LT his first year, then he came out the following year and looked very promising and went on IR. After that we traded for Brown and that was the last time you saw Fant as a regular starter.

kidhawk

Reaction score
kmeleon":r3j2ynhj said:
Appyhawk":r3j2ynhj said:

I really never understood why we didn't use Fant at LT when Brown went down, Jones looked so over his head last week. Fant had an entire season playing LT his first year, then he came out the following year and looked very promising and went on IR. After that we traded for Brown and that was the last time you saw Fant as a regular starter.

I think they wanted to use Fant in the heavy packages as a tight end but after last week realized he was needed more at the Tackle spot and made the switch. Besides, with Homer as our primary back, we didn't really need to go heavy as often. He's more of a speedster, outside runner.

PaVloVa!8

Reaction score
Pretty sure he's out again this week ... Could maybe maybe play in the divisional round. But like other said I liked what Fant did yesterday .. and he played against Bosa for most part of the night if I remember (will need to confirm it).

Latest posts