Don't See How We Win Next week

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I picked us to lose in the prediction thread, but I can easily see us win it. Rams will brutalize our oline like nobodies business. Just don't want Wilson hurt. But I think we brutalize their oline just as badly and our secondary and linebackers are notches above the Rams. So our special teams can win it.

But it's the Rams, in St. Louis. It's like Seahawks have to break a curse to win there. And it's 10AM.

I'm pretty sure the 8 Ball would agree with me. Bad Mojo.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3kye4y6c said:
I picked us to lose in the prediction thread, but I can easily see us win it. Rams will brutalize our oline like nobodies business. Just don't want Wilson hurt. But I think we brutalize their oline just as badly and our secondary and linebackers are notches above the Rams. So our special teams can win it.

But it's the Rams, in St. Louis. It's like Seahawks have to break a curse to win there. And it's 10AM.

I'm pretty sure the 8 Ball would agree with me. Bad Mojo.
Have faith. We're going to make history this year. Though it might not be for our defense.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Trying to think of something intelligent to say after only one cup of coffee.....instead it is this... Lets be Frank,

That is all.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Ozzy

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":37o2x42n said:
austinslater25":37o2x42n said:
Sailor did win the thread. I guess I'm in the minority but I have high hopes for the offense. The line could be better than last year, we had a top 5 offensive weapon in graham, some speed in lockett and ptontially fred jackson. I think the offense surprises people this year.
I agree Austin, especially if they let RW get outside the pocket against aggressive defenses, something they usually wait until midway thru the 3rd quarter to do.

I think we're almost always in sync :) you're spot on, hoping the let Wilson move early on as well.

erik2690

Reaction score
I mean I know we lost the game, but their D-line was pretty darn good last year and our O-line wasn't and Russ went for the only 300/100 game in history. Tough game for sure, but I don't see why we can't win.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Is Earl going to start? I think their are two areas of concern. The trenches when we have the ball and how our secondary works together having never played a game together with all of the guys who will be on the field. It's interesting that those two units have the most turnover in personnel. Talent wise I think they will be fine, but it does make for some questions. Can't wait for Sunday to find out the answers.

Go Hawks!

mrt144

Reaction score
kearly":12l76zia said:
Totally relaxed for week 1. Kind of feels like house money.

Felt this way since the Green Bay playoff game. Keep on rolling those dice and hitting those Yos

BASF

Reaction score
For those who have brought up their running backs being out, Stacey wasn't a starter until he ran very well against us. Sometimes the lack of film prep hurts our teams performance.

BASF

Reaction score
seahawksny":27qm6p34 said:
Fact is, the three greatest Seahawk teams in HISTORY, are 1-2 the last three games in that stadium.

The '05 team would have dismissed the '12 team fairly easily. As for your premise, it does have some validity. However, every season is different. The past in football means so little as a predictor. This team matches up well with the Rams. Their defensive line is designed to get after the passer. We will run very well against them.

Cartire

Reaction score
BASF":3rhxgfib said:
seahawksny":3rhxgfib said:
Fact is, the three greatest Seahawk teams in HISTORY, are 1-2 the last three games in that stadium.

The '05 team would have dismissed the '12 team fairly easily. As for your premise, it does have some validity. However, every season is different. The past in football means so little as a predictor. This team matches up well with the Rams. Their defensive line is designed to get after the passer. We will run very well against them.

I hardly think our '05 team would have handled them easily. I do think they win, as they would still run it pretty well against us. The '05 team didnt face a single defense as stingy as the '12.

And if we really want to be fair, no way in hell does the '05 defense contain RW. The RO would blow them up. As it did, to the league, in '12.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
This game will be a defensive struggle . I do believe the Seahawks will win . But to think the OP is off base ? he is not
lets take a look at the past two seasons playing in St.Louis.

Marshawn Lynch @ St.Louis in 2014 18 rushes for 53 yards .
- Austin Davis went 17/20 with two touchdowds .. Foles > Davis
Final Score 28-26 Rams Victory .

Marshawn Lynch @ St.Louis 2013 8 rushes for 23 yards .
- Kellen Clemons 15/31 158 yards 2 ints ..Foles> Clemons
Seahawks Win 14-9

So for all of you expecting a blowout then you should wake up and realize it's going to be a close game.

Seahawks win 19-9

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure how the Rams expect to score any points, so not worried at all. Hawks 17-6

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
If we are going to lose then don't even watch the damned game. It's over folks. The hawks suck this year. :34853_doh:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I would expect us to take a pretty conservative approach in this game. Might look a bit like the first half of Russell Wilson's rookie season. A lot of Lynch, a lot of screens and utilizing the quick passing game. Everyone knows that our Oline will be outmatched by STL's front 7, no need to have Russell doing 5 and 7 step drops.

In the end we should pull it out. I would expect quite a bit of field goals in this game. I just don't see how the Rams move the ball on us, and I highly doubt they catch us off guard again on a trick play.

kearly

Reaction score
I've learned to look at the Rams road game with an underdog mentality. Russell is very nearly 0-3 in that building, and our team has averaged 12 wins a year despite that. I see it as an opportunity to add an extra win to the win column that our team usually doesn't get.

Additionally, I think the matchups favor us quite a bit in this game. Yes Russ is going to get sacked, but he averaged about 9 yards per attempt in both games against the Rams last year. And that was without Lockett and Graham. And defensively, our pass rush is going to destroy the Rams faulty OL. And Foles tends to be a terrible QB when pressured frequently. And the Rams running game? Forget it.

The Rams will need special teams magic to win. Pete knows it, and is preparing for it.

BASF

Reaction score
Cartire":3a0rg3j2 said:
BASF":3a0rg3j2 said:
seahawksny":3a0rg3j2 said:

I hardly think our '05 team would have handled them easily. I do think they win, as they would still run it pretty well against us. The '05 team didnt face a single defense as stingy as the '12.

And if we really want to be fair, no way in hell does the '05 defense contain RW. The RO would blow them up. As it did, to the league, in '12.

I would expect Hass to have a big day against our defense especially in '12. The way we have been worked with the quick rhythm passing by the Chargers and Patriots gives a pretty good indication that our pure west coast offense could have moved the ball very well against us especially with Clemons being the only real pass rusher we had. I look at it this way: were the Flacons of '12 as good offensively as our '05 team? The answer is no, but their O did well against us in the playoff game.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
kearly":3833mtdv said:
I've learned to look at the Rams road game with an underdog mentality. Russell is very nearly 0-3 in that building, and our team has averaged 12 wins a year despite that. I see it as an opportunity to add an extra win to the win column that our team usually doesn't get.

Additionally, I think the matchups favor us quite a bit in this game. Yes Russ is going to get sacked, but he averaged about 9 yards per attempt in both games against the Rams last year. And that was without Lockett and Graham. And defensively, our pass rush is going to destroy the Rams faulty OL. And Foles tends to be a terrible QB when pressured frequently. And the Rams running game? Forget it.

The Rams will need special teams magic to win. Pete knows it, and is preparing for it.

I agree with this, although I do think you guys tend to over estimate your pass rush. Avril and Bennett have looked better than they really are playing the home games in Seattle IMO, but truth is we had a bad Oline last year too....in STL that pass rush wasn't much of a factor. Those guys weren't very good on their previous teams, and all of a sudden they're all pros - more to do with you guys than anything IMO. Playing DE for the Seahawks in Seattle has to be one of the easier jobs in the NFL.

Having said that, I think we're going to have to come out and throw the ball. Foles might be under some pressure, but I'm guessing the Hawks focus on stopping the run. I'd pick on Cary Williams and look for the TEs. Also should be going over the middle quite a bit with your enforcer out of the game.

In the end, the Hawks offense doesn't scare me, unless we start like we did last year, which is a real possibility. We made Cassel look like a HOF QB, so we will get destroyed if the defense doesn't come to play. I don't see how we score. Wouldn't be surprised at a game full of field goals. I actually wish this game was in Seattle, so that we could just get that game out of the way. Playing in week 1, when we almost always start slow, and have a new QB, is a recipe for disaster.

But what the heck? Got to be optimistic, right? My head says 15-6 Seattle, but my heart says 23-13 Rams

Latest posts