Don't EVEN Think About It

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
That all washes away in the end for every QB. Picks from WR miscues and incompletions from stone handed DBs.
PFF actually noted that Geno Smith had a high number of potential and dropped picks. As he's gotten more confident, he's tried slamming the ball into tiny windows. I've noted a lot of dangerous throws he's made. He needs to reign it in a bit.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
What got us into the hole in the first place? The amount of mental gymnastics here to explain away Geno's poor performance in this game is entertaining. It's not an either/or scenario here -- both Geno and the defense crapped the bed.

Yes, our run defense sucked but Geno also didn't do us any favors here. He played a bad game, end of story as did our run defense.
Granted, it wasn't Geno's finest hour, but, nothing Geno can do with Carolina scoring at will, while we actually had to play some semblance of a defense.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
PFF actually noted that Geno Smith had a high number of potential and dropped picks. As he's gotten more confident, he's tried slamming the ball into tiny windows. I've noted a lot of dangerous throws he's made. He needs to reign it in a bit.
I don't know PFF's site other than seeing it referenced quite a bit. It's hard to relate to your comment without some context. What's high? Who is around him in that stat? In what tier does that put him?

Chapow

Reaction score

Our D is an embarrassment to the game of football and we have no running game. It's all on Geno at this point. He's going to have to play at an MVP level for this team to even have a chance at winning a game with the current state of the rest of the team.