Don't EVEN Think About It

JPatera76

Reaction score
Don't blame Geno for this loss. This god damn Run D, Jesus Christ.
Genos Partially responsible, but horrid to non-existent Defense and No Run game. Unless forcing it to Homer repeatedly to net 2nd and long and 3rd and longs counts as a run game.. I put like 5% on him and 95% on Pete and the Defense

OP
OP
H

hawks85

Reaction score
Genos Partially responsible, but horrid to non-existent Defense and No Run game. Unless forcing it to Homer repeatedly to net 2nd and long and 3rd and longs counts as a run game.. I put like 5% on him and 95% on Pete and the Defense
I'll take that. This D needs work. Their Pass Defense is fine, but that Run Defense is the worst that I've ever seem from any team

sdog1981

Reaction score
Jets Geno is real and Seahawks Geno has done a good job of holding him in check. But Jets Geno showed up today. Just go back and look at last week's game against the Rams, there have been more than a few times where Geno has made some dangerous panicked throws.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
He probably deserves more than 5 but it still wouldn't have made a difference with those two glaring deficiencies. No creativity by either coordinator to try and cover for their issues. Not a single player on the defense is a standout besides Woolen and Neal. Coby and Mafe have a pass as rookies, the rest should be rotated more to see if their backups have any fire.

Chapow

Reaction score
Carolina - 223 yards rushing
Seattle - 46 yards rushing

Carolina - 39:16 Time Of Possesion
Seattle - 20:44 Time Of Possesion

Those are the 2 primary reasons we got thoroughly whooped by the team with the 3rd worst offense in the NFL.

At this point, all any team has to do is hand the ball off to any fringe practice squad quality RB. Our defense is helpless to do anything about it.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Don't blame Geno for this loss. This god damn Run D, Jesus Christ.
He was part of the reason why we lost. He couldn't move the ball for large portions of the game and realistically he could have had 3 picks. He completed less than 60 percent of his passes and missed a couple of wide open receivers with errant throws. He got a garbage time touchdown on a long pass that padded his stats.

Geno was absolutely part of the problem.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yes. But it is a much, much smaller portion than the D, and in particular, the run D.
With that, I'd agree.

When one facet of the team is getting so thoroughly embarrassed, to the point of emasculation... I mean, you can't play a complimentary football game off of that.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
He was part of the reason why we lost. He couldn't move the ball for large portions of the game and realistically he could have had 3 picks. He completed less than 60 percent of his passes and missed a couple of wide open receivers with errant throws.
"Fewer"

- Stannis "the Mannis" Baratheon

Ozzy

Reaction score
Geno was bad too and I’m mutliple games he couldve had a few more picks. He has gotten away with a few lucky picks dropped. He needs to play better and the defense needs to play much, much better. Deserve all around

flmmkrz

Reaction score
2 things can be true at the same time. Geno wasn't good enough, run d was yet again horrendous. The lion share falls on the latter but the d didnt get picked up by the offense at all today

Polk738

Reaction score

Definitely agree, don't give the Panthers short fields to work with when you're having trouble scoring points yourself

Polk738

Reaction score
Carolina - 223 yards rushing
Seattle - 46 yards rushing

Carolina - 39:16 Time Of Possesion
Seattle - 20:44 Time Of Possesion

Those are the 2 primary reasons we got thoroughly whooped by the team with the 3rd worst offense in the NFL.

At this point, all any team has to do is hand the ball off to any fringe practice squad quality RB. Our defense is helpless to do anything about it.

It's crazy that this offense has three pretty good blocking TEs and that is the best they can do? It continues to boggle my mind how bad they are in the screen game just with timing alone.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
He had a bad game yes but his fault. No run defense was the problem tonight.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
It was nothing that we could have come back from.. except we couldn't stop them, Geno had nothing to do with that.
What got us into the hole in the first place? The amount of mental gymnastics here to explain away Geno's poor performance in this game is entertaining. It's not an either/or scenario here -- both Geno and the defense crapped the bed.

Yes, our run defense sucked but Geno also didn't do us any favors here. He played a bad game, end of story as did our run defense.

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
I know the run sets up the pass but we couldn’t run at all but we were passing pretty well ( except the ints ) but we still tried Homer to much and our run defense couldn’t stop a crawling baby today ( what I don’t under stand is our run defense inside the five looks amazing why anywhere else on the field they turn into a bunch of wet paper towels ?)

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Geno was bad too and I’m mutliple games he couldve had a few more picks. He has gotten away with a few lucky picks dropped. He needs to play better and the defense needs to play much, much better. Deserve all around
That all washes away in the end for every QB. Picks from WR miscues and incompletions from stone handed DBs.

Latest posts