Do we have the pieces to run Mike McD's Defense?

Fade

Reaction score
Honestly, I hope they don't spend big money on LBer or Safety. Spend it on the guys up front.

However, the Seahawks currently have no one at LBer of value under contract, so maybe being so thin forces their hand to spend on somebody.

In that case it's gotta be Queen. He is plug 'n play. It's going to be a learning curve for the vets and rookies alike. Queen lightens the load on the coaching staff that will have their hands full having to coach up the entire roster as it is.

chris98251

Reaction score
I expect a couple coaches and players to be signed from Baltimore to help implement the new system on defense as well as when we get an OC a few guys that can help with that to fill out the staff, we will need them to fast track a transistion.

Chevy

Reaction score
Queen has always been better at coverage than Brooks. He’s also more rangy than Brooks. They rely on him quite a bit in coverage. Just because we hired MacDonald doesn’t automatically mean Brooks makes sense or is a fit for what he does.

Brooks has been a liability here since college. I’d argue that Brooks is not a fit for MacDonalds system. Brooks is also an FA. Why not sign the guy that knows how to play within the system already and help implement it?

I think either Brooks or Queen will be on the team next year. Brooks is JS's guy and Queen is Macdonald's guy. So honestly I would be good with either one.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Honestly, I hope they don't spend big money on LBer or Safety. Spend it on the guys up front.

However, the Seahawks currently have no one at LBer of value under contract, so maybe being so thin forces their hand to spend on somebody.

In that case it's gotta be Queen. He is plug 'n play. It's going to be a learning curve for the vets and rookies alike. Queen lightens the load on the coaching staff that will have their hands full having to coach up the entire roster as it is.
Makes sense.. I see a few Ravens coming over as they have a lot of FA's.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seriously. Blow up the D??? WTF? The reason Pete was let go is John saw a team that vastly underachieved. If we were only a 9-8 team, Pete would have gotten an attaboy and rode out his contract.

The team is better than their record. The roster is more talented than they performed. Mac will get the best out of them. Its literally what he did in Baltimore and his players their attest to it.
Yep^ and like I said in another thread, I believe that Mac will try and bring in a free agent Defender or two from his last gig to help make the transition a little smoother.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
We don't need players that fit his scheme, he's said so.

It's so refreshing to see this instead of the typical "forcing a square peg in round hole" scheme.

Maybe not a replica of the Ravens 'D' but he will have to establish some roots of semi-familiar Base Concepts for which to grow from, no?

keasley45

Reaction score
Y
Yep^ and like I said in another thread, I believe that Mac will try and bring in a free agent Defender or two from his last gig to help make the transition a little smoother.
Yup. I mean, the reason he's here (in part) is BECAUSE he was able to adapt a philosophy to his players.

We will be fine.

Latest posts