DK on penalties: 'Not going to change who I am'

Wheetie

Reaction score
Dk's an emotional guy, but has to learn how to channel those emotions. Pete knows how to handle guys, like Richard Sherman, who feed off of their passion. That's his specialty, and I don't worry about Pete's ability to motivate guys like that.

My problem with DK is that he's paid like an elite receiver, but doesn't really produce like one. He's paid like AJ Brown and Cooper Kupp but he isn't as good. Don't get me wrong, he's a very good player--just not top tier. But when you're getting $24 million per year, people are going to expect a lot more than he's given us.
Right, so as a baseline expectation, at that price point, if he's not helping the team in direct correlation to his salary he should at least not be purposely hurting the team with these stupid penalties.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Some here need to cool their jets about Metcalf. For sure he plays angry and needs to re-channel his aggression in more positive directions instead of wanting to knuckle the head of some DB who has gotten away with taunting or worse. I love his intensity and hope he can mature some to re-channel his aggression. He is a very good player who is talented at his position and worthwhile keeping.

He has to know with the fines and the penalties that his temper is being taken advantage of and he is both hurting himself and the team when he flashes it. I sure know I'd rather have his physicality on my team than on any opponents.

cymatica

Reaction score
I simply couldn't disagree with the consensus here more.

Metcalf is averaging three penalties per season. How many of you were calling for Kam to get benched when he had 12 personal foul penalties? This is a fanbase who should appreciate players who want to hit people, and the only issue I see with Sunday's penalty is that he screwed up the timing due to not hearing the whistle. Mistakes happen, whatever.

Honestly, this thread sounds like something I'd hear on a 49er radio station complaining about how mean the Seahawks are.

Big difference. Kam was frequently penalized for making legal hits that looked too violent to be legal. Kam wasn't getting penalized for late hits and cheap shots. Opponents couldn't get in Kam's head force flags out of him.

DK has a reputation now and everyone knows it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The "it's just a board" line is really not a good look

Reminds me of when guys like Sherm and Bennett would say they'd be reading books during Pete's "kumbaya" time.

Seems DK has arrived at the bored with Pete's rah rah time in Seattle.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There's one HUGE difference, those players got a pass a hell of a lot more than DK ever has. Not only should DK not a get pass after tantrums, but they also shouldn't have.

chrispy

Reaction score
Maybe, Seattle, can trade DK for Davante Adams??

Adams, is currently, not very pleased with the Raiders organization. Seattle, not very pleased with Metcalf.

Both just got paid.

Both could stand a change of scenary.

Both would benefit from a swap.

Seattle wouldn’t be paying so much more for a proven guy. The Raiders get DK that would give the Raiders exactly the identity as their fans as being more “uncontrollable.”

Fair swap for both sides!
Both have "big" cap hits and dead money. I'm sure there's a way to even it out with late round picks. ...so it's possible I think whereas most other trades just don't fit.

DKs antics would put butts in seats in Vegas. Raiders aren't in the playoffs hunt and JimmyG isn't going to be the face-of-the-franchise. Raiders love speed on the field above all else. It would create buzz for the team in a year when they need it. They lost DWaller and DK could be that big target.

DAdams is older and not what he used to be, but he can still be a top 3 with Seattle's WR core. He also might add value to JSN (and even Bobo) as opposed to bringing them down. I'd guess he could give Geno some ARogers tips too.

I hope JS has made this call to MDavis and called again and again to the point of looking desperate. A couple 15yarders in Vegas isn't going to cost Raiders a playoff game. The biggest hurdle here is that I can't imagine this is a Josh McDaniels fit. It would probably have to be a situation where Davis overrules the Coach and that probably means moving on from McDaniels in the off season. That's a bigger decision than swapping wideouts.... The second biggest hurdle is Pete moving on and calling it quits on DK. He's not one to cut the cord easily.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Reminds me of when guys like Sherm and Bennett would say they'd be reading books during Pete's "kumbaya" time.

Seems DK has arrived at the bored with Pete's rah rah time in Seattle.
Seems like everyone arrives at some point…

DK really brought it on himself though.

I get Carroll’s rah rah style may end at some point but this doing was all DK and not so much, Carroll, but you can say, Carroll, not discipline DK, by let’s say, sitting him, says a lot about how Carroll is not a disciplinarian.

Trade DK, and try to get Davante Adams.

Adams, is not happy with the Raiders and is still a top flight elite receiver and the Raiders would only have to swap salaries with another highly paid receiver, but, is also younger than Adams.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Both have "big" cap hits and dead money. I'm sure there's a way to even it out with late round picks. ...so it's possible I think whereas most other trades just don't fit.

DKs antics would put butts in seats in Vegas. Raiders aren't in the playoffs hunt and JimmyG isn't going to be the face-of-the-franchise. Raiders love speed on the field above all else. It would create buzz for the team in a year when they need it. They lost DWaller and DK could be that big target.

DAdams is older and not what he used to be, but he can still be a top 3 with Seattle's WR core. He also might add value to JSN (and even Bobo) as opposed to bringing them down. I'd guess he could give Geno some ARogers tips too.

I hope JS has made this call to MDavis and called again and again to the point of looking desperate. A couple 15yarders in Vegas isn't going to cost Raiders a playoff game. The biggest hurdle here is that I can't imagine this is a Josh McDaniels fit. It would probably have to be a situation where Davis overrules the Coach and that probably means moving on from McDaniels in the off season. That's a bigger decision than swapping wideouts.... The second biggest hurdle is Pete moving on and calling it quits on DK. He's not one to cut the cord easily.
This right here….POST of the Day!!!!

Agreed!!!!!

SNDavidson

Reaction score
This is how threads get out of control, but; genious way for DK to get outta town, or start that sentiment rolling, if that's what he wants.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As if it would be that easy to just trade for a beast like Davante Adams :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Fans want x player, get it done today!!!! It's not that easy. Just because he's unhappy in LV, that doesn't just magically mean they're going to trade him and/or are even considering it.
Nothing wrong with dreaming though ✌️

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I fully endorse this.

Adams 30 yrs old
DK 25 years old.

That's 5 full years of peak productivity you'd throw away for a few boneheaded penalties. 30+ year old receivers are on the downside of their careers.

I suspect Raiders would take that swap in a second.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
More time spending wanting to ship out players than just pulling for the players we have.......at least it seems that way at times.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I think the most fitting Worm comparison for DK is how he is so very much "take it or leave it, I don't gaf", and he means it, it's who he is, this will end with him playing somewhere else if it becomes a back and forth with fans, it just will. Still love the guy, lots of very interesting personalities in the NFL that's for sure haha

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is how threads get out of control, but; genious way for DK to get outta town, or start that sentiment rolling, if that's what he wants.

I don't think he wants out.

I think DK is a tad immature with a bully complex due to some thin skin and prima donna-esque wide receiver football issues. This results in him not backing down publicly, as he sees that as a sign of weakness.........as oppose to how he should see it, growth as a person and player/teammate.

He seems delusional as to what constitutes a tough intimidating football player, and just a fake hardo.

toffee

Reaction score
I am so confused, One's life is ever evolving, a never ending learning and adjusting journey. Quite sure DK would not want who he is today to be identical to who he was 20 years ago?

Listening to DK is refreshing as he is the polar opposite of Wilson, I felt like DK spoke his mind.

Last edited:

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Adams 30 yrs old
DK 25 years old.

That's 5 full years of peak productivity you'd throw away for a few boneheaded penalties. 30+ year old receivers are on the downside of their careers.

I suspect Raiders would take that swap in a second.

-Adams could serve as a mentor to our younger WR room to help them improve
-DK literally said himself that he wasn't changing (he's regressing with penalties and doesn't plan on changing apparently, "few bonehead penalties" LOL)
-Adams is a MUCH more refined route runner despite his age compared to DK
-Adams doesn't lose his temper on the field if he doesn't get a certain amount of targets per game or is wide open compared to DK
-Adams would bring more accountability than DK apparently does

Last edited:

hoxrox

Reaction score
It's not just the 15-yard penalties. The dude literally disappears, production-wise, in games where he has tantrums.

If the energy was used on completing that route last game... maybe it's not a pick.

Lockett on the other hand, became a DB and broke up a potential pick earlier this season. Silent assassin who gets it done without the unnecessary antics.