DK not at mandatory mini camp

GemCity

Reaction score
The FO knew we didn't have a top 10 QB when they refused the Jets offer of the 10th pick (iirc) in the draft. Clearly they are considering DK's ability to catch the ball and take it up field on the fly. This will be a case of paying the player based on his potential more than on his performance to date. DK is a beast and I've said it for 2 years now, he will ultimately, barring the unforeseeable, be the best WR in the league. I think we'll end up giving him 100 for 4. And I'd be fine with that. 2-3 years down the road, he will be a bargain at 25 per.

The only thing disturbing to me is that when the FO put the closed sign up on any trade offers, I sure as hell thought the two camps had some level of understanding ..a gentleman's agreement, if you will. I mean WTH, is this yet another Pete and JS **** up we're seeing here?
The intangible…I agree. You’d think this wouldn’t be an issue after prior comments from PC, JS, and DK himself.
Not exactly starting off as the new leader of the team very well is he?

John63

Reaction score
Well, there is a lot there.

! he wants to be paid
2. his stats are probably going to take a hit this year
3. how will he come back from the injury

Given all that I don't really blame him. will be interesting to see how things go.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I am a little bit concerned, after all of the trade talk that happened before the draft.

Since #3 is gone, DK is our biggest star. We really need to sign a favorable contract, in order to keep him happy and around for years to come. I hope that his Olympics ambitions do not get in the way of his football career.

I am actually less worried about our quarterback status. Pete seems to favor players that are taken in as a "second chance", highly drafted players that didn't quite work out the first time. Here we have two excellent, athletic quarterbacks, slugging it out for a starting position. Good things will happen...

SEAHAWKS MANAGEMENT...sign DK immediately. Show him the respect that you failed to show to Bobby.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
He’s still under contract. They can franchise him or trade him next year. This is even easier with Wilson gone because they don’t need the tag for anyone else.

Next question is does DK think he’s worth more than Cooper Kupp?

chrispy

Reaction score
It's too easy to say "sign him" or "trade him" or.... He's worth a lot of money, but the real difference of opinion is how much? Cupp just signed for $25million guaranteed/year and up to something like 27. It would only make sense that DK's agent would start by asking for 28+/yr and hold out for a while. If they end up at 20-25 and front load it with sign-on while we have a relatively cheap roster, it seems like a reasonable contract. Until something happens that indicates otherwise, I'll assume that's how it plays out.

BTW, in a parallel universe where RW is not traded, the Seahawks have DK holding out for 25M and RW holding out for 50M. The total cap for a team in 2022 is 208M.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
With Metcalf the team likely was caught by surprise with the explosive and huge increases in WR compensation this offseason. I suspect they were talking much different numbers with Metcalf and had done their forward planning on a different level of compensation for him, and this situation is now having to be reassessed and recalculated.

At this point I still think there isn't a lot to this and the team will figure things out with Metcalf who is still under contract and can be kept by the team for 2 more seasons albeit unhappily for him.

Last edited:

Latest posts