DJack unpopular?

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
drdiags":2bgdgv0t said:
HawkAroundTheClock":2bgdgv0t said:
Here's a good write-up about the misconceptions regarding DJack. It's by Kyle Rota, and says "Seahawks.net" below his name. I wasn't here in 2006, does anyone know him?

He goes by the username Snohomie now. Kyle used to be our young wonder kid. He was a mod for awhile, did a lot of scouting of players before English and Kearly came around. He was Doug/Todd/Brian McIntyre's protégé. Then he turned his back on the state of Washington and became a dyed in the wool Duck fan (just kidding Kyle).

He drops in from time to time. Just like our other NCAA scouting folks, he knows how to provide a great writeup detailing a player's attributes.

Oh cool, I've seen him around here. Thanks for the info! :thirishdrinkers:

TVHAWK

Reaction score
Prolly was our best WR at that time, was pretty good, but was a selfish player who didn't ever get the TEAM concept.. He avoided optional off season workouts like the plague, even when vrtually all the other starters were out there working out and sweating their asses off, he chose to not be there... And I'll never forget the game where he was injured and not suited up, and for some unknown reason, instead of sitting on the sidelines and supporting his teamates, The TV cameras kept showing him sitting up in someones luxury box and drinking a Mike's hard lemonade....HaHa what a great teamate !!!!! I'm old, I remember this stuff....

:les:

Riley12

Reaction score
SeeHawkRun":279ds2jd said:
But then his friend asked me "Who's number eighty two?"

That right there tells you who you were talking to. They are the same as the people who became Niner fans
over the past two years as that team has risen from their doldrums.

They all deserve nothing more than an eyeroll as you walk away.

Snohomie

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":3bg7kixz said:
drdiags":3bg7kixz said:
HawkAroundTheClock":3bg7kixz said:
Here's a good write-up about the misconceptions regarding DJack. It's by Kyle Rota, and says "Seahawks.net" below his name. I wasn't here in 2006, does anyone know him?

He goes by the username Snohomie now. Kyle used to be our young wonder kid. He was a mod for awhile, did a lot of scouting of players before English and Kearly came around. He was Doug/Todd/Brian McIntyre's protégé. Then he turned his back on the state of Washington and became a dyed in the wool Duck fan (just kidding Kyle).

He drops in from time to time. Just like our other NCAA scouting folks, he knows how to provide a great writeup detailing a player's attributes.

Oh cool, I've seen him around here. Thanks for the info! :thirishdrinkers:

Phew. I'm glad on the rare occasion someone reads one of my articles, it wasn't a complete dud.

I wish we had all 22 film available from DJack's prime, it would be great to see him run routes (he is my definition of average WR athletically, but he got open all day). I think he received a bum reputation because he had drop issues and played with Koren Robinson (who's drop issues reached ridiculous levels).

Plus, getting your hands compared to Steve Largent is almost unfair. It's hard to compete with a legend.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
TVHAWK":2av46pkw said:
Prolly was our best WR at that time, was pretty good, but was a selfish player who didn't ever get the TEAM concept.. He avoided optional off season workouts like the plague, even when vrtually all the other starters were out there working out and sweating their asses off, he chose to not be there... And I'll never forget the game where he was injured and not suited up, and for some unknown reason, instead of sitting on the sidelines and supporting his teamates, The TV cameras kept showing him sitting up in someones luxury box and drinking a Mike's hard lemonade....HaHa what a great teamate !!!!! I'm old, I remember this stuff....

:les:

Pure unadulterated BULLCRAP. DJack was selfish and didn't get "the team concept"? BULLLCRAP. I'm old. I remember this stuff too. Go read my post about two specific legendary moments. The guy got concussed so badly that his brain shut down and PLAYED THE NEXT WEEK and was CLEARLY the best player on the field. No "team concept"? "Selfish"? Come on man.

Players sit in the box all the time when deactivated. ALL THE TIME. Especially when they are INJURED. You are just making stuff up to trash a man's good name. He had a contract qualm with Holmgren. Guess what? Most players did. Do you know why? Because Mike Holmgren is a liar. Yes, now I did the unthinkable and said that. But it's true. How many times did the Walrus say, "Go out there and do your job, and we will take care of you later?" Well, unfortunately he didn't have the authority to do so, and it ended up SCREWING our entire team and organization multiple times. Look at the Branch situation. It was idiotic. Many of us said so at the time. I know Holmgren didn't make that trade. He made the promises though, and then Branch got all of that money from Ruskell for having one good game with the best QB EVER throwing the ball to him. Branch was a selfish player. Maybe you're thinking of him. And if anybody brings up the "one time he stripped the ball in KC proves he was good" argument is going to get a throat punch. ;)

No... I'm not angry. Please don't read it that way. I am all for setting the record straight, and I'm not real big on revisionist history. But I am also totally against painting everything so black and white. I've kind of done it. But I've said straight out DJack had a contract qualm, and in my mind he had every right to it. Disagree if you will, but to question his HEART as a player and call him selfish is an unfair attack on a guy that carried this franchise for a few years in my book. It was Walter.... then a big step down... then Matt... then a tiny step down and Shaun and DJack. That was our team. Those guys carried us every single week. DJack got us into a game we were dead in by moving over into the slot, spotting an opening over the middle (creating a mismatch, which he was GREAT at doing), and caught that dump after the wave to Matt over the middle for a 90+ yard TD. Beautiful, and spoke to his heart and smarts. Darrell is a Seahawks legend and I won't let him get painted with the selfish brush. I won't let it happen. It's not fair, and it's not true.

I can go back and forth on it for weeks and am glad to pull a Doub and start breaking out stats and doing my ridiculous analytical data breakdowns, but that's what I do for work, and hate doing it for free... but will if it is needed. Darrell was a great player. If you don't like the man? Fine. Guess what.... I don't think a lot of people in Washington care for Steve Largent the "person", but I've yet to meet one person that will EVER question Steve Largent "the Seahawk". Do you know why? Because he played with heart and passion, just like Darrell did.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
DJack was great and he was one of my favorite players from the SB run.

I think some people do not remember him fondly because he was never a "superstar" and he kind of burned some bridges when he went to SF by saying the Seahawks promised him certain things and didn't follow through (don't know if the claim is true or not) and that he was looking forward to beating the Hawks twice a year. Usually fans don't remember a player fondly when that's how he goes out.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Can we get a DJack flag-raising sometime SOON? To my money, he has not done so.

I always loved his style. And an interview he did On the field immediately following the NFC Championship win when he proclaimed he was "going out and celebrating with the 12th man!".

SharkHawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":24pjnjrd said:
DJack was great and he was one of my favorite players from the SB run.

I think some people do not remember him fondly because he was never a "superstar" and he kind of burned some bridges when he went to SF by saying the Seahawks promised him certain things and didn't follow through (don't know if the claim is true or not) and that he was looking forward to beating the Hawks twice a year. Usually fans don't remember a player fondly when that's how he goes out.

He was promised things, and he was rightfully pissed. Holmgren promised him if he "went out and played" he'd be "taken care of later". He obviously couldn't keep that promise as he lost GM duties, but he also shouldn't have been making promises. The day Deion Branch showed up the crap hit the fan. Why in the hell was Ruskell going after Branch anyway? The team was so freaking thin at line play, and he throws all of the available money at a 5'9" possession receiver? Wow. Nice work Timmy.

I'm glad DJack at least was passionate about the whole situation. It showed he cared. I've busted my butt for an employer and my spine, and you know what I got? Crapped on. Yeah... I hope that whole organization goes up in smoke for how they treated me.... but the people I love who still work there still are loved by me and they know that. Those people deserve better. I think DJack probably felt the way I did. He felt like we deserved better as fans than having an assclown like Tim Ruskell doing stupid crap and management not following through on promises via Holmgren saying he'd take care of guys and then dropping them (look what happened to Futch). Same exact crap. Complete dysfunctional bullcrap front office that pissed off a lot of the players and frankly did the same to a lot of fans who knew what was happening. Schneider and Pete have turned the roster over what about 3 times now just to get out of that horrendous mess?

DJack was right. Maybe Paul Allen should have been listening then instead of a few years later.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":35nnkyba said:
sammyc521":35nnkyba said:
I've been searching for an old school #82 DJack jersey to go with my old school #8 Hasselbeck, old school #37 Alexander & old school #32 Ricky Watters jerseys.

DJack has been one of my favorite WRs and players for the Seahawks.
Djack ok. Hasslebeck yeah, but Ricky 2 yards not so much.
Seriously...

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Att Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng
1998 29 SEA RB 32 16 16 319 1239 9 39 3.9 77.4 19.9 52 373 7.2 0 24
1999 30 SEA RB 32 16 16 325 1210 5 45 3.7 75.6 20.3 40 387 9.7 2 25
2000 31 SEA RB 32 16 16 278 1242 7 55 4.5 77.6 17.4 63 613 9.7 2 59

Yes... that terrible run of 1,500+ yards (rushing and receiving) for a team that went 8-8, 9-7 and 6-10.

And for all the DJack haters, please relook at the stats and performance not your dislike for him as a person (who I was not as bad as you're making him out to be).

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Ricky was a monster for us. I was so glad that we didn't get Robert Smith, which is who the Hawks were originally targeting. That fell through and Ricky came to town. I never saw that guy go down easy ONCE, which was so refreshing after watching how embarrassing Chris Warren's last two years were. He'd plow into the line with his back turned and fall down. Of course, his star fell quickly when the Hawks announced they were moving while Warren and Tez were at the Pro Bowl. They asked Warren about it and he said "it will be great for ME, more exposure, nicer weather... it's a good thing." WTFFFFFF?!!!! Tez said, "I play for the SEATTLE Seahawks, that is who my contract is with. I don't have a contract with LA. I HAVE a valid contract to play in SEATTLE as a member of the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS" and then walked away from the press. AWESOME.

Seeing Ricky join the team in that period and become Mr. Seahawk on the offense was awesome. I laughed at him when he was in Phily, and then realized what a dork I was when I saw him in Seattle and realized why he got out. The Philly media sucks and so do their fans.

Latest posts