Dissapointed. Needed This Game. Going From Here

chevelle03

Reaction score
Saying our lead is 'essentially gone' if we lose to they Giants means that you think it's a certainty that we lose one of our last 2 games. both at home. you are losing it, dude. we have a 2 game lead. The only way we lose the division is if we tank and lose 2 out of our last 3 AND the niners win out.

OP
OP
P

Polaris

Reaction score
PortlandSeahawk":2cl4clez said:
If we beat the Giants and both the Niners and Saints lose we lock 1st and home field.

True. In fact I discuss that scenario in my NFC Playoff thread on the NFL page.

The Niners play Tampa Bay at Tampa Bay (4-9) and the Saints play the Rams at Saint Louis.

Very unlikely both lose. Of the two, a Saints lose is IMO more likely than a Niner's lose and I wouldn't exactly call that likely.

OP
OP
P

Polaris

Reaction score
chevelle03":15mtvl6x said:
Saying our lead is 'essentially gone' if we lose to they Giants means that you think it's a certainty that we lose one of our last 2 games. both at home. you are losing it, dude. we have a 2 game lead. The only way we lose the division is if we tank and lose 2 out of our last 3 AND the niners win out.

If we fail to beat a 5-8 team that has played terribly, how confident would you be that we'd win both divisional games (esp when one of them is the Rams that have shown they have no fear of the Clink)?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Polaris":3bxybfto said:
chevelle03":3bxybfto said:

If we fail to beat a 5-8 team that has played terribly, how confident would you be that we'd win both divisional games (esp when one of them is the Rams that have shown they have no fear of the Clink)?

The Rams have won in Seahawks Stadium/Qwest/Clink precisely one time ever: nine years ago, in 2004, in OT.

But I mean if they "have no fear" of it, I guess we should be super edgy about that game...

chevelle03

Reaction score
Polaris":2idlvxdt said:
chevelle03":2idlvxdt said:

very confident

OP
OP
P

Polaris

Reaction score
chevelle03":n2j5r4fo said:
Polaris":n2j5r4fo said:
chevelle03":n2j5r4fo said:

very confident

Really? I don't recall last year's Rams team was intinidated in the slightest by the Clink and while we won, it was a very near thing. I also remember the Rams team from earlier this year.

Do I think we should win? Yes. Do I want the season to depend it it? I'd rather not.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Polaris":2rdngsi9 said:
chevelle03":2rdngsi9 said:
Polaris":2rdngsi9 said:
chevelle03":2rdngsi9 said:

very confident

Really? I don't recall last year's Rams team was intinidated in the slightest by the Clink and while we won, it was a very near thing. I also remember the Rams team from earlier this year.

Do I think we should win? Yes. Do I want the season to depend it it? I'd rather not.

You mean the game last year that meant nothing to our playoff positioning? If the Rams game means the division (which I have zero believe it will) we will absolutely curbstomp them. Don't even sweat it a little.

OP
OP
P

Polaris

Reaction score
iigakusei":mgbud979 said:
You mean the game last year that meant nothing to our playoff positioning? If the Rams game means the division (which I have zero believe it will) we will absolutely curbstomp them. Don't even sweat it a little.

Au Contraire. We were playing for the Division Crown because the Niners were playing at the same time, and a Niner loss would have given us the division crown.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Polaris":2makb9k9 said:
iigakusei":2makb9k9 said:

Au Contraire. We were playing for the Division Crown because the Niners were playing at the same time, and a Niner loss would have given us the division crown.

Ahhh yes....I did forget that - valid point. Regardless...don't sweat it. We would destroy them.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":u304y56c said:
Raise your hand if you think either the Cards or the Rams have a chance in HELL playing at the CLink. We got this. We didn't NEED this game, and of the four we had left, this one was by FAR our greatest chance of losing. Everyone just needs to chill the F out. Sheesh. We barely lost a game. Big frickin' deal. OH NOES!!! :240039:

:roll: :34853_doh:

Rams had a chance in hell to beat us last year. This year we gave them no chance in hell in STL and they almost beat us. We didn't need the Niners to get any kind of confidence booster than they could beat us. Cards are getting hot, and are fighting for a playoff spot. These next 3 games matter a lot and they all have a chance. Hell didn't the Bucs have no chance beating us at Clink and we needed OT to beat them. I know we can beat these teams, but I'm not discounting any teams anymore. The niners game was the first game i finally gave in, drank the kool aid, and we lost. So no, I'm not overlooking any team as a fan.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2lamawdw said:
BlueThunder":2lamawdw said:
Raise your hand if you think either the Cards or the Rams have a chance in HELL playing at the CLink. We got this. We didn't NEED this game, and of the four we had left, this one was by FAR our greatest chance of losing. Everyone just needs to chill the F out. Sheesh. We barely lost a game. Big frickin' deal. OH NOES!!! :240039:

Rams had a chance in hell to beat us last year. This year we gave them no chance in hell in STL and they almost beat us. We didn't need the Niners to get any kind of confidence booster than they could beat us. Cards are getting hot, and are fighting for a playoff spot. These next 3 games matter a lot and they all have a chance. Hell didn't the Bucs have no chance beating us at Clink and we needed OT to beat them. I know we can beat these teams, but I'm not discounting any teams anymore. The niners game was the first game i finally gave in, drank the kool aid, and we lost. So no, I'm not overlooking any team as a fan.

So what you're saying is that it's your fault? :mrgreen:

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
ZagHawk":e0jiqebh said:
BlueThunder":e0jiqebh said:

...you decided that the one game we've been underdogs in all year was the time to be the most confident?

That's really more of a you problem than a Seahawks problem.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I mean it is what it is. Polaris created a thread in which to refer to pessimism as realism, to also twist words to mean something that they're not ("essentially," "basically"), and to double down in the face of every post that resisted the thoughts that he put forth. It's probably a bit silly of any of us to continue to help keep this thread alive.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jblaze":1966pd44 said:
You knew the doomsayers would come out after this one but the way I had it, we were probably going to lose one vs. NO or SF and here you go. We're still in the drivers seat and 2/3 of our remaining games are at home, we're fine.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcstandings.html

Still shows us with a 93% chance of HFA.

No way man. It's basically gone.

:lol: :lol:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Every say or do something stupid, realize it, but you can't let go? That's this thread.

sutz

Reaction score
The optimist and the pessimist
The difference is very droll.
The optimist sees the donut,
The pessimist sees the hole.

-apologies to Ogden Nash

:)

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2pkg0op0 said:
Every say or do something stupid, realize it, but you can't let go? That's this thread.

What amazes me is that folk here think that our situation will change if we increase the magnification of the microscope on the facts from 10X to 100X. Five pages later, guess what...nothing changes, but then we must consider the needs of those with a melancholy temperament. Those folk can't help themselves.