Did Stephen Williams make the roster tonight?

Did Stephen Williams make the roster tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 98 89.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yup. This was one of the individual comments I forgot to mention in my post.

Williams made the team tonight, and it wasn't from the bomb from Quinn that was underthrown slightly. It was the crossing route that he caught and outran the defense to pick up a first down.

The guy can run more than GO routes, and I'm loving it.

seatownboy

Reaction score
He was playing with the starters and the coaches were high fiving each other after he made plays. I think lynch is about as likely to make the roster as Williams.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Feel pretty good with where we're at with receivers with the emergence of Kearse and Williams plus Rice's imminent return. We're five deep at the position, even without Percy. Just gottta hope the interior pass protection gets significantly better by regular season, so we can really get the ball to these guys.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It will be weird if one of the worst teams in our division, Arizona, ends up having given us two very solid players.

Right now Williams looks like a deep threat option we really did not have, considering his speed and size. And Schofield (spellilng?) looks like he is going to help us offset the loss of Irvin for several games and give us some depth that I think will be important later.

We didn't have a lot of holes but one was the lack of a true #1 beyond Rice. Harvin might have been our deep threat but not if he cannot play and Rice takes a lot of punishment for us. I could see him having to come out for a while after a bad hit, and having someone like Williams that can step in and stretch the field is huge.

We basically got near starters for almost nothing, and they look like they are going to be contributors on a team with a legit chance at a SuperBowl.

That is pretty impressive that we basically picked these guys off someone else's roster.

knownone

Reaction score
Williams is everything I hoped Ricardo Lockette would be.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Yes he makes the team. I gotta laugh though, how come nobody talks about the TD pass he dropped from Quinn? You know the one that hit him in the shoulder/chin strap?

kearly

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":3vikpok5 said:
Yes he makes the team. I gotta laugh though, how come nobody talks about the TD pass he dropped from Quinn? You know the one that hit him in the shoulder/chin strap?

He should have caught that, but nobody bats 1.000. He had a deep drop in the previous game as well. But if catching 50 yard TD passes was easy.... yeah, see, they aren't. They are actually really hard. That Williams is converting as many as he has makes him a major weapon that defenses are going to be forced to account for.

drdiags

Reaction score
Stephen gives the Seahawks that big receiver with speed combo that Pete loves. I am not sure what the team does if/when Harvin comes back but for now Williams fits a style the team wants.

BillHawks

Reaction score
Hawks46":mwwm6k3r said:
Williams made the team tonight, and it wasn't from the bomb from Quinn that was underthrown slightly. It was the crossing route that he caught and outran the defense to pick up a first down.

The guy can run more than GO routes, and I'm loving it.

Pretty much this. The only reason I was really hesitant is that he had been really one dimensional. I'd like to see him be more active with his blocks but I'm sure they'll drill that in. Kearse last night being a prime example of what good blocking can do.

Uffda

Reaction score
Thinking he made it last week. Since he played with the first team.

OlyHawk

Reaction score
So many weapons and only one ball. He'll probably get very few targets during the season and one or two nice receptions every week. Like so many backups, he could start on some other teams.