Did Russ play like the highest paid QB in football?

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Seriously though, less than 50 yards in the first half. I know he is a baller at times, but he has been dead-eyed for the last four games. Where is the killer mentality?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Without a run game to help him, he's a different quarterback. Same could be said for any QB.

He limits turnovers and makes plays when needed.

minormillikin

Reaction score
They play a totally different game in the first half. I don't know how much blame is on Russ or Pete or schott.

balakoth

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1vss6gfz said:
Without a run game to help him, he's a different quarterback. Same could be said for any QB.

Why does everyone keep talking about the damn run game?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The good teams blitz us with 5 ... and still get to us with 4..... the RUN GAME.. and RUSSEL ... are NOT the problem

protection on all levels... is

TOPHawk

Reaction score
balakoth":3uuvwk9z said:
Jerhawk":3uuvwk9z said:

The good teams blitz us with 5 ... and still get to us with 4..... the RUN GAME.. and RUSSEL ... are NOT the problem

So much this...

That you for some sanity.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
balakoth":1kujuywm said:
Jerhawk":1kujuywm said:

Um, because the entire offense is predicated off the run. If they run, then they can take deep shots off play action.

I'm not sure what your counter argument is here.

Good run game = good Russell
No run game = bad Russell

bandiger

Reaction score
balakoth":14gqfh4g said:
Jerhawk":14gqfh4g said:

Thats my take. If not for Wilson they wouldn't even be as good as the Chargers, don't even talk about playoffs with some scrub QB getting hit as much or the hapless crap offense they run most games

Optimus25

Reaction score
I think he finally found some mojo and we're going to flat out kick Phillys ass

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Optimus25":n1kuo5b2 said:

Not with this defense.

mistaowen

Reaction score
It was very clear Russell decided to make plays in the second half and went back to scramble drill Russ. The playcalling was garbage in the first half like it’s been for a few weeks, they got momentum when Russ started to run around. Most of the big passes came from broken routes and Russell forcing defenders out of their coverages. The route trees this team uses are so basic it’s insane.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
We had protection issues in the 1st half that were cleaned up in the 2nd half. I get it though, it’s the thing now to bash Russ no matter what.

As many negative threads exist on here about Russ, you would think he’s throwing 3 interceptions every week. A shame Russell doesn’t have near unanimous support among Hawks fans the way Brees and other great QBs with Russell’s resume does.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I think some are losing sight about how hard it is to game plan against Sherman who knows their system inside and out. The 49ers stumped us for the first hald, but we made some pretty solid game plan alterations for the second.

zchurch74

Reaction score
The run game has nothing to do with our RBs. It’s all on Russ. If you actually watched the game you will see when Russ stands in the pocket for more then 3 seconds and doesn’t even try to run our offense goes no where. In the second half Russell was scrambling and running up field. When he does this our offense takes off. Defense then have to respect Russell and his legs. The offense runs off of what Russell does. If he stands in the pocket and tries to be a pocket passer when there’s nothing there we do nothing. But when he escapes and runs up field we are very hard to stop. It doesn’t matter who are running backs are it all goes back to what Rusk does

brimsalabim

Reaction score
He played like a QB who is tired of having no team around him.

John63

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3sl4xl96 said:
balakoth":3sl4xl96 said:
Jerhawk":3sl4xl96 said:

Um, because the entire offense is predicated off the run. If they run, then they can take deep shots off play action.

I'm not sure what your counter argument is here.

Good run game = good Russell
No run game = bad Russell

I can name a lot of games with no run game and good Russell. However, when your game plan stays the same, and your oline sucks you have a problem. Your idea that Wilson needs the run game more than nay other QB has been blown out of he water years ago. However, he does need time and a game plan. Something we did not have till the 2nd half today.

John63

Reaction score
Optimus25":e2ge1vtk said:

Only if they run the same type of game plan or system. If we run the same old same old we are in trouble. IF we waste a half feeling them out (I though that is what game film was for) were in trouble.

chris98251

Reaction score
2nd half we start off with Lynch busting off runs and then Homer getting yards in the flat, not surprising they had to back off and Wilson was able to work some things.

144 Million is a number, so is 11, the number of guys on offense, if the other 10 guys can't at least play average or so Wilson isn't going to put up all your Fantasy number, you all should have your own Forum really.

Latest posts