Did Referees hand New England a win?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Didn't get a good look but announcer said "New England gets a first down on a questionable PI."

Cyrus12

Reaction score
simply a bullshit call...but the pats are one of americas teams would you expect anything less. The pi call was almost as bad as the tuck rule.

Jville

Reaction score
I didn't see it either. But, it wouldn't be the first "entitlement" win they were handed.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Even without that call there was still about a minute left and the Pats were at the 30. Brady was going to score regardless.

Cleveland should have recovered the onside kick or played any form of defense in the last two minutes if they wanted to win.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
The loss actually helps the Browns. Higher draft pick. Only the Bengals would be pissed ...they would have been second seed in AFC. Brady , Manning and Breeze will always get the help of the referees ...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ivotuk":2knay0cx said:
Didn't get a good look but announcer said "New England gets a first down on a questionable PI."
Nope, the NFL refs are perfect ad never make bad calls. :sarcasm_off:

In all seriousness that was a ticky tack BS call. Call me anti-NFL and anti-commish (and I am) but I don't mind it so much when they go AGAINST the NFL's favorite teams (NE, Denver, Indy, SF, GB, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Giants, Jets) .

Polaris

Reaction score
They absolutely did. I saw the end of that game, and the officials absolutely BUTCHERED that call. Handed New England a first and goal from the 1 with time running out.

Greenhell

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1w4xpdap said:
The loss actually helps the Browns. Higher draft pick. Only the Bengals would be pissed ...they would have been second seed in AFC. Brady , Manning and Breeze will always get the help of the referees ...

I pray for the day that Russell Wilson gets that ref help to.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Although they got handed that last call, good. That "legal" hit the Browns put on Gronk was weak, so I think they deserve the loss.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
One of the worst calls of the year. PI wasn't there, and you especially don't throw that flag in the end zone at the end of the game unless it's plainly obvious. Browns got hosed big time

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
ivotuk":han9490b said:

Ya bad call, but they have been on the other side of two bad calls this year that cost them games, the pushing in the back call in the Jets game? And the the holding on Gronk in the Panthers game. So I look at it as Karma.

Brass-Knuckles

Reaction score
they sure did.. making up for the Panthers game (last play where they picked up the flag)

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Brass-Knuckles":lyqmkz70 said:
they sure did.. making up for the Panthers game (last play where they picked up the flag)

You just had to do the 5 trophies avatar, be very very quiet, it makes them mad.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
How ironic that no Hawk fan even mentioned anything about his avatar, but it makes us go into hulk mode alright, like grrrrrrrr. :roll:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":79ndc8wl said:
Brass-Knuckles":79ndc8wl said:

You just had to do the 5 trophies avatar, be very very quiet, it makes them mad.
Maybe I should make an avatar of my old bowling trophies, they are probably just as old as those and have the same amount of relevance to this present season. :th2thumbs:

rottweiler

Reaction score
I think the zebs handed the Patsies the win, yeah. Because:

1.) they are tired of getting yelled at by Tom Brady after games, and

2.) the AFC is so pathetically unbalanced this season, the NFL has passed down a official rule to the zebs to keep the teams in the conference which have the best records alive, to lend some stability to the AFC playoff picture — sort of like the way the BCS works in NCAAF.

I have no doubt we can all see why the NFL might think like that.

Like I said in another thread: Follow the money.

Erebus

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2b8mvexs said:
Brass-Knuckles":2b8mvexs said:

I don't see anything wrong with it. Five trophies is absolutely something to be proud of. Just don't bring it up as a basis for an argument predicting future success.