Did Lynch Not Hit The Hole On That Last Play?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
hawkporvida":2qrraq7g said:
Shotgun formations SUCK to run the ball period but idiot bevell doesnt believe in i formations and to put the icey on the cake we do have TWO fullbacks on the roster that were NEVER utilized .... screw bevell and pete faithfulness to that idiot !!!
This.

Smellyman

Reaction score
IrishNW":1fbpjdl0 said:
I think Lynch was expecting Wilson to keep the ball since there was room to pick up the first down on the outside. Lynch tried to cut back after the hand off and ran into the right tackle.

The LB or DE stayed home. RW couldn't have gotten it if he kept it.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
nanomoz":csvm81ic said:
Yes, Russell shoulda kept it. Lynch agreed, and was taken aback since Russ had daylight.
You must have been watching a different game because on the play I saw the RAM DE stayed home and kept containment.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Smellyman":1it5a4y8 said:
IrishNW":1it5a4y8 said:
I think Lynch was expecting Wilson to keep the ball since there was room to pick up the first down on the outside. Lynch tried to cut back after the hand off and ran into the right tackle.

The LB or DE stayed home. RW couldn't have gotten it if he kept it.

I'll watch it again. You're probably right. What happened to I formation?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Aaron Donald blew that play up immediately.. Russell hesitated a split second and they snuffed out the zone read too.

Rams just blew it up completely basically. They knew exactly what was coming

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3ng76ntn said:
This offense will have to get better or this season is going to be on a downward trajectory. That's everyone Wilson wasn't great today and made some bad decisions that hurt us the read option has to be part of this offense .
The OL will have to get better and the WRs not named Lockett will need to improve but the biggest thing holding back our offense is our coaching.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":8miz3pc5 said:
Aaron Donald blew that play up immediately.. Russell hesitated a split second and they snuffed out the zone read too.

Rams just blew it up completely basically. They knew exactly what was coming

Hell, I knew exactly what was coming! Everybody did!

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawknation2015":11185374 said:
HawkFan72":11185374 said:
That playcall was just Bevell giving everyone what they have been asking for.

Then he should have run it on 3rd down when we had a chance . . . or run it out of an I-formation with a freaking lead blocker.

Why is Tukuafu being paid if he is not going to be used?

Everyone knows that you use a 280 lb fullback on a screen play, not on 4th and a foot. Wait...what ?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Yep let's blame the quarterback and OC for Lynch's hesitation and the soft line.
Had we not run Lynch and failed y'all be crying SB49 all over again.

Just shows that we need time for new pieces to gel.

erik2690

Reaction score
Maybe a hole on the left side to dive through for a quick second? Hard to know, but on the replay it looks like enough of a lane to get the yard.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Gilliam got driven back right into his lap by the time he got the ball. No chance

justafan

Reaction score
That is one of out bread and butter plays.It looked slow and poorly ran.I would have to watch again but it Looked like Wilson should have kept it.
I dont feel it was Lynches fault at all.

Rob12

Reaction score
Shotgun formation runs on fourth down with the game on line. Thanks again, Mr. Bevell. That was horrendous.

bryantology79

Reaction score
donald and brockers were waiting for him so like always he had to improvise with the side step only to find out long was also waiting for him.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sometimes Marshawn is human. It's okay to recognize that.

There was a huge hole, and he hesitated and allowed the interior pressure to get there. It happens. It's possible that Russ gripped it too long, but I think it was the hesitation that killed it.

davidonmi

Reaction score
justafan":2n0c0m7c said:
That is one of out bread and butter plays.It looked slow and poorly ran.I would have to watch again but it Looked like Wilson should have kept it.
I dont feel it was Lynches fault at all.
long is right there to make the tackle if russell keeps it. he probably loses 3 or 4

kearly

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201509130 ... tab=videos

There was a big hole between the left guard and left tackle, the Rams LBs got sucked up and left that gap wide open. Would have not only been a first down, but probably a HUGE run if Lynch hits it. But he would have needed to hit it right away. Lynch hesitated, Donald slips past Nowak after being blocked for a tick, RT Gilliam got owned by his guy too. Game.

It was one of the few mistakes Lynch made in this game. He will usually read those correctly. I think Lynch decided very early in that play that he wanted to follow Sweezy, and for what it's worth Sweezy did do his job. The two guys around him, no so much.

erik2690

Reaction score
kearly":2cc1nyhy said:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015091301/2015/REG1/seahawks@rams#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000529256&tab=videos

There was a big hole between the left guard and left tackle, the Rams LBs got sucked up and left that gap wide open. Would have not only been a first down, but probably a HUGE run if Lynch hits it. But he would have needed to hit it right away. Lynch hesitated, Donald slips past Nowak after being blocked for a tick, RT Gilliam got owned by his guy too. Game.

It was one of the few mistakes Lynch made in this game. He will usually read those correctly. I think Lynch decided very early in that play that he wanted to follow Sweezy, and for what it's worth Sweezy did do his job. The two guys around him, no so much.

This is what I saw as well. Fairly good hole, but it closed quick. He immediately seemed to want the right side and that got blown apart so once he realized he needed to go left that wave from the right had already got there. There was a LB who maybe could have got to that hole, but not before a 1st down if he hits it quick. Just seemed like he was locked in to going right a bit and so when he couldn't there was a slight hesitation. Unfortunate, but I don't blame him at all, quick read that was a tough play.

There was moments/things throughout that were costly overall. I can't help but focus mainly on the Rams last regulation drive though. It's unfair maybe, but if I expect this D to stop from a TD when that would basically end the game. Granted the D got the TD to put it in that spot, but gotta finish. That's just one part, but my mind goes there.