Deflategate basically over after today's press conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonstout

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1b6em381 said:
rideaducati":1b6em381 said:
Belichick is used to the local Boston media. I'm positive they all buy this explanation because of their cumulative IQ, but the rest of the nation knows this is TOTAL BS. I can't believe that Belichick thinks EVERYONE IN THE WORLD is this dumb.

Well it's easy if the rest of the world actually IS that dumb to believe these total freakin ESPN jackasses like Brunell and Bettis, who were both beaten by the Patriots multiple times in big games.

You've been had, face it. There was no wrongdoing, sorry that ruins your day.

Unfortunately for the Hawks, they're going to have to pay the price for this. NE will have laser focus for this one.

The only way prepping a ball could raise the psi by 1 is if the temp of the air inside the ball was raised over 40 degrees F. You are dumb enough to believe rubbing a ball can do that. People that understand PV=nRT obviuosly know it's impossible unless they heated the footballs before they were inspected or let air out afterwards. The fact that Belicheat tried to cover it up with. Lies will make next years punishment worse. Your team is a bunch of cheaters.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Name a debate that has a possible scientific aspect to it and you will find "cooked science" to support either side's position.

What makes this even more meaningless is not only the lack "process" as Scott mentioned, but also the fact it was done retroactively by the accused party. Not sure there is any existing data to support anything they're trying to claim. The simple calculation PV=NRT has not, and should apply.

Basically, this means nothing other than "we're desperate to cover this up".

vonstout

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2x3990d3 said:
rideaducati":2x3990d3 said:
50yrpatsfan":2x3990d3 said:
rideaducati":2x3990d3 said:
Belichick is used to the local Boston media. I'm positive they all buy this explanation because of their cumulative IQ, but the rest of the nation knows this is TOTAL BS. I can't believe that Belichick thinks EVERYONE IN THE WORLD is this dumb.

Well it's easy if the rest of the world actually IS that dumb to believe these total freakin ESPN jackasses like Brunell and Bettis, who were both beaten by the Patriots multiple times in big games.

Unfortunately for the Hawks, they're going to have to pay the price for this. NE will have laser focus for this one.

No wrongdoing? Facts say otherwise. I'm sure it will come out eventually because they are now going through a lot of film from years gone by. The Patriots have probably been doing this for quite a while and some team out there has video proof, they just have to find it.

Just the circumstantial evidence of fumbles/play will show the NFL where to start watching the film. The Patriots have fewer fumbles because a flatter ball is easier to keep a hold of for running backs and that alone is an unfair advantage. Brady has had a ball in bad weather that is easier to hold on to because it is deflated. WRs catch the ball easier because it is softer and easier to catch. Again, unfair competitive advantage.

The deflated balls helped more than just Tom Brady and there is ZERO amount of scientific evidence that can prove how it was only the Patriots footballs that lost air pressure.

Face it, your team has been caught cheating...again. That cheating didn't win them the game against the Colts, but there IS a game that it did help them sometime in the past. It could have been a bad weather game where it helped Tommy Boy hold the ball better. It could have been a game where a properly inflated ball would have been fumbled away, or a difficult catch that would have been dropped but wasn't, so the Patriots won the game.

It is you that has been duped. Keep drinking the kool-aid.

None of this deflategate will be resolved prior to next Sunday, and I wouldn't want it any other way. The Seahawks will beat the Patriots with properly inflated balls and they won't be fooled by ineligible players lined up at WR. The Seahawks will beat the Patriots because the Seahawks are the better team.

After the Superbowl and before the preseason, I fully expect fines and suspensions for your beloved coach and/or QB. It could derail next season for the Cheatriots, but then, I won't really care. They'll have gotten less punishment than they deserve either way.

GO HAWKS!

Sorry you're just wrong. Pats are in the clear after today. This was about science all along, not ball boys. Sorry that you and other birthers are in a dither over this.

If BB told you he could crap gold, you'd believe that too.

vonstout

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1s3kez7o said:
hawknation2015":1s3kez7o said:
50yrpatsfan":1s3kez7o said:
This is the best run organization in sports with a very veteran staff.

You know you are making this claim on the board of the reigning Super Bowl champions, right?

I guarantee you won't be singing the same tune after we Re-Pete.

:th2thumbs:

Get real. NE has owned this league for the past 15 years. They own 3 Lombardi's and came within a literal whisker of 3 more. The Hawks until they prove otherwise are just another 1 time winner. And trust me they aren't winning this one.

Not having a trophy over the last decade is a funny way to describe owning the league.

vonstout

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":21wyzxvf said:
razor150":21wyzxvf said:
The Pats fans in this thread are freaking delusonal. Billicheck just explained the process of taking an underinflated ball, by 1 psi, and making it temporarily at the league minimum during testing. He just told you how he cheated, yet you al buy it hook line and sinker. To get under pressure as much as the balls were they had to start below pressure before prepping. So they were purposely under inflating them.

Uh, no. The scuffing/rubbing of footballs is legal as of 2006 or 7. Peyton Manning lobbied the league to allow QB's to prepare the surface of the football so it's not slippery and easier to grip. Every QB does it, it's not illegal or unethical or anything of that nature. Eli Manning has had major articles published about this, Brady described in his presser that they rub down the balls etc. That's what has led to the teams having possession of the game balls before submitting them to the ref.

It sounds to me that nobody realized that doing this raises psi. And even it anyone did, it's not against any rule.

That's the problem you have. I have an engineering degree, so I know for a. FACT that rubbing a ball with your hands can't raise the pressure 1 psi. Friction is what raises the temperature. It would be like starting a fire by rubbing sticks together. If the Pats personnel that prepped the balls all have third degree burns on their hands that would help Belicheats fantasy story. ;)

JustTheTip

Reaction score
vonstout":3kfb5zed said:
50yrpatsfan":3kfb5zed said:
rideaducati":3kfb5zed said:

The only way prepping a ball could raise the psi by 1 is if the temp of the air inside the ball was raised over 40 degrees F. You are dumb enough to believe rubbing a ball can do that. People that understand PV=nRT obviuosly know it's impossible unless they heated the footballs before they were inspected or let air out afterwards. The fact that Belicheat tried to cover it up with. Lies will make next years punishment worse. Your team is a bunch of cheaters.

You don't know. Maybe their prep procedure includes using a couple of these:

Kalamazoo belt sander s14d

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
vonstout":1rxysli1 said:
50yrpatsfan":1rxysli1 said:
razor150":1rxysli1 said:
The Pats fans in this thread are freaking delusonal. Billicheck just explained the process of taking an underinflated ball, by 1 psi, and making it temporarily at the league minimum during testing. He just told you how he cheated, yet you al buy it hook line and sinker. To get under pressure as much as the balls were they had to start below pressure before prepping. So they were purposely under inflating them.

Uh, no. The scuffing/rubbing of footballs is legal as of 2006 or 7. Peyton Manning lobbied the league to allow QB's to prepare the surface of the football so it's not slippery and easier to grip. Every QB does it, it's not illegal or unethical or anything of that nature. Eli Manning has had major articles published about this, Brady described in his presser that they rub down the balls etc. That's what has led to the teams having possession of the game balls before submitting them to the ref.

It sounds to me that nobody realized that doing this raises psi. And even it anyone did, it's not against any rule.

That's the problem you have. I have an engineering degree, so I know for a. FACT that rubbing a ball with your hands can't raise the pressure 1 psi. Friction is what raises the temperature. It would be like starting a fire by rubbing sticks together. If the Pats personnel that prepped the balls all have third degree burns on their hands that would help Belicheats fantasy story.

Nobody said anything about rubbing with their hands. They use a wire brush and scrape the finish right off the ball.

vonstout

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3052shcu said:
Our Man in Chicago":3052shcu said:
What I found strange was the Bill Belichick was attempting to justify a drop to 11 PSI. The 11 balls were initially said to have been deflated to at most 10 PSI. If the best he could do in his independent testing was not enough to make the established benchmark, then what are Patriots fans arguing about? The impossibility of the 2-2.5 PSI drop under natural circumstances has just been demonstrated under Coach Belichick.

Their tests accounted for a 1.5 psi drop in psi. The rumors put out by the nfl through leaks were a 2 psi drop to 10.5. So if they've proven that 75% of this mystery drop is due to mother nature, and that every single football ever made is actually different cause it's made from organic material, that we still have an issue here?

Their STORY accounted for 1.5 psi, not a test. A test would show it's not possible without a needle, heater or automated means of rubbing the ball to generate enough friction to increase the temp.

salamander

Reaction score
Even if no one actually let the air out of the balls after they were inspected by the officials, its pretty obvious that the Pats intentionally doctored/conditioned the balls so they would lose pressure after inspection.

If a team spent that much effort to get the ball exactly right, they would notice a 20% change in air pressure when they were playing.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
they've proven

This is the problem, right here. They've proven nothing. An experiment that has not been published - or this this case, even released to the public - is just talk. Which is what Bill Belichick did a lot of.

What exactly was done to the footballs in their "test" and before the game is unproven. And even if this was true, 75% is not 100%. For footballs to lose 2 PSI in three hours in with only a 13ºF drop is literally impossible, unless the 11 footballs were all poorly manufactured (beyond the realm of statistical possibility) or were were pre-doctored before the officials examined them (still illegal).

hawk45

Reaction score
Belichick: OMG guys, I'm a really accountable dude, so I totes did my own investigation. And I found out that it is our bad!!! Our ball guys take a couple of swipes at the balls with brushes, and they inflate by like 5 pounds!!!
At any rate, we're sorry. And now that I've proven to everyone this was a terrible accident, you won't mind that since our ball prep is always the same, we've been playing with under-inflated footballs for 8 years amirite? Amirite? The NFL had no evidence of past misdeeds but since I totally PROVED what happened exactly with SCIENCE, there's no question it also went on every other game for the last decade. Man that's rough, but hey, like I said, accident!!!!

50yrpatsfan: Oh thank GOD for a while there I was concerned there might have been CHEATING going on!!!

47degreesn

Reaction score
Using physics...

Ideal gas law
PV=nRT

P=pressure of gas
V=volume

n=substance of gas
R=gas constant
T=temperature

If you pumped air into a ball at room temperature the ball shouldn't deflate since all the variables stay the same. But if you pump HOT AIR, as soon as it cooled down, using this equation, the temperature would go down reducing the pressure and volume of the gas.

Imagine if the Patriots strategically pumped balls with hot air just in time for referee check and then a couple hours later deflates when exposed to cold temperature and cooling of the air.

pats(t)roll

Reaction score
Lol ur blind hatred for the pats is ridiculous. As soon as this non-story story came out haters everywhere jumped on it like a pot of gold.
BB: our football preparation of rubbing, placing substances on the balls, and breaking them in causes a small increase in psi.

Haters: pfft like that is even remotely possible. Its clearly much more likely that officials for once did their job and guaged the balls to 12.5 pregame, then a secret patriots ninja snuck onto the field, past thousands of eyes and cameras, stole the balls, removed exactly 2 psi from each, then returned them without leaving any evidence or anyone seeing. Oh and its clear they have been doing this for every game for a decade.

http://cdndata.bigfooty.com/2014/06/620 ... e15ed.jpeg
(haters)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":29rzdu8i said:
Lol ur blind hatred for the pats is ridiculous. As soon as this non-story story came out haters everywhere jumped on it like a pot of gold.
BB: our football preparation of rubbing, placing substances on the balls, and breaking them in causes a small increase in psi.

Haters: pfft like that is even remotely possible. Its clearly much more likely that officials for once did their job and guaged the balls to 12.5 pregame, then a secret patriots ninja snuck onto the field, past thousands of eyes and cameras, stole the balls, removed exactly 2 psi from each, then returned them without leaving any evidence or anyone seeing. Oh and its clear they have been doing this for every game for a decade.
LOL, your blind loyalty is showing. Don't be a rube and use your common sense, if you have any.

kudos for the screen name however, it fits! :th2thumbs:

Foghawk

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":11sgrvy5 said:

(haters)

6a011571fbc6ed970b0133f38d2925970b pi

JustTheTip

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":1ncvnk6p said:

(haters)

So instead we should believe that:

1) Brady didn't notice that the balls at game time didn't meet the stringent requirements he set forth at prep
2) All the games balls were so uniformly prepped that they all ended up at the same exact pressure at game time
3) But one of the balls wasn't prepped at all and didn't have the same pressure drop despite Tom Brady meticulously picking his 12 balls prior to every game
4) A drastic divergence from the rest of the NFL in a statistic that can be heavily impacted by under inflation of the ball starting at a time when there was a rule change that would allow this to have double the impact is purely coincidental

Like I said before. The Patriots should have to disclose the prep procedure (that they likely developed this week to accommodate their alibi) to the NFL, have the NFL independently verify their results, and then be allowed to perform ONLY that prep procedure under supervision (since it is obviously a very uniform and exacting procedure) to the Super Bowl balls on balls that are no less than 12.5 psi at ambient temperature prior to the start of the prep procedure. If the Patriots then proceed to fumble at above their average rate for the game, it will be quite telling.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
So anybody unconvinced by BB's explanation is a 'hater'? Got it.

Has there been a single rational-thinking Pats fan on this board, not driven by 'blind' faith and fandom?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":tnm0ph83 said:
So anybody unconvinced by BB's explanation is a 'hater'? Got it.

Has there been a single rational-thinking Pats fan on this board, not driven by 'blind' faith and fandom?

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts