Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":3ft5gqe2 said:
Foghawk":3ft5gqe2 said:
pats(t)roll":3ft5gqe2 said:
Largefarva":3ft5gqe2 said:
psssst.....the only guy that got caught for doing PED's is on your team. Just thought you might like to know that.

Oh, and we hate the Patriots for many more reasons than the fact that they are known cheaters.

"The Seahawks'€™ list of PED offenders includes Bruce Irvin (four-game PED suspension), Richard Sherman (victoriously appealed four-game PED suspension) and Brandon Browner (four-game PED suspension), to name a few. So bad was the testing-positive problem, safety Kam Chancellor publicly said his team needed to "grow up" in May, a message spread by vets."

BB's performance was enhanced while he was on your team guy.

PEDs provide a much bigger boost than having a camera on the sideline.

So when was it exactly that Coach Carroll and Wilson lied and claimed it never happened?

Don't know, don't care. Wouldn't bother me if they did because I'm not obsessed with finding reasons to hate on a team because they're successful. Stop acting like the patriots ran some covert operation and tried to cover it all up. They put a guy with full patriots gear on the sideline with a camera in front of the entire stadium. Weren't exactly trying to hide anything.
Most Hawk fans don't have any problem with the patriots success. It didn't come at our expense. And we see beating the Patriots in 2012 as part of Wilson's emergence as a QB.

But nobody likes liars.

pats(t)roll

Reaction score
"Most Hawk fans don't have any problem with the patriots success. It didn't come at our expense. And we see beating the Patriots in 2012 as part of Wilson's emergence as a QB.

But nobody likes liars."

The lying occurs as soon as the rules are broken. As soon as a player uses a substance that he has signed a contract saying he won't use, he is a liar. So, I don't know how you watch the NFL when literally every single team in it lies at some point.

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1hr2enjs said:
I'm starting to feel a little concerned for the mental health of all these cheating defenders. It's going to be catastrophic when the hammer falls. I guess that's what the airtight denial mode is for, to protect against the impending nuclear meltdown.

Beyond just having factual evidence from an investigation, haven't you guys been watching the NFL? They banned a head coach for an entire year just for maybe kinda not forcing his D coordinator to stop an internal bounty system that may or may not have had any affect on the game. The NFL banned a player for a year for punching his fiancee, something that had nothing to do with the game. The Patriots have called into question every game they've played over the past 7 years or so. They've put Goodell in a position to look like either a man of integrity intent on defending the shield from tarnish, or the billionaires' stooge.

Your team will pay dearly. Either get used to it and deal with the reality of the siituation, or continue with your "haters gonna hate, we're victimized, conspiracy, fake science" nonsense. Your proneness to Patriots propaganda doesn't matter to other fans, or the game next Sunday, or the future of the League. How you choose to confront the crime and punishment only affects your own psyche.

Call 1-800-IHATENE. You'll be connected to a counseling service intended to help people manage their Patriots hate so it doesn't consume their whole life. It's a nationwide org, with active chapters in many cities. There's got to be a local office in the Northwest and/or BC, from what I've seen on this board the past couple of days.

Most group plans cover it, and I think now that this crisis has reached epidemic status across the US, Obamacare may even as well. Good luck. Recovery is 1 day at a time.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":24m2ypbw said:
HawkAroundTheClock":24m2ypbw said:
I'm starting to feel a little concerned for the mental health of all these cheating defenders. It's going to be catastrophic when the hammer falls. I guess that's what the airtight denial mode is for, to protect against the impending nuclear meltdown.

Beyond just having factual evidence from an investigation, haven't you guys been watching the NFL? They banned a head coach for an entire year just for maybe kinda not forcing his D coordinator to stop an internal bounty system that may or may not have had any affect on the game. The NFL banned a player for a year for punching his fiancee, something that had nothing to do with the game. The Patriots have called into question every game they've played over the past 7 years or so. They've put Goodell in a position to look like either a man of integrity intent on defending the shield from tarnish, or the billionaires' stooge.

Your team will pay dearly. Either get used to it and deal with the reality of the siituation, or continue with your "haters gonna hate, we're victimized, conspiracy, fake science" nonsense. Your proneness to Patriots propaganda doesn't matter to other fans, or the game next Sunday, or the future of the League. How you choose to confront the crime and punishment only affects your own psyche.

You did kinda leave out the part where the NFL has no evidence that the patriots ever tampered with their footballs. So ya, if Goodell wants to look like a man of integrity he won't punish them for something they didn't do

You mean besides all their balls but the one the punter uses being under inflated and the statistical history supporting on ongoing use of under inflated balls since a rule change made it even more advantageous to do so, right?

I also like how the these Patsies continue to spew "but you provide no evidence or science" while completely ignoring posts in this thread trying to discuss exactly that.

vonstout

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":37ztrmgr said:
HawkAroundTheClock":37ztrmgr said:

You did kinda leave out the part where the NFL has no evidence that the patriots ever tampered with their footballs. So ya, if Goodell wants to look like a man of integrity he won't punish them for something they didn't do

So I just showed you with the ideal gas law that BB's story was crap as did numerous other people that understand it. If the Pats heated the balls to get to 12.5 psi, that's just as bad as letting the air out after they were checked. Who else, other than the Patriots would have been responsible? Stop saying that Bb proved that the weather did it because it makes you look ignorant.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":3oqc2k33 said:
"Most Hawk fans don't have any problem with the patriots success. It didn't come at our expense. And we see beating the Patriots in 2012 as part of Wilson's emergence as a QB.

But nobody likes liars."

The lying occurs as soon as the rules are broken. As soon as a player uses a substance that he has signed a contract saying he won't use, he is a liar. So, I don't know how you watch the NFL when literally every single team in it lies at some point.

First, understand that I don't hate the Patriots, though it is getting easier.
Understand also that I was talking about stupid press conferences your team held this week.
Clearly, talking x's and o's is not why you ever showed up here anyway.
Keep trying to make your point, though.

You are welcome to pretend we all hate your team, though.
Understand that you are in general a team we see once every 4 years. Why hate you?
Of course, you are free to be as stupid as you want to be.

vonstout

Reaction score
Bitter":386zptjy said:
pats(t)roll":386zptjy said:
HawkAroundTheClock":386zptjy said:

You mean besides all their balls but the one the punter uses being under inflated and the statistical history supporting on ongoing use of under inflated balls since a rule change made it even more advantageous to do so, right?

I also like how the these Patsies continue to spew "but you provide no evidence or science" while completely ignoring posts in this thread trying to discuss exactly that.

Sorry, Bitter. You are misinformed. The kicking balls are handled separately. Follow up stories have stated that all 12 balls were under inflated, but the last one wasn't as low as the other 11.

pats(t)roll

Reaction score
Bitter":1iyrw812 said:
pats(t)roll":1iyrw812 said:
HawkAroundTheClock":1iyrw812 said:

Of course the balls were under inflated, no one is disputing that. We are disputing why. And so far there is no evidence that 1. the officials did their job or 2. the pats tampered with them after the fact

JustTheTip

Reaction score
vonstout":1p1llq7b said:
Bitter":1p1llq7b said:
pats(t)roll":1p1llq7b said:
HawkAroundTheClock":1p1llq7b said:

Sorry, Bitter. You are misinformed. The kicking balls are handled separately. Follow up stories have stated that all 12 balls were under inflated, but the last one wasn't as low as the other 11.

You are correct, I was misinformed. I was under the impression the kicking balls were used for place kicks only. Thought the punters used the normal game balls. Kind of more damning this way though. If one ball wasn't prepped differently for the punter than why would there be the anomaly between that ball and the rest if they all follow the same exact stringent prepping procedure.

vonstout

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":2h6f3t1n said:
Bitter":2h6f3t1n said:
pats(t)roll":2h6f3t1n said:
HawkAroundTheClock":2h6f3t1n said:

Of course the balls were under inflated, no one is disputing that. We are disputing why. And so far there is no evidence that 1. the officials did their job or 2. the pats tampered with them after the fact

Teams break in the balls by using them in practice and rubbing them down. Brady even said that. If your team was doing something to raise the temp so they would get "flat" afterwards, I'm betting the league will agree with me that they were cheating since as I already showed you would require the air temp to be over 150 degrees to cause the ball to go down to 10.5 psi.

Foghawk

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":3jgwggsd said:

All get from this is the Pats believe it's ok to break the rules as long as they don't get caught by the officials.

vonstout

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":lr1h9w1t said:
Bitter":lr1h9w1t said:
pats(t)roll":lr1h9w1t said:
HawkAroundTheClock":lr1h9w1t said:

I think it's funny that you think it's more likely that the officials didn't do their job on just the Pat's balls and don't find it a problem that they are "breaking "in their balls right before they are going to measure the pressure. Brady must want them to be hand warders before he goes outside to warm up for the game. :sarcasm_off:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
vonstout":3r0bldao said:
Teams break in the balls by using them in practice and rubbing them down. Brady even said that. If your team was doing something to raise the temp so they would get "flat" afterwards, I'm betting the league will agree with me that they were cheating since as I already showed you would require the air temp to be over 150 degrees to cause the ball to go down to 10.5 psi.

Martin Schmaltz, a Professor of Physics at Boston University, explained the truths and myths of Deflategate to Boston.com, and helped outline a theory where the Patriots could have easily passed the NFL’s pregame tests with the same footballs that failed to meet the league’s mandated standards at halftime . . . .

However, the NFL found that 11 of the Patriots 12 balls were “underinflated by about 2 pounds each.” In order for a ball to register a 10.5 PSI in a 50 degree environment but register a 12.5 PSI in the testing environment, the ball would have to have been inflated, stored, and/or tested in a 91 degree environment.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... story.html

pats(t)roll

Reaction score
Teams break in the balls by using them in practice and rubbing them down. Brady even said that. If your team was doing something to raise the temp so they would get "flat" afterwards, I'm betting the league will agree with me that they were cheating since as I already showed you would require the air temp to be over 150 degrees to cause the ball to go down to 10.5 psi.[/quote]

I really doubt the team nuked the balls before hand. The officials would have to noticed if they picked up a ball that was over 100 degrees

vonstout

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":ebtnnoh3 said:

I really doubt the team nuked the balls before hand. The officials would have to noticed if they picked up a ball that was over 100 degrees[/quote]

See. I've shown you facts and you are agreeing that BB's STORY doesn't add up

hawknation2015

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":2z3rooq4 said:
I really doubt the team nuked the balls before hand. The officials would have to noticed if they picked up a ball that was over 100 degrees

Rubbing the balls alone would not have changed the PSI, according to Martin Schmaltz, a Professor of Physics at Boston University. Even slamming the balls against the ground would not lower the PSI. The only way to affect the PSI is with heat.

If the balls were inflated, stored, and tested outside in 50 degree weather, there’s no explanation for how the PSI could drop so significantly. Schmaltz also debunks Tom Brady’s claim that Rob Gronkowski can deflate a football by spiking it. According to Schmaltz, the wear and tear of the football game will have minimal impact on the air pressure inside the football.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... story.html

It's possible the Patriots have been heating their balls in pregame since at least 2011, when Brady made this comment. They would then have to cool the exterior, while the air inside remains in a heated state. I think Brady made that comment about Gronkowski's deflating the ball in order to cover his tracks in case they were ever found out.

Of course, this could all just be subterfuge by Belichick. The team's ball handlers could easily manually deflate the balls once they are turned over to them after inspection.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":beb9jka8 said:

So what had to have happened for the footballs to have deflated due to the ideal gas law stated above could not have happened?

What is this mystical ball-prep process that defies the laws of physics and reason? You don't know what the process is any more than the NFL, but you're taking the word of your Prophet over reason. If BB comes out after the Super Bowl to tell you about Golden Plates, Seer Stones, a lost tribe of Israel in the Americas, and the Angel Moroni, don't say that you haven't been warned.

Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

South park s07e12c04 joseph smith part 1 16x9

pats(t)roll

Reaction score
vonstout":1s83wrtb said:
pats(t)roll":1s83wrtb said:

See. I've shown you facts and you are agreeing that BB's STORY doesn't add up[/quote]

Incorrect as heating the balls to 150 degrees was never part of the explanation.

Also, you keeping pointing to the ideal gas law. That provides only theoretical calculations. FFS I literally remember using the ideal gas law in chem lab to find the theoretical value, and then running the experiment to find the actual value and recording the difference. There's a significant difference in the two even in a laboratory setting not to mention the football world where there are far more variables.

PV=nRT is virtually irrelevant in this case.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":d2dclkcj said:
HawkAroundTheClock":d2dclkcj said:

Call 1-800-IHATENE. You'll be connected to a counseling service intended to help people manage their Patriots hate so it doesn't consume their whole life. It's a nationwide org, with active chapters in many cities. There's got to be a local office in the Northwest and/or BC, from what I've seen on this board the past couple of days.

Most group plans cover it, and I think now that this crisis has reached epidemic status across the US, Obamacare may even as well. Good luck. Recovery is 1 day at a time.
Cute story. Feel free to browse any of my 1800 posts. You won't find one mention of hating the Patriots, because I don't and never have. I'm simply not a fan of cheating, nor am I prone to propaganda.

So I refer you to my previous statement: your airtight denial mode serves only to protect yourself against the impending punishment, and remaining in that mode only affects your own psyche. That and others' perception of you as irrational.

But if you value blind team allegiance over ethics, that's your right. All we're doing is showing you the pitfalls of such priorities, what scientific inquiry can prove, and the NFL's history of dealing with people who mess with the integrity of the game and cast doubt on the League's veracity. Whether you accept or understand it doesn't matter, and you've made it clear that you will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.