DeBoer likely going to Bama

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I think DeBoer is a very competent coach. HOWEVER, a lot of what he built at Washington was him selling the idea of "family" and "culture" and all that. So him turning around and taking the Bama job will make this a much tougher sell to future recruits. And not only that, his recruiting wasn't exactly stellar at Washington either, and he has even fewer ties in the SEC region.

I think DeBoer has made a big mistake. He had built up years of good will with Washington, and had something going. Now he's chosen to be the successor to the best coach in Alabama history. Remember, Alabama isn't an automatic perennial contender. For decades they were mediocre before Saban took over. Part of the reason Saban quit is likely due to NIL and transfer portal stuff, which makes it a bit tougher for programs like Alabama who had the fortune of having talented players 2 or 3 deep on the entire roster.

I won't be surprised if he succeeds at Alabama, but won't be surprised if he fails either. Will be interesting.

DJrmb

Reaction score
It's kind of interesting everything going on with this. DeBoer in one of his interviews after accepting the Bama job specifically said that when the offer came in he went and talked to all his coaches and said "do we want to do this"? He made it seem like it was all of them really wanting to take the opportunity and like they were all connected and on the same page...

But then we heard rumblings that Grubb wanted to stay back and be the UW head coach.

And now Grubb chose a job with the Seahawks to stay in Seattle, and has at least 1 other coach, maybe more coming with him...

Was DeBoer misunderstanding his staffs desires? Or was he outright lying about that comment he made about his staff really wanting the Bama opportunity?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cool story. He's a fraud. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
And feel free to piss off. Nobody is crying but you.

Last edited:

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Isn‘t the fraud angle that he talked the school loyalty game while negotiating in secret with Alabama? Contrast that to Fisch who didn’t swear allegiance when the question came up in his press conference.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Asking for loyalty whilst UW has none itself is RICH. Welcome to modern college football. But by all means, keep crying. It's ******* hilarious.
I'm a UW guy myself, but Jedd Fisch will likely be gone in 3 years as well. That's just the current landscape of College ball nowadays. I don't blame KDB one bit for taking the Bama job. It was an opportunity that doesn't come around very often for coaches.

The truth is that he wasn't a great recruiter. Most of that team was either graduating or leaving early for the draft. UW was going to take a step back with or without Kalen. That's just a fact.

Hiring Jedd, was probably the best case scenario, considering the fallout.

Last edited:

Latest posts