Dear Russ HATERS

Rat

Reaction score
I don't buy that there are Russ "haters". He has gone though stretches before where he looked less than immortal, but this has been something different the past three weeks. Clearly, something is going on, whether that's an injury, or he's just overwhelmed with the insane burden put on him, but I don't see the harm in questioning what's wrong. It's not like anyone is talking about benching him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great points. It's shocking how he is playing lately. Pushing way too hard to carry the team instead of just taking what the defense gives him. Just not used to seeing the decision making we are seeing recently.
Win as a team lose as a team. Unfortunately, for THIS team, he has to be on his A game or very close to it for them to win games. And others have mentioned Carson and the running game. It's a completely different offense w/Carson or Hyde in there. It takes pressure off Russ, makes the defense have to concentrate on something other than passing all day long, and he clearly plays with more confidence when Carson is in there.
Any QB out there benefits greatly from a solid running game. It's way too easy for opposing defenses when the Hawks are so one dimensional. Call it coaching, injuries, lack of adjustments, Russ pushing too hard, whatever it is, the team is slumping. But it all changes tomorrow night 8)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
What's so damned hard for some of y'all to understand, hell, I get why he's struggling so much right now, and I feel for the guy; IF he get's help with a run game, the Defenses can't just key on him, and him alone, but, you can't just throw RB light, and play ONE dimensional at these high octane Defenses, ESPECIALLY if Schots doesn't game plan more protection (TE's) or whatever the hell, because when those Defenses decide to pin their ears back, and occasionally rush 5, Russ is going to get hit, and or sacked multiple times.
You just CANNOT get roughed up WAY MORE frequently than any other Quarterback in the League without it not taking a toll on his play.
Everyone talks about him not getting any help from his Defense, and maybe that's true, but holy crap, I don't remember a single one of them in there blocking for him.
I just think it's damned unrealistic to chide a guy that's throwing 120% of himself at trying to right a sinking ship....Yeah, he always takes the blame, but really?, some of y'all expectations are waaaaay unrealistic. :177692:

pmedic920

Reaction score
Welshers":phykvg7m said:
Maelstrom787":phykvg7m said:
Back on point:

There is a middle road here. Russell's play of late certainly warrants a fair amount of criticism. He isn't protecting the ball, he's a bit off on his placement, and he's been making some overall bad decisions.

The criticism should stop there. Posters who bring his personal motivations into it and question his worth ethic are making a huuuuuuge stretch that is, frankly, laughable.

But, yes. Russell deserves a fair amount of criticism based on his subpar play. I have no doubt he'll turn it around, as he is an incredibly special talent and I have no reason at all to believe his cold streak to be anything more than an aberration.
This is exactly what I am saying. People are misunderstanding or not reading my post. I understand the criticism of his play, though I am one to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it's totally free game. What I am tired of is the personal motivation stuff.

What do you mean by you’re tired of “the personal motivation stuff”?

John63

Reaction score
pmedic920":14jihwxl said:
Welshers":14jihwxl said:
Maelstrom787":14jihwxl said:
Back on point:

There is a middle road here. Russell's play of late certainly warrants a fair amount of criticism. He isn't protecting the ball, he's a bit off on his placement, and he's been making some overall bad decisions.

The criticism should stop there. Posters who bring his personal motivations into it and question his worth ethic are making a huuuuuuge stretch that is, frankly, laughable.

But, yes. Russell deserves a fair amount of criticism based on his subpar play. I have no doubt he'll turn it around, as he is an incredibly special talent and I have no reason at all to believe his cold streak to be anything more than an aberration.
This is exactly what I am saying. People are misunderstanding or not reading my post. I understand the criticism of his play, though I am one to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it's totally free game. What I am tired of is the personal motivation stuff.

well I cant say this is what he is thinking but here are a few that piss me off

he is not focused on football
his wife
his kids
pretty much anything that is not football
etc etc

I can say he has been playing bad, I do think some of it is him, i also think there are other factors, but to bring his family in is crossing the line, to say he is not focused or committed is just plain stupid.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

pmedic920":1bbmlkqe said:
As soon as he has a couple bad games you see people start talking about how he's distracted by his famous wife, more focused on his podcast than on the team, doesn't care now that he got paid, and only cares about MVP. I've seen all those on this forum in the last week. People get mad a reactionary after a bad game. It's understandable as a fan, but I just don't think there's any evidence of any of that. I actually saw someone complaining about charity work Russ is doing because it's a "distraction". Russ has been a great member of the Seattle community and has proven his commitment to football time and time again. If there was some evidence he doesn't care then OK. But I haven't seen any. Just looking at the guy after the sideline after he throws a pick, to me, shows how committed he is and how much he cares.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Welshers":2cxpj3lm said:
pmedic920":2cxpj3lm said:
As soon as he has a couple bad games you see people start talking about how he's distracted by his famous wife, more focused on his podcast than on the team, doesn't care now that he got paid, and only cares about MVP. I've seen all those on this forum in the last week. People get mad a reactionary after a bad game. It's understandable as a fan, but I just don't think there's any evidence of any of that. I actually saw someone complaining about charity work Russ is doing because it's a "distraction". Russ has been a great member of the Seattle community and has proven his commitment to football time and time again. If there was some evidence he doesn't care then OK. But I haven't seen any. Just looking at the guy after the sideline after he throws a pick, to me, shows how committed he is and how much he cares.

So...

You mean that you’re tired of others complaining about him being distracted with personal things?

Not that you are tired of his “personal motivation stuff”.

Fair enough.

I tend to agree if that’s the case.

Everyone is entitled to a life outside of their work.

I’ve never questioned Russ’s dedication to his craft/position, and I’d be willing to wager that he spends more time preparing than the majority of NFL QBs.

Having said that, I’ve been just as frustrated as anyone in his play. I also recognize that it’s not all on him.

It’s easy to watch a game on TV or from the stands and say why this, or why that. It’s easy to criticize from a 10,000 ft. view point.

End of the day....
.....there isn’t a current QB that I’d rather have than our #3 RW.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":1t5i7lt4 said:
pmedic920":1t5i7lt4 said:
Welshers":1t5i7lt4 said:
Maelstrom787":1t5i7lt4 said:
Back on point:

well I cant say this is what he is thinking but here are a few that piss me off

he is not focused on football
his wife
his kids
pretty much anything that is not football
etc etc

I can say he has been playing bad, I do think some of it is him, i also think there are other factors, but to bring his family in is crossing the line, to say he is not focused or committed is just plain stupid.

Fully agreed.

Russell has been shown time and time again to be both a fantastic influence on others and a true student of the game, with an impeccable work ethic and resilient mindset.

People are acting like the guy's Ricky Vaughn from Major League 2. He hasn't lost his magic, he's still the same mentally-tough over-achiever.

flv

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1i2v0jll said:
What's so damned hard for some of y'all to understand, hell, I get why he's struggling so much right now, and I feel for the guy; IF he get's help with a run game, the Defenses can't just key on him, and him alone, but, you can't just throw RB light, and play ONE dimensional at these high octane Defenses, ESPECIALLY if Schots doesn't game plan more protection (TE's) or whatever the hell, because when those Defenses decide to pin their ears back, and occasionally rush 5, Russ is going to get hit, and or sacked multiple times.
You just CANNOT get roughed up WAY MORE frequently than any other Quarterback in the League without it not taking a toll on his play.
Everyone talks about him not getting any help from his Defense, and maybe that's true, but holy crap, I don't remember a single one of them in there blocking for him.
I just think it's damned unrealistic to chide a guy that's throwing 120% of himself at trying to right a sinking ship....Yeah, he always takes the blame, but really?, some of y'all expectations are waaaaay unrealistic. :177692:
+1.
This isn't a strong roster compared to the last 10 years. Wilson is being asked to outperform what he's done in the past, but I don't think he has a potential 40 yard scramble in his arsenal any more and that helps opponents to defend against him. The team's injury situation also a factor. Fans' expectations were too high from the 5-0 start.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
themunn":1cukg53h said:
Shanegotyou11":1cukg53h said:
The bills 4th down was 4th and goal. Their was no 1st down.

If you watch the video which I conveniently linked you can clearly see the 1st down marker, the red line on the screen and the ticker say "4th and 1"

U are right. I apologize.