Day 2 picks?

toffee

Reaction score
So we got a #1 CB Witherspoon and #1 WR Smith-Njigba in Day 1. Witherspoon was courtesy of Russell Wilson.

For Day 2, what are your expectations? For Toffee:
  1. NT: Mazi or Benton, love to have one of them.
  2. DE: Keion White or Felix Anudike-Uzomah
  3. OL: Tippman or Wypler
Who would you like the team to pick tomorrow?

Scout

Reaction score
Focus on trenches (OL/DL) and then look for value at RB, TE and S.

The early run on RB was strange but still plenty of RBs on the board for the Hawks to consider up to the 4th round IMO.

CanHawksFan

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be mad about any you mentioned. I do think it’s time to start looking at our lines though and possibly linebacker over the next few rounds
Yeah, obviously D-line should be the priority, but I love Drew Sanders too. And he would also help with QB pressure as well as being able to play anywhere at LB. He's likely only available at 37 though, if then. And not sure Mazi would last until 52, although Benton might.

The draft is a little deeper in edge rushers. But maybe something like Sanders (37), Benton (52), and then an edge at 83?

I should note that I think there are some decent interior O-line options that will be available in the 4th and 5th rounds.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
For our front 7, we do have Mafe, Taylor, and Nwosu, together they accounted for 22 sacks. OK, Taylor has holes in his game, and Mafe hasn't shown much pass rushes, but we have young and improving players. We don't have any defense tackles, that ought to be the focus.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Darnell Washington worth considering. They are over the cap and I can see them cutting a veteran TE.
On my mock, I traded Fant for picks. Won't be too surprise if John tries to do that, if there's a taker.

12forlife

Reaction score
So we got a #1 CB Witherspoon and #1 WR Smith-Njigba in Day 1. Witherspoon was courtesy of Russell Wilson.

For Day 2, what are your expectations? For Toffee:
  1. NT: Mazi or Benton, love to have one of them.
  2. DE: Keion White or Felix Anudike-Uzomah
  3. OL: Tippman or Wypler
Who would you like the team to pick tomorrow?
1 Benton
2 JMS or Tippman
3 DE Byron Young LBer or G

Frozenropers

Reaction score
For our front 7, we do have Mafe, Taylor, and Nwosu, together they accounted for 22 sacks. OK, Taylor has holes in his game, and Mafe hasn't shown much pass rushes, but we have young and improving players. We don't have any defense tackles, that ought to be the focus.
Did I miss something? Didn’t the Hawks sign Dre’mont Jones and Jarran Reed in the Free agency period? We have starting DT’s but we need better depth.