Davis Hsu is suggesting Pete might trade Wilson

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And while we're at it, trading a playoff caliber team to become a 4 or 5 win team is a great idea too. Trade your most important player, by far. Seems legit :?

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
getnasty":1n156o1h said:
MontanaHawk05":1n156o1h said:
getnasty":1n156o1h said:
Sports Hernia":1n156o1h said:
Money post!

If you think Russell is Rodgers, Brady and Manning I agree. I'm saying he better take his game to the next level and learn how to change a play at the line, understand where the ball need to go before it's snapped and deliver it. Let's also not forget that Rodgers has had all the weapons and only 1 title, Manning has had 2 but his second came with and elite defense and any QB would have won there.

If you think Wilson can't do that stuff, you should watch Brock Huard's chalk talks more often. Wilson is hardly as primitive and undeveloped as you're implying.

You seem to be relying on the same faulty assumptions that Hsu is. Neither Wilson nor his contract are the reason we're struggling. Wilson is the only reason we even have a prayer this season. Leaving that fact out makes Hsu's opinion look foolish, and if Pete agrees with Hsu, then it deserves discussion whether Pete's philosophy has become foolish. The one overwhelming factor preventing us from dominating this year is injuries, not Wilson. If Chris Carson were healthy, we'd probably be sitting on the division title right now.

If Pete puts Wilson on the block and I'm Bill Belichick, I gladly pay three first-rounders for Wilson and then win six or seven Super Bowls with him while Pete sputters around with three more Ifedis and Carpenters. Belichick isn't winning because YAARRR I'M CUTTHROAT WITH MAH FREE AGENTZ. He's winning because he's a great coach with a great quarterback. It's not like his defenses are great year in and year out. Not even close.

I honestly don't think we should trade him but I don't think he's where those guys are in terms of changing plays. You can tell me all you want that Pete and Bevell don't let him and I'll never buy it, I think Russ thinks he can make something out of a bad situation and we end up in to many 2 and 20's. Does his line suck? yeah, does he add to it by holding the ball? Yeah. Sure he makes amazing plays sometimes but he needs to make more easy ones. As good as he's been he needs to be better, and Chalk Talk with Brock doesn't always tell the whole story.

We could talk about the run game and the glut of penalties, too. And Bevell's game scheme, which reverted to way too many iso routes last week against the Jags' and Rams' Cover 4. Terrible matchup.

Wilson has his own share of issues, and honestly not enough attention has been paid to them. I'm constantly harping myself about how he races out of clean pockets for no reason.

But the positives way outweigh the negatives. Just finding a QB who can throw accurately in the face of pressure is hard enough in this league.

You wouldn't even be thinking about trading Wilson if this were right after the Eagles game, anyway.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2w6nbyzq said:
seahawkfreak":2w6nbyzq said:
RW is on pace to break every Seahawk passing record despite the mountains of adversity he has faced. There is no valid reason to trade him.

Only stat that matter is SB victories.

Early in the season I was worried about all of Russ's non-football commitments. I want a team that is hungry, one with that chip on their shoulder. We have learned that money does something to these guys. It's no wonder New England trades guys while their value is high and chooses not to resign anyone for top dollar.

I'd try trading some other guys before Wilson but as someone else mentioned if Cleveland gave us two early firsts and they early 2nd I'd be happy.

How about
Sherman for a 1st
Bennett for a 3rd or 4th
Kam for a 3rd or 4th

Let Graham (3rd), Sheldon (3rd), and P Richardson (5th) and Jockel (6th) all walk and net us major comp picks the following season.
If this occurred we'd probably trade most of those picks back into 6th and 7th rounders and try to catch lighting in a bottle again.

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":y5nuxccf said:
Anthony!":y5nuxccf said:
getnasty":y5nuxccf said:
theincrediblesok":y5nuxccf said:
All those teams mention have a running game. That is the difference. With a running game this team could of been looking at over 11 wins even with Blair Walsh's missed field goals.

I doubt they would ever trade Wilson to the Browns. They would listen to where he would want to go first before ever giving that option. If it was to happen, I could see Wilson going to the Steelers if Big Ben retires, him and Antonio Brown would make a crazy duo. Maybe even to the Giants if Eli will go somewhere else.

We had a running game when we weren't paying for a QB.

Dude the fact we are paying Wilson who, by the way, is the 18th ranked QB against the cap is not why we dont have one now, so get off the whole pay and cap crap its not correct especially when most of the cap on this team goes to the defense.

18th this year, then what is he next year? He's only 18th because we traded for a tackle to help him and he restructured his contract.

LOL keep changing what you say until the narrative fits, he was 16th before the restructure and again most of the out cap I son defense not offense. Here is the reality of the situation. out of our top 10 cap hits 7 are on defense. We are 11th in cap hit by the defense, we are 22nd in cap hit by offense and that is up from 27th because of Brown. So sorry dude this book you trying to write is all fiction

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":1n4vffm1 said:
Sports Hernia":1n4vffm1 said:
mistaowen":1n4vffm1 said:
If Pete doesn't want a team built around a legit franchise QB, it's time to bring in some intelligent offensive staff who will challenge this model and develop a new scheme. Let Pete take over the defense and get them playing fiery football again. The offense has been broken for a couple years now and only is getting worse as Russell has to do everything. You can build around a franchise QB to his strengths and not sacrifice an identity. It worked when Marshawn could drag defenders for 3 yards on any carry, not anymore.

Look at the AFC in general, over the past decade+ there's been what, 3 total teams in the super bowl? All with franchise QB's. Aaron Rodgers single handedly puts the Packers in the playoffs every year unless he breaks his collar bone and their roster is much less talented than the Hawks. Sick of watching this offense struggle for 3 quarters every week until it's time to scrap the game plan and actually move the ball.
Money post!

If you think Russell is Rodgers, Brady and Manning I agree. I'm saying he better take his game to the next level and learn how to change a play at the line, understand where the ball need to go before it's snapped and deliver it. Let's also not forget that Rodgers has had all the weapons and only 1 title, Manning has had 2 but his second came with and elite defense and any QB would have won there.

dude you are making a lot fo assumption without knowing. HE is accounting for 86% of our offensive yards, and 97% of our offensive TDs with no run game, a suspect oline, wr not running right routes, or dropping the ball, and questionable at best play calling and design. He is carrying this team and everyone even Rodgers and Brady need help. They have a superior system for their passing offense.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I think its comical how some think Russell would be easily replaced. Take him off this roster for this year and we are looking at a 3-13ish record.

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":2m2be4ti said:
MontanaHawk05":2m2be4ti said:
getnasty":2m2be4ti said:
Sports Hernia":2m2be4ti said:
Money post!

If you think Wilson can't do that stuff, you should watch Brock Huard's chalk talks more often. Wilson is hardly as primitive and undeveloped as you're implying.

You seem to be relying on the same faulty assumptions that Hsu is. Neither Wilson nor his contract are the reason we're struggling. Wilson is the only reason we even have a prayer this season. Leaving that fact out makes Hsu's opinion look foolish, and if Pete agrees with Hsu, then it deserves discussion whether Pete's philosophy has become foolish. The one overwhelming factor preventing us from dominating this year is injuries, not Wilson. If Chris Carson were healthy, we'd probably be sitting on the division title right now.

If Pete puts Wilson on the block and I'm Bill Belichick, I gladly pay three first-rounders for Wilson and then win six or seven Super Bowls with him while Pete sputters around with three more Ifedis and Carpenters. Belichick isn't winning because YAARRR I'M CUTTHROAT WITH MAH FREE AGENTZ. He's winning because he's a great coach with a great quarterback. It's not like his defenses are great year in and year out. Not even close.

I honestly don't think we should trade him but I don't think he's where those guys are in terms of changing plays. You can tell me all you want that Pete and Bevell don't let him and I'll never buy it, I think Russ thinks he can make something out of a bad situation and we end up in to many 2 and 20's. Does his line suck? yeah, does he add to it by holding the ball? Yeah. Sure he makes amazing plays sometimes but he needs to make more easy ones. As good as he's been he needs to be better, and Chalk Talk with Brock doesn't always tell the whole story.

ahh the whole ignore the expert because it does not fit my narrative. Yeah lets ignore Brock, then lets go to just about evry expert out there who have said RW is carryign this team, and that the offensive game plan is bad, and the oline is bad, and hwo he is doign what he is odign with this lack of talent and game plan is amazing, Lets ignroe all that becaue it doe snot fit your narrative and then ignroe the announcers who last game was constantly saying no one was open, eveyr one ws long etc etc. Sorry dude the FACTS clearly show the premise of this your post is wrong.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":4yxzh5dl said:
I think its comical how some think Russell would be easily replaced. Take him off this roster for this year and we are looking at a 3-13ish record.

Well, people just have a habit of thinking that a draft pick is a sure thing. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. You have to weigh the risk against keeping what you have, and sometimes people give too much credence to how a drafted QB will work out.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
ANTHONY.

For the love of God. You could make your same argument with 20% of the post volume you have. You do not need to reply to every single peep a person makes. This is why you're on people's ignore list. You're borderline spamming and choking these threads up.

At the VERY least, learn how to copy-paste BB tags so that you can stuff a bunch of responses into one post. Please?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Breathe in Anthony, Breathe in. It's just a message board. We all have opinions, and many of us rarely agree. It's gonna' be ok. Wilson is not going to be traded. You're taking these threads way too serious. Sure people argue, but I can't imagine people taking it personally. Keyboard arguing, that's all it is.

getnasty

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3eb93fcx said:
ANTHONY.

For the love of God. You could make your same argument with 20% of the post volume you have. You do not need to reply to every single peep a person makes. This is why you're on people's ignore list. You're borderline spamming and choking these threads up.

At the VERY least, learn how to copy-paste BB tags so that you can stuff a bunch of responses into one post. Please?

Amen

hawknation2017

Reaction score
The scary thing is that there are actually people who believe David Hsu. :2thumbs:

IrishNW

Reaction score
Hes got a hidden agenda that he doesn't like RW but to scared to say it directly because he will lose followers. Same with hawkblogger who was all over his nuts on this.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Atradees":3bcg21jj said:
We could get three first round picks for Russell Wilson wich we could turn into 23 5th round pick with several trades down and land ourselves one heck of a practice squad.

:irishdrinkers: Very underrated post; cue the slow clap!

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
IrishNW":3upperwu said:
Hes got a hidden agenda that he doesn't like RW but to scared to say it directly because he will lose followers. Same with hawkblogger who was all over his nuts on this.

Birds of a feather overreact together...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IrishNW":4amvqdaf said:

Hsu has admitted many times that he'd prefer a traditional pocket QB, especially on a team that wants to run it's offense through a ball control run scheme.

Let's face it, for as good as Russell is, and at times he's AMAZING. He's an enigma, and a very hard QB to try and build an offense around. Is he worth 25M a year if you're Pete and are still sticking to your stubborn I wanna run the ball 50-60% of the time scheme?

Idk, Hsu makes good points. That was fine when Russell was making 500k a year. Is it still OK when he's now taking up 20% of the cap?

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6sq21khm said:
IrishNW":6sq21khm said:

Hsu has admitted many times that he'd prefer a traditional pocket QB, especially on a team that wants to run it's offense through a ball control run scheme.

Let's face it, for as good as Russell is, and at times he's AMAZING. He's an enigma, and a very hard QB to try and build an offense around. Is he worth 25M a year if you're Pete and are still sticking to your stubborn I wanna run the ball 50-60% of the time scheme?

Idk, Hsu makes good points. That was fine when Russell was making 500k a year. Is it still OK when he's now taking up 20% of the cap?

Could we at least see RW separated from Bevell before we go ad naseum about RWs flaws?