Davis Hsu is suggesting Pete might trade Wilson

hawknation2017

Reaction score
adeltaY":sgftp8xt said:
Well Pete has authority over John so he can make him trade anyone.

In addition, David "Poo-Poo" Hsu is insinuating (i.e. "suggesting") that Pete Carroll might TRADE Russell Wilson (*chuckle*) "if they got a strong offer [& more B.S.]."

He obviously does not comprehend Pete Carroll's philosophy or basic strategy. Carroll wants an offense to be equally strong at running and throwing the ball. A QB like Russell Wilson helps accomplish that goal better than any non-dual-threat QB would. Such a player with his level of talent at the QB position is extremely rare. There is close to zero chance that you could use the trade acquisitions and resulting cap savings to improve the offense beyond what it would be with Russell Wilson on your roster.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2uhvn1m6 said:
Trade RW? No. I believe he's grossly underpaid for what his value to the Seahawk offense. There would be no offense without Russell. He is the entire offense. We already have seen the offense without Russell (before he was drafted) and it wasn't pretty.

Grossly underpaid?

Wilson's currently the 9th highest paid QB in the NFL at 21M a year, and his base salary is about to double next year...............AND he just deferred 3-4M so we could fit Brown under our cap. So he gets that back over the next two years as well.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mrt144":25s5mft8 said:
Sgt. Largent":25s5mft8 said:
IrishNW":25s5mft8 said:
Hes got a hidden agenda that he doesn't like RW but to scared to say it directly because he will lose followers. Same with hawkblogger who was all over his nuts on this.

Hsu has admitted many times that he'd prefer a traditional pocket QB, especially on a team that wants to run it's offense through a ball control run scheme.

Let's face it, for as good as Russell is, and at times he's AMAZING. He's an enigma, and a very hard QB to try and build an offense around. Is he worth 25M a year if you're Pete and are still sticking to your stubborn I wanna run the ball 50-60% of the time scheme?

Idk, Hsu makes good points. That was fine when Russell was making 500k a year. Is it still OK when he's now taking up 20% of the cap?

Could we at least see RW separated from Bevell before we go ad naseum about RWs flaws?
This.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":qz5v7wou said:
hawkfan68":qz5v7wou said:
Trade RW? No. I believe he's grossly underpaid for what his value to the Seahawk offense. There would be no offense without Russell. He is the entire offense. We already have seen the offense without Russell (before he was drafted) and it wasn't pretty.

Grossly underpaid?

Wilson's currently the 9th highest paid QB in the NFL at 21M a year, and his base salary is about to double next year...............AND he just deferred 3-4M so we could fit Brown under our cap. So he gets that back over the next two years as well.

He is the Seahawk offense because of that I believe he is grossly underpaid. I don't care what he's being paid relative to the market. That doesn't determine his value to the Seahawks, IMO. He is more valuable to the Seahawks than he would be with other teams. Where would the Seahawks be without him? That's what I'm trying to say. If you factor that, then yes I believe he is grossly underpaid.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
idahohawk":3hhufcd2 said:
Your topic/thread title and your point are false and weak.

Hsu never once said or suggested that "Pete might trade Wilson "

You might try reading more before making such assertions. For starters, Pete doesn't get to trade anyone.

Davis was merely proposing a thought exercise in which the Seahawks were at a crossroads. Pete's non-waivering philosophy vs. Wilson as a franchise QB.

All you have to do is read and think to know that it wasn't a "suggestion."

MontanaHawk05":3hhufcd2 said:
This relies on so many bad, unprovable assumptions, and leaves out so many other mitigating factors (IMHO), that I'm going to encapsulate it in a .gif rather than dignifying it with a link.

Have at it.

(Now he's trying to convince people that Earl has lost his worth.)

Okay, Mrs. Hsu.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1p6s7490 said:
Sgt. Largent":1p6s7490 said:
hawkfan68":1p6s7490 said:

Grossly underpaid?

He is the Seahawk offense because of that I believe he is grossly underpaid. I don't care what he's being paid relative to the market. That doesn't determine his value to the Seahawks, IMO. He is more valuable to the Seahawks than he would be with other teams. Where would the Seahawks be without him? That's what I'm trying to say. If you factor that, then yes I believe he is grossly underpaid.

Where would any team be without their top 10 QB?

I don't put that kind of value on Russell, especially since the reason he's 90% of our offense is because our FO and coaches have done a horrible job of helping him.

IMO Russell is compensated right where he should be, in the top 10. If he ever gets to the point of Tom Brady-land where he's consistently getting us to SB's singlehandedly? Then I'll be with you, but until then I see an amazingly gifted athletic QB that can at times take over a game and deliver wins in the 4th quarter..............but I also see a QB that continues to fail to generate offense for entire first halves, and even well into 3rd quarters.

That's not all on Pete and Bevell, some of that's on Russell. So let's not act like he's perfect.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1590nhe5 said:
hawkfan68":1590nhe5 said:
Sgt. Largent":1590nhe5 said:
hawkfan68":1590nhe5 said:

Grossly underpaid?

I don't put that kind of value on Russell, especially since the reason he's 90% of our offense is because our FO and coaches have done a horrible job of helping him.

IMO Russell is compensated right where he should be, in the top 10. If he ever gets to the point of Tom Brady-land where he's consistently getting us to SB's singlehandedly? Then I'll be with you, but until then I see an amazingly gifted athletic QB that can at times take over a game and deliver wins in the 4th quarter..............but I also see a QB that continues to fail to generate offense for entire first halves, and even well into 3rd quarters.

That's not all on Pete and Bevell, some of that's on Russell. So let's not act like he's perfect.

Brady single-handedly gets the Pats to the SB? :pukeface:

Wrong. Belichick has more to do with that than Brady.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":dli7do9u said:

They haven't done the best job. But it's not like they also went out and busted Chris Carson's knee themselves, Jeff Gillooly style.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seymour":2c7ku0s9 said:
Sgt. Largent":2c7ku0s9 said:
hawkfan68":2c7ku0s9 said:
Sgt. Largent":2c7ku0s9 said:
Grossly underpaid?

Without WIlson the Seahawks don't sniff the playoffs no matter how good their defense is. Does anyone think Davis could lead the Seahawks to the playoffs with this offense? Furthermore, the Seahawks wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs last year had RW been forced to sit out games. Boykin is sitting on PS, you' think they would have made to playoffs with him at QB? That's the value Russ has. He's producing at a high rate but his compensation (currently) is not equal to the rate he's producing. He doesn't miss games and continues to play at a high rate (90% of the offense). That's the point. He's a bargain.

rossob

Reaction score
Seymour":2yljr88z said:
Sgt. Largent":2yljr88z said:
hawkfan68":2yljr88z said:
Sgt. Largent":2yljr88z said:
Grossly underpaid?

You are talking about the Tom Brady who's team went 11-5 when he got hurt in the first game of the season? Ironically he was the MVP the season before.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":17epkely said:
Sgt. Largent":17epkely said:
hawkfan68":17epkely said:
Sgt. Largent":17epkely said:
Grossly underpaid?

Belichick's an amazing schemer, but make no mistake, Brady is the engine that drives that team.

My point is when Russell is playing at that level of consistency carrying the Hawks for 15 years straight to division titles and SB's? I'm with you, he's "grossly" underpaid.

Until then, nope.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":10gtrdjl said:
Seymour":10gtrdjl said:
Sgt. Largent":10gtrdjl said:
hawkfan68":10gtrdjl said:

Belichick's an amazing schemer, but make no mistake, Brady is the engine that drives that team.

My point is when Russell is playing at that level of consistency carrying the Hawks for 15 years straight to division titles and SB's? I'm with you, he's "grossly" underpaid.

Until then, nope.

I won't get into it today, but Wilson is not underpaid unless one thinks he should be comped for the savings of oline $$ for taking the beatings.

Brady is 1 of 53. Bellichick has his hand in all 53 and without Brady I suspect they find another way myself.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3kj7uk5h said:
Seymour":3kj7uk5h said:
Sgt. Largent":3kj7uk5h said:
hawkfan68":3kj7uk5h said:

Until then, nope.

Dude sorry to tell you this but it is not Brady its Bellechik, they were 3-1 just a year or so ago without Brady, Not saying Brady is not great, he is but the way Bellechic runs his team, makes adjustments, and actually dose his job is amazing.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I'll never understand the Brady Goat talk.. his team has gone 14-5 in 19 games hes missed... he is the epitome of a system qb.... always has been.. never hurt that his div has basically been trash save for 2 years when the jets were good. He doesn't carry that team.. he is simply extremely good at running that system . Numbers don t lie .

Anthony!

Reaction score
Ambrose83":ra6ypvih said:
I'll never understand the Brady Goat talk.. his team has gone 14-5 in 19 games hes missed... he is the epitome of a system qb.... always has been.. never hurt that his div has basically been trash save for 2 years when the jets were good. He doesn't carry that team.. he is simply extremely good at running that system . Numbers don t lie .

I actually agree

randomation

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2u1yf32v said:
hawkfan68":2u1yf32v said:

Grossly underpaid?

And he is still grossly underpaid for the value he brings. It's like Lebron is paid nowhere near his worth due to max contracts and the salary cap.

randomation

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rvcgv3t said:
Seymour":1rvcgv3t said:
Sgt. Largent":1rvcgv3t said:
hawkfan68":1rvcgv3t said:

Until then, nope.

The Pats went 11-5 without Brady the year after he won MVP just stop

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Wenhawk":379ltqdh said:
7-9 with T-Jax. I think Pete could get us back to the playoffs with a different QB. As much as I love Russ, being 5'11 dictates a lot of our playcalling.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That 7-9 team had a developing nasty defense and Leon Washington returning kicks. This team would go 3-13 with tjack..