Davis Hsu is suggesting Pete might trade Wilson

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Davis Hsu is becoming more and a more outrageous with his rubbish predictions.

This one is truly out there.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
getnasty":14o4hkyu said:
seahawkfreak":14o4hkyu said:
RW is on pace to break every Seahawk passing record despite the mountains of adversity he has faced. There is no valid reason to trade him.

We're going to miss the playoffs, who cares?

Well the point is, that he is the most productive QB we have ever had. I hate arguments like this because it makes someone look like an all out defender of the said subject but I am not. I just don't think Russell is the problem. Yeah I care if we got rid of him. Try expanding on your statement instead of throwing out some drive by BS statement. Thanks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
getnasty":18jwavtb said:
Coug_Hawk08":18jwavtb said:
getnasty":18jwavtb said:
Anthony!":18jwavtb said:
And yet the Pats, NO, Panthers, Pitt, ATL and others have found a way to build around their franchise QBs and still win. So it comes down to do you take the chance you can find lightning in a bottle a 2nd time or do you build around that lightning you have now. For me its simple you stay will the known and build around them, something we have not done yet.

Jags and Vikings might disagree with you. If the Browns called and offered the 1st, 6th and 33rd picks in the draft I'm listening.

A) you are willing to listen to the Browns, so there is that.
B) you are using Jags and Vikings single REGULAR SEASON success as a way to advocate the idea of trading Wilson, an MVP level talent. You are Indicating the cheap QB model is the way to go. Except, those two teams have done nothing. Go win a SB, then come back with that noise. Also, Case Keenum and Bortles likely to get paaaaaid if they do even win one playoff game. Then what? Try to win with someone else the next year? QBs are not just plug and play. Taking a chance on the entire season with a cheap QB is incredibly risky. Don’t care how good your defense and run game is.

I'm saying it's how we won our Superbowl. Let's say we trade Russ to the Browns and they give us Myles Garrett we draft Barkley and Mayfield with the other two picks we get. Then you go take the 17 million in cap space and add a couple of pieces on the OL. I'm just spitballin here someone has to advocate for trading him. Your right once the Rams and Eagles have to pay there quarterbacks they be making decision like were making. Let's see how they look when you can't sign a Whitworth or Fletcher Cox and other.
This post is the exhibit A of why I hate fantasy football and the Madden video game series.

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":2vt2kf9m said:
Anthony!":2vt2kf9m said:
getnasty":2vt2kf9m said:
Bobblehead":2vt2kf9m said:
It's how the Hawks won early.. low QB salary.. we got lucky and found a performer.. That option is few and far between.

Sounds kind of like what the Eagles and Rams are doing too.

And yet the Pats, NO, Panthers, Pitt, ATL and others have found a way to build around their franchise QBs and still win. So it comes down to do you take the chance you can find lightning in a bottle a 2nd time or do you build around that lightning you have now. For me its simple you stay will the known and build around them, something we have not done yet.

Jags and Vikings might disagree with you. If the Browns called and offered the 1st, 6th and 33rd picks in the draft I'm listening.

Then I am glad your not the GM.

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":37xknusn said:
seahawkfreak":37xknusn said:
RW is on pace to break every Seahawk passing record despite the mountains of adversity he has faced. There is no valid reason to trade him.

We're going to miss the playoffs, who cares?

True but that is not because of him, he is the main reason we ever had a chance.

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":21rqblfs said:
Coug_Hawk08":21rqblfs said:
getnasty":21rqblfs said:
Anthony!":21rqblfs said:

A) you are willing to listen to the Browns, so there is that.
B) you are using Jags and Vikings single REGULAR SEASON success as a way to advocate the idea of trading Wilson, an MVP level talent. You are Indicating the cheap QB model is the way to go. Except, those two teams have done nothing. Go win a SB, then come back with that noise. Also, Case Keenum and Bortles likely to get paaaaaid if they do even win one playoff game. Then what? Try to win with someone else the next year? QBs are not just plug and play. Taking a chance on the entire season with a cheap QB is incredibly risky. Don’t care how good your defense and run game is.

I'm saying it's how we won our Superbowl. Let's say we trade Russ to the Browns and they give us Myles Garrett we draft Barkley and Mayfield with the other two picks we get. Then you go take the 17 million in cap space and add a couple of pieces on the OL. I'm just spitballin here someone has to advocate for trading him. Your right once the Rams and Eagles have to pay there quarterbacks they be making decision like were making. Let's see how they look when you can't sign a Whitworth or Fletcher Cox and other.

actually no, none has to advocate trading him because its a dumb thought. Also all those things a lot of thing would need to go right to accomplish all that and there is still no guarantee of anything. It sometimes amazes me the lack of football IQ on this forum. For years we have been dying for a franchise QB and now we have one about ot enter his prime and you want to trade him. Not lets build around him, lets trade him and hope we can catch lightning in a bottle. Hope we can turn 3-4 draft picks into something, hope we can get FA olineman to come here as if we have not tried, Just stupid and even stupider some here think its a good idea.

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":1uwf1rqa said:
theincrediblesok":1uwf1rqa said:
getnasty":1uwf1rqa said:
Anthony!":1uwf1rqa said:

All those teams mention have a running game. That is the difference. With a running game this team could of been looking at over 11 wins even with Blair Walsh's missed field goals.

I doubt they would ever trade Wilson to the Browns. They would listen to where he would want to go first before ever giving that option. If it was to happen, I could see Wilson going to the Steelers if Big Ben retires, him and Antonio Brown would make a crazy duo. Maybe even to the Giants if Eli will go somewhere else.

We had a running game when we weren't paying for a QB.

Dude the fact we are paying Wilson who, by the way, is the 18th ranked QB against the cap is not why we dont have one now, so get off the whole pay and cap crap its not correct especially when most of the cap on this team goes to the defense.

Anthony!

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2isy395e said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredStanger/status/943017968832716801[/tweet]

more of a reason why we need to get new coaches and build around Rw. A good coach build around what they have and use a system that works for what they have.

original poster

Reaction score
I read this on Twitter yesterday and, to be fair to Hsu, he did say he has no source whatsoever. It was more of a discussion type thing.

Nobody in their right mind would agree that this team is better without Russ. Paul Allen would no doubt laugh the idea out of the meeting room.

If Jared Stanger's take is correct, and that Pete doesn't want the identity of this team to be QB driven, we all know Pete won't be on the team much longer than a season or two, max.

getnasty

Reaction score
Atradees":2ab2kv6y said:
We could get three first round picks for Russell Wilson wich we could turn into 23 5th round pick with several trades down and land ourselves one heck of a practice squad.

The simple truth is the draft magic is gone. No amount of picks will guarantee a franchise qb like Wilson.

If this is how you feel it doesn't matter if we have Russell or not.

mistaowen

Reaction score
If Pete doesn't want a team built around a legit franchise QB, it's time to bring in some intelligent offensive staff who will challenge this model and develop a new scheme. Let Pete take over the defense and get them playing fiery football again. The offense has been broken for a couple years now and only is getting worse as Russell has to do everything. You can build around a franchise QB to his strengths and not sacrifice an identity. It worked when Marshawn could drag defenders for 3 yards on any carry, not anymore.

Look at the AFC in general, over the past decade+ there's been what, 3 total teams in the super bowl? All with franchise QB's. Aaron Rodgers single handedly puts the Packers in the playoffs every year unless he breaks his collar bone and their roster is much less talented than the Hawks. Sick of watching this offense struggle for 3 quarters every week until it's time to scrap the game plan and actually move the ball.

getnasty

Reaction score
Anthony!":1djpjkhx said:
getnasty":1djpjkhx said:
theincrediblesok":1djpjkhx said:
getnasty":1djpjkhx said:

All those teams mention have a running game. That is the difference. With a running game this team could of been looking at over 11 wins even with Blair Walsh's missed field goals.

I doubt they would ever trade Wilson to the Browns. They would listen to where he would want to go first before ever giving that option. If it was to happen, I could see Wilson going to the Steelers if Big Ben retires, him and Antonio Brown would make a crazy duo. Maybe even to the Giants if Eli will go somewhere else.

We had a running game when we weren't paying for a QB.

Dude the fact we are paying Wilson who, by the way, is the 18th ranked QB against the cap is not why we dont have one now, so get off the whole pay and cap crap its not correct especially when most of the cap on this team goes to the defense.

18th this year, then what is he next year? He's only 18th because we traded for a tackle to help him and he restructured his contract.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mistaowen":l5e4dfbp said:
If Pete doesn't want a team built around a legit franchise QB, it's time to bring in some intelligent offensive staff who will challenge this model and develop a new scheme. Let Pete take over the defense and get them playing fiery football again. The offense has been broken for a couple years now and only is getting worse as Russell has to do everything. You can build around a franchise QB to his strengths and not sacrifice an identity. It worked when Marshawn could drag defenders for 3 yards on any carry, not anymore.

Look at the AFC in general, over the past decade+ there's been what, 3 total teams in the super bowl? All with franchise QB's. Aaron Rodgers single handedly puts the Packers in the playoffs every year unless he breaks his collar bone and their roster is much less talented than the Hawks. Sick of watching this offense struggle for 3 quarters every week until it's time to scrap the game plan and actually move the ball.
Money post!

getnasty

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":15ljmtzb said:
mistaowen":15ljmtzb said:

Money post!

If you think Russell is Rodgers, Brady and Manning I agree. I'm saying he better take his game to the next level and learn how to change a play at the line, understand where the ball need to go before it's snapped and deliver it. Let's also not forget that Rodgers has had all the weapons and only 1 title, Manning has had 2 but his second came with and elite defense and any QB would have won there.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It wasn't only Wilson, who we had on the cheap.

We also had on the cheap, SHerman, Kam, Bennett?, Wags, Thomas, KJ, Baldwin and I don't think Lynch cost that much either.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
getnasty":2ypatydr said:
Sports Hernia":2ypatydr said:
mistaowen":2ypatydr said:

Money post!

If you think Russell is Rodgers, Brady and Manning I agree. I'm saying he better take his game to the next level and learn how to change a play at the line, understand where the ball need to go before it's snapped and deliver it. Let's also not forget that Rodgers has had all the weapons and only 1 title, Manning has had 2 but his second came with and elite defense and any QB would have won there.

If you think Wilson can't do that stuff, you should watch Brock Huard's chalk talks more often. Wilson is hardly as primitive and undeveloped as you're implying.

You seem to be relying on the same faulty assumptions that Hsu is. Neither Wilson nor his contract are the reason we're struggling. Wilson is the only reason we even have a prayer this season. Leaving that fact out makes Hsu's opinion look foolish, and if Pete agrees with Hsu, then it deserves discussion whether Pete's philosophy has become foolish. The one overwhelming factor preventing us from dominating this year is injuries, not Wilson. If Chris Carson were healthy, we'd probably be sitting on the division title right now.

If Pete puts Wilson on the block and I'm Bill Belichick, I gladly pay three first-rounders for Wilson and then win six or seven Super Bowls with him while Pete sputters around with three more Ifedis and Carpenters. Belichick isn't winning because YAARRR I'M CUTTHROAT WITH MAH FREE AGENTZ. He's winning because he's a great coach with a great quarterback. It's not like his defenses are great year in and year out. Not even close.

Seymour

Reaction score
After we trade Wilson, could we also trade Paul Allen for Jerry Jones too? :roll:

getnasty

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1hklmf73 said:
getnasty":1hklmf73 said:
Sports Hernia":1hklmf73 said:
mistaowen":1hklmf73 said:

Money post!

If you think Wilson can't do that stuff, you should watch Brock Huard's chalk talks more often. Wilson is hardly as primitive and undeveloped as you're implying.

You seem to be relying on the same faulty assumptions that Hsu is. Neither Wilson nor his contract are the reason we're struggling. Wilson is the only reason we even have a prayer this season. Leaving that fact out makes Hsu's opinion look foolish, and if Pete agrees with Hsu, then it deserves discussion whether Pete's philosophy has become foolish. The one overwhelming factor preventing us from dominating this year is injuries, not Wilson. If Chris Carson were healthy, we'd probably be sitting on the division title right now.

If Pete puts Wilson on the block and I'm Bill Belichick, I gladly pay three first-rounders for Wilson and then win six or seven Super Bowls with him while Pete sputters around with three more Ifedis and Carpenters. Belichick isn't winning because YAARRR I'M CUTTHROAT WITH MAH FREE AGENTZ. He's winning because he's a great coach with a great quarterback. It's not like his defenses are great year in and year out. Not even close.

I honestly don't think we should trade him but I don't think he's where those guys are in terms of changing plays. You can tell me all you want that Pete and Bevell don't let him and I'll never buy it, I think Russ thinks he can make something out of a bad situation and we end up in to many 2 and 20's. Does his line suck? yeah, does he add to it by holding the ball? Yeah. Sure he makes amazing plays sometimes but he needs to make more easy ones. As good as he's been he needs to be better, and Chalk Talk with Brock doesn't always tell the whole story.