davidonmi WINS first. Natethegreat WINS second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I scanned through the schedule just to get a feel for who might be available later in the year, seemed the hardest week to pick is 13 when the Browns have a bye. Other than that it pretty much comes down to picking whoever they are playing, going off script for one game in each of their divisional series.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3evr09nc said:
Erebus":3evr09nc said:
FlyHawksFly":3evr09nc said:
Right, and you know exactly which ones they are going to win and lose? More so than "saving great teams" you have to look at their schedule, how they line up to the rest of the league, and try to hit enough to keep getting to the next week. If you miss an early season game being cute you won't make it to the end of the year to use all those "great" teams you saved.

That's what led to me losing last year. I planned out all my picks early and was looking ahead to having good picks for the second half of the season. From my experience, you are better off picking the good teams early because the game probably won't last very long.

I suggest you read my post again if you thought I was saying you should plan out all your picks early. :34853_doh:

Lots of different strategies.

In general you want to pick the team with the highest win percentage odds and the lowest future value. But, in order to win the game, your opponents also have to lose, so you want to pick the least popular pick in your specific pool with the highest win percentage and the lowest future value.

The best pick in this pool isn't necessarily the best pick in a different pool.

And of course, lotsa luck! Look at AZ last week.

mikeak

Reaction score
No offense to how the game was run last year but it was very different. It was against the spread which makes it way tougher and why it would end very quickly.

Just saying for htose comparing to last year

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1zu68qn7 said:
I scanned through the schedule just to get a feel for who might be available later in the year, seemed the hardest week to pick is 13 when the Browns have a bye. Other than that it pretty much comes down to picking whoever they are playing, going off script for one game in each of their divisional series.

I'm no survivor expert, but the NFL is a very hard league to predict beyond even 2-3 weeks out. Too much can change with injuries, schedule, what team's hot, not, etc.

It's best to just go week to week and try and find mismatches and bad matchups.

Erebus

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1zvc2wet said:
Erebus":1zvc2wet said:
FlyHawksFly":1zvc2wet said:
Right, and you know exactly which ones they are going to win and lose? More so than "saving great teams" you have to look at their schedule, how they line up to the rest of the league, and try to hit enough to keep getting to the next week. If you miss an early season game being cute you won't make it to the end of the year to use all those "great" teams you saved.

That's what led to me losing last year. I planned out all my picks early and was looking ahead to having good picks for the second half of the season. From my experience, you are better off picking the good teams early because the game probably won't last very long.

I suggest you read my post again if you thought I was saying you should plan out all your picks early. :34853_doh:

I never said you said that. My point was I was trying to get too cute early and it backfired. So I was agreeing with you about the point of getting too cute early led to me losing.

WillySchu

Reaction score
My early prediction, Lions over Titans. Dunno if I'll stick with that though...

nanomoz

Reaction score
Week 2 is a tough one. The most "obvious" picks are divisional games, require picking against teams that are 0-1, or against teams in their home opener.

It breaks two rules that I tend to follow, but, when in doubt, pick against the Browns, right?

Ravens over Browns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts