@DangerPuss is struggling in practice.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I saw him yesterday during live training camp footage and I don't see any real weight loss. He still looks pretty thick. Not that I'm one to talk but I'm also not a franchise QB making over $100 million.
He's putting his money where his mouth is...eating well :)

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm reminded of Allen Iverson's rant about "practice." I'll wait until we actually see him on the field before I come to any conclusions.

One of the things that will be interesting is if he plays in the preseason, and if so, how much. One of the things that IMO contributed to his poor season last year was that RW didn't play a single snap in the preseason, very unusual and perhaps unprecedented for a quarterback who is playing for a new team. IMO it showed up in their first game against us as their offense was very unorganized.

I agree with others that have commented about Russell's social media presence. All he's doing is embarrassing himself, and he doesn't seem to realize it, tone deaf.

toffee

Reaction score
Sorry for my earlier frosty response, I was on the other line working on another problem and took my frustrations out on you. I loved Russell once, not so much any more..
All GOOD, I wasn't serious, more a poke for fun, hope you don't mind. :)

rcaido

Reaction score
I'm reminded of Allen Iverson's rant about "practice." I'll wait until we actually see him on the field before I come to any conclusions.

One of the things that will be interesting is if he plays in the preseason, and if so, how much. One of the things that IMO contributed to his poor season last year was that RW didn't play a single snap in the preseason, very unusual and perhaps unprecedented for a quarterback who is playing for a new team. IMO it showed up in their first game against us as their offense was very unorganized.

I agree with others that have commented about Russell's social media presence. All he's doing is embarrassing himself, and he doesn't seem to realize it, tone deaf.

Even preseason games cant really judge them...I dont think Geno even threw a TD and hardly did anything but not turn the ball over...Lock did just that turn the ball over but had more exciting plays. Then he got Covid.

The season injury again by Patrick is huge. Its going to be all on Williams staying healthy and getting back to form. Wilson has not look good in the practices so far from what i've read.

toffee

Reaction score
Even preseason games cant really judge them...I dont think Geno even threw a TD and hardly did anything but not turn the ball over...Lock did just that turn the ball over but had more exciting plays. Then he got Covid.

The season injury again by Patrick is huge. Its going to be all on Williams staying healthy and getting back to form. Wilson has not look good in the practices so far from what i've read.
You are right, I think the first 5-6 games will tell us where Wilson stands.

keasley45

Reaction score

But if you're wayching how the qb plays, you can certainly tell whether or not he 'gets it'. Sure, there may be a degree of disinvestment on the part of a player when it comes to playing in games that don't count, but even then, you can see what he's doing. And with Russ, his holes are sooo well known, that you can watch 5 to 10 plays in any game against anyone and tell if he's any different.

RiverDog

Reaction score

I wasn't saying that we'd be able to judge him by his performance in the preseason, although it would give us one heck of a lot more information to see him actually play than in reading reports about his practices. I was noting how he didn't play at all during the preseason last year and how I felt that lack of playing time hurt him and the Broncos.

bileever

Reaction score
The current odds of Wilson winning MVP is +4500. To put that into context, Trey Lance, a back-up has better odds of winning MVP at +4000.
Correction: Since training camp has solidified Lance's status as a backup, his odds of winning MVP have gone down to +5000. Brock Purdy, however, is at +4000. Geno Smith is at +3500.

toffee

Reaction score
I saw him yesterday during live training camp footage and I don't see any real weight loss. He still looks pretty thick. Not that I'm one to talk but I'm also not a franchise QB making over $100 million.
We shall see once the season starts, hard to hide that cushion in front of his six pack.

strohmin

Reaction score
But if you're wayching how the qb plays, you can certainly tell whether or not he 'gets it'. Sure, there may be a degree of disinvestment on the part of a player when it comes to playing in games that don't count, but even then, you can see what he's doing. And with Russ, his holes are sooo well known, that you can watch 5 to 10 plays in any game against anyone and tell if he's any different.
Exactly, you could see how disfunctional the offense was even before russ was hurt in the rams game from 2021. Once, Geno came in, you saw how much more smooth it was operating. We may have very well won that game if Tyler didnt trip at the end.

toffee

Reaction score
Exactly, you could see how disfunctional the offense was even before russ was hurt in the rams game from 2021. Once, Geno came in, you saw how much more smooth it was operating. We may have very well won that game if Tyler didnt trip at the end.
100%, that Ram's game changed my perspective.

keasley45

Reaction score
I think the secret is he doesn't care about the game anymore, and he doesn't even know it.
This. I think he's cared more about simply making as much money as he can for a long time. Maybe since 2019. Everything since around that time has been about maxing out his last contract.

He knows what he can and can't do. Everything we've seen over the last few elyears has been simply covering over his deficiencies with smoke and mirrors to distract the masses from the truth. I think he stopped really caring about getting better a long time ago. Or, maybe his plan all along was just to ride this thing out as long as he could doing it his way. He was gifted the perfect situation in Seattle. The moment they knew he'd never change, circa 2019, and started looking to the future, he knew his game was up. Kudos for him for securing a 1/4 billion dollar deal. But I think his ride is about to end. And I don't think he anticipated taking the hit to his brand that his shenanigans have brought. He got his money, but what's his name going to be worth?
But shoot, maybe he's smarter than all of us and knows the world is about to end and that that $1/4 Billy he and Ciara have amassed over the last few years gets them a ticket on Elons Arc, and salvation. While us broke fans are left to fight eachother over scraps as this whole blue ball we float through space on goes to sh!t.

LETS RIDE...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Conversely I just watched Geno live on NFL Network TC coverage and he looks legit slimmed down, and that's someone who wasn't overweight to begin with. He said he is on a no meat, no dairy, no sweets (no fun haha) diet. It shows.

Paging Mr. Wilson.

Latest posts