Damarri Mathis: CB: Pitt

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

For those that wants Sauce Gardner or Derrick Stingley Jr. early in the first round, let me talk about Damarri Mathis for a little bit. He is someone that I recently just started watching and I like his game! He has a CB attitude and brings the boom to RBs and WRs. Loves to tackle. Loves to talk. He is pretty Hollywood. Nothing against the nice guys on the team but defenses needs to be a little nasty. Dudes need to play with an edge. Mathis brings a lot of bite and bark.

He played at Pitt. They ran a lot of things and are known to produce DBs in the NFL. They are also known to play a lot of press and man coverage. He's pretty sticky in coverage but can get better. He mirrors pretty well but footwork is a problem. Grabby down field. Needs to be coached up. For someone that might go in the middle rounds, he's an asset to ST and potential starter down the line. In 2019, he was top 3 in the nation with % completion against. Ahead of Stingley during his historic freshmen year. Missed the entire 2020 and didn't play as well in 2021. He's a quality prospect at his range and potential steal.

4.38 Speed
43.5 Vertical
5'11
198 LBs
31.5 in. arms
77 in wingspan (within what the Hawks like)

Reactions: PNW

jammerhawk

Reaction score
His explosive factors are off the charts. Seems somewhat of a sleeper who may suddenly rise late.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Best username ever.

I'll dig in on this kid. Haven't seen much about him yet. Thanks.