Waiver Wire Wins: CB Kyu Kelly and ILB Drake Thomas

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score

Just from these twitter posts, it made me pretty interested in the players mentioned so I found these videos for your viewing pleasure

There were a few plays where I feel like he would've gotten flagged in the NFL but for the most part I'm really liking his physicality and quick decision making. I couldn't find any pre-season videos, but nice pickup by Pete!

Thomas looks like a sure tackler. There were a few plays were he reminded me of Cody Barton by over-shooting as the ball carrier ran past him but I saw more good than bad, and if he can clean up his mistakes I think we've got a decent player. He's an UDFA rookie so I've got plenty of patience to give him, we'll see if Pete and Hurtt feel the same.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I get the Drake Thomas signing because they are weak at ILB depth after Wagner, Brooks, and Bush but Kyu Blu? That one puzzles me. They have enough good players in the secondary. At CB - Riq, Devon, Coby, Artie, and Tre.

OP
OP
MyrtleHawk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I get the Drake Thomas signing because they are weak at ILB depth after Wagner, Brooks, and Bush but Kyu Blu? That one puzzles me. They have enough good players in the secondary. At CB - Riq, Devon, Coby, Artie, and Tre.
Artie was cut to make room for Kelly, I'm assuming they see more upside with Kelly than they do with Artie...

renofox

Reaction score
Yep he was, until his favorite coach joined the staff!
Actually, he was a WR until he refused to play through an injury when there was concern he may exacerbate the injury or cause permanent damage.

Harbaugh got pissed and took away his WR position.

A defensive coach then talked Harbaugh into letting him play at corner, and the rest is history.

droop828

Reaction score
As an NC State and Seahawk fan I’ll tell ya the Hawks got a good one in Thomas. That kid is an animal and makes plays. He’s a little undersized and it’s the only reason he wasn’t drafted but out him on a field and he’s going to produce no question about it. He had a great pre season with the Raiders, probably better than any rookie LB in the league.

Latest posts