Crap. This Sherman thing is EXPLODING everywhere....

Status
Not open for further replies.

godawg

Reaction score
Sherman's HS coach in Compton said that he got tired of all the trash talk and told Richard to put a lid on it. Sherman complied and played an entire HS game without saying a bad word. According to his coach it was the worst game he ever saw Richard play. His coach relented and told him to do whatever works for him. If calling out Crabtree works for RS, I love it.

rightbench

Reaction score
NorCalHawk12":31r05rrd said:
"I'd never let a mediocre receiver catch the game winner on me"

Sounds right. Since it was your only play of the game. You know...other than the other 50 or 60 you were in on on the field....

Wait wait wait wait wait.... you are talking about the best corner in football.... the one the 9ers spent the entire game NOT THROWING AT on purpose. And then you try and use that to say Sherman why didn't you do more?

You want him to sneak over to the other side of the field? you want him to play receiver so he can get a few more plays in ?

Crabtree said the same thing in his post game interviews. He made one play. AND IT WON THE GAME. And he didn't need to make more because he's proven that he owns his side of the field. Cmon Man.

Zybot

Reaction score
Sherm don't care. If you want to attack him, it only makes him play harder.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
The problem was not Richard Sherman.
The problem was the reporter wanting a comment from "Richard Sherman" with full knowledge that he was pumped up after the win and is known to trash talk.
They were looking for a story and they got one.
Sherman gave them what they were looking for. He is a very giving person.
Reporters should be banned from getting interviews until 20-30 minutes after the game.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Don't ask a tiger to change his stripes! This is nothing new for Sherm, its just on a bigger stage than normal! The people who are hating because of this are the same ones that would be hating the team because we won. I get the distinct feeling that we have not heard the last from him either.

hawker84

Reaction score
I wish Sherman could have controled it a little better , but i can completely understand. The man just stepped off the field of battle after making the biggest play in his career, and they shove a microphone in his face. Don't approve of his conduct, but i can completely understand it. He's a warrior and he wears his heart on his sleeve. whattaya gonna do?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He can act like an asshole at times, but he's our asshole and he is the best and we love him. The rest of the country though? To them he's a classless scumbag, and we can expect 2 weeks of them saying it.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Don't care.

He's earned the right to say whatever the hell he wants.

Or we could go back to the days of Kelly Jennings?

themunn

Reaction score
rightbench":c75f8xj2 said:
NorCalHawk12":c75f8xj2 said:
"I'd never let a mediocre receiver catch the game winner on me"

Sounds right. Since it was your only play of the game. You know...other than the other 50 or 60 you were in on on the field....

Wait wait wait wait wait.... you are talking about the best corner in football.... the one the 9ers spent the entire game NOT THROWING AT on purpose. And then you try and use that to say Sherman why didn't you do more?

You want him to sneak over to the other side of the field? you want him to play receiver so he can get a few more plays in ?

Crabtree said the same thing in his post game interviews. He made one play. AND IT WON THE GAME. And he didn't need to make more because he's proven that he owns his side of the field. Cmon Man.

Nah you've misunderstood, read it as "that's your only play of the game... the other 50-60 where nobody threw at you don't count as plays"

Imagine a sarcasm button. Although it's not really sarcasm when you have to tell people you're using it

Axx

Reaction score
so people here rather lose the superbowl than have Sherm go off on his antics again?

Crabtree put gas on the fire, and it burnt him

A

Anonymous

Kixkahn":254ivksu said:
The problem was the reporter wanting a comment from "Richard Sherman" with full knowledge that he was pumped up after the win and is known to trash talk.
Reporters should be banned from getting interviews until 20-30 minutes after the game.

Not to counter your point (because I support your position here about Dick being pumped up) but that wasn't the sideline reporter's decision. She is paid to sound and look good on camera, that's all. Blame the director in the broadcast truck who told her and the cameraman to get Sherm on camera and to stuff a mic in his face ASAP.

She doesn't do what the director says, it's unemployment compensation time.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1t6blpup said:
Kixkahn":1t6blpup said:

Not to counter your point (because I support your position here about Dick being pumped up) but that wasn't the sideline reporter's decision. She is paid to sound and look good on camera, that's all. Blame the director in the broadcast truck who told her and the cameraman to get Sherm on camera and to stuff a mic in his face ASAP.

She doesn't do what the director says, it's unemployment compensation time.

Exactly. That director just got a raise, or a promotion today. Probably both. Controversy sells, and this is all sports America is talking about today. Not the awesome game that we saw.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I don't think his word were necessarily wrong, but his attitude was very angry and seemed directed at the reporter and I was afraid he was going to knock her down. I think he should apologize to the reporter....

A

Anonymous

Hawkstorian":323vfvow said:
I don't think his word were necessarily wrong, but his attitude was very angry and seemed directed at the reporter and I was afraid he was going to knock her down. I think he should apologize to the reporter....

He probably will at some point. His publicist will suggest it to him I'm sure.

He'll get plenty of camera time during media day to right the ship.

Birdfinger

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":ax090o4a said:

Per her twitter, it was never a problem.

Erin Andrews ‏@ErinAndrews 9h

Ha! Not even close! Loved the emotion! #nocliche Can't wait for NY RT @fawcett_is_2k: I'm sorry @RSherman_25 scared you tonight

Polaris

Reaction score
I loved it. Crabtree has been a horse's ass even back when he was a receiver at Texas Tech and lately both he and the national media were treating him like the second coming of Jerry Rice....and he's NOT. Richard's comments (esp later on) were very much on point.

If the game is on the line, you should NOT throw in the direction of Richard Sherman.....like you don't start a land war in Asia.

As for the national perception, with the Pats eliminated (and with all due apologies to our Pats fans reading this), we are now the Sith Lords of the NFL. Get used to it.

Seeker

Reaction score
hey OP,
in 2006 we went in like perfect gentlemen and they screwed us over and laughed at us,
now we coming in full guns blazing and they are mad.

lets have a little talk about framing.

Sherman postgame speech = 24 hour conversation
Jeremy Lane being hit by non-uniform players out of bounds = not a peep

Seeker

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2iu7mppl said:

why would an NFL player looking straight ahead at the camera make you think it was towards the reporter?

didn't sherms commercial just tell you not everyone from Compton is a thug?

Axx

Reaction score
Crabtree tried to fight him or something in a charity event

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/20/report-crabtree-tried-to-fight-sherman-at-a-charity-event-last-year/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts